WaistAways Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Wow! Great steps Ellie!!

I know there is not currently a step/partner challenge going on right now for the whole group. Would anyone be interested just on our team? We could either partner up and try to get the most steps, or partner up and try to do more than your partner.

Let me know everyone's thoughts!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 678 Member
    @strong_fit_ells awesome steps!!

@ashleycarole86 oh man, feel better! What a bummer post-vacay.

Having an okay day here - I got up early and did 2 out of 3 supersets for my leg day in my challenge today, finished rhe final set after work along with PT. Work was a bit frustrating but I finally got something off my plate that was bugging me. Eating was so-so - lots of protein which was needed but not muh veg and a snack craving hit right before dinner, which I caved to. Ugh. Very tired now so heading to bed shortly.

Onto tuesday!
  • lauren_989
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 464 Member
    @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 feel better soon. I know so many people who either have COVID or sick

@strong_fit_ells wow fantastic step count

@Kali225 love that you can get out kayaking still. It's getting a little too cold around here for it.

Having said that we have been getting a few warm days and I'm loving fall. Walking the dog in the creek with all the leaves turning is so magical. I have a few days off this week but still got up early to get my workout in and going to knock a few things off my to-do list. Tires need to be changed soon, getting my windows cleaned, putting away summer items.
    Also looking forward to Thanksgiving (Canadian) this weekend. Weather should be good and will be nice to connect with family.
  • lauren_989
    PW: 205.8
    CW: 205

I'll take it. I was down more on Sunday, so not sure why I gained weight over the last 2 days. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • lauren_989
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,320 Member
    Missed a couple days checking in. I went to the gym yesterday. Didn’t want to go today, but put on my gym clothes and did it. Felt good. I knew I couldn’t go tomorrow and possibly Friday. My weight is up a bit which is not surprising after a bigger loss. We’ll see what it looks like tomorrow.

@ashleycarole86 So sorry to hear you and Brad are sick with Covid. Hope you feel better real soon. @jugar hope you hubby is on the mend too.
  • lauren_989
    @Jen_967 I hope the biopsy turns out ok. I'm glad you were able to get doctors to test further. Praying for you!

I got my flu shot this afternoon, and now I feel scratchy throat, body aches, and congestion. I've never gotten sick from the flu shot before, so don't know if it's just coincidence. Will hopefully get some sleep and feel better in the morning.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,383 Member
    PW - 158.2
    CW - 158
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,270 Member
    Thanks so much everyone for all the well wishes. It's been a rough week here in our household but we are on our way up, finally. And of course I can't even comprehend what our American friends are dealing with in Florida with the hurricane.. just devastating.

Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 268.4
    CW 265.8

Vacation weight coming off!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 273 Member
    PW 142.2
    CW 142

I will take it. I have had a busy week so I wasn't able to get on alot, but I hope everyone who is sick feels better quickly.

I am off tomorrow I am getting my hair done, it's down to my lower back, and I am cutting atleast a foot off , going with a complete change to a shaggy lob, so that should take atleast a 1lb off me for next week. haaa haaa

Have a great weekend.

• lauren_989
    PW 142.2
    CW 142

I will take it. I have had a busy week so I wasn't able to get on alot, but I hope everyone who is sick feels better quickly.

I am off tomorrow I am getting my hair done, it's down to my lower back, and I am cutting atleast a foot off , going with a complete change to a shaggy lob, so that should take atleast a 1lb off me for next week. haaa haaa

Have a great weekend.

Are you going to donate your hair?
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 306 Member
    PW: 180.8
    CW: 181.0

It's not much, but it's going the wrong way! I will make today a perfect day even though I didn't get any sleep last night.

@ashleycarole86 - I am glad you and Brad are on the mend! And, hurray to vacation weight coming off!

@Jen_967 - It's so good that you are seeking out the medical attention that you need! I hope you get the best news you can!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,270 Member
    Team, here were our week 1 step results:

5 participants - 362,145 total steps

Top steppers
    #1 @strong_fit_ells 103,441
    #2 @lauren_989 84,038
    #3 @ashleycarole86 67,915

Consistent steppers
    #1 @zankash23 7 of 7 days at pledge
    #2 @strong_fit_ells 6 of 7 days at pledge
    #3 @lauren_989 5 of 7 days at pledge

Best day of week 1
    22606 steps Oct 5 for @lauren_989

Best triumphant return
    @micki48 (I have you back at 8k daily pledge - let me know if that's still right!)

My watch is dead as it doesn't hold a charge anymore - I will be very hit or miss in what I can report. My phone records steps but it requires it to be on me. So, I will either be participating in a limited way or not at all until I replace my battery or get a new watch!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 191 Member
    Hi all,
    First things first...
    CW: 243.6

France... OMG! I had no idea how beautiful and historic France is. Hard not to fall in love. Ash and I had such an amazing time... a few pics: 9kunnzwdh226.jpg
    qjnasu49vmtt.jpg
    v6oxlay958zh.jpg
  • Kali225
    Thursday already!!

Hope Brad & Ashley are continue to recuperate. Pictures from France are awesome, you guys look like you had a lot of fun.

And @Jen_967 sending all good thoughts for results of your biopsy.

I am continuing to battle this hacking cough. I have definitely let myself wallow/binge/snack too much as a result, so I will try to really reset next week. I am in my friend's wedding this Saturday. As maybe was predictable for someone who has been in a weight loss rut since March, I did not end up losing any weight before this event. Rats. But, I picked up my bridesmaid dress yesterday which did not fit AT ALL when it arrived, and this seamstress worked a true miracle!! I will feel just fine wearing it. I'm even a little excited to get my hair done. And I got a gel manicure for the first time in my life this week.

Week 2 of my workout challenge is going well, and PT sessions have really been kicked up a notch - I get to the point of drippingggg sweat twice a week there!

Won't be optimistic about the scale tomorrow, but on we go.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    PW: 189.4 lbs
    CW: 188.2 lbs

The renaissance faire last weekend was a lot of fun! One of my friends and I bought ourselves tiaras that are just gorgeous. I also bought new D&D dice that are made from a metal. My husband did end up buying a turkey leg for lunch, which was his one goal for the faire.

Now that my cold is pretty much gone (save for a lingering cough), I have managed to squeeze in a yoga and a few strength workouts this week. I have just one more workout from Sydney’s September calendar to complete and then it’s on to October's!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love the photos of France - Brad and Ash!
    Kali, I hope that you have a blast at your friend’s wedding!
  • Kali225
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 256.1
    CW: 255.9

Teensy green, yippee!