WaistAways Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 5
    Good evening Waistaways πŸ₯°

I've had a busy couple of days at work.
    Tomorrow I don't have to start work until 4pm, so my husband and I are going to Elan Valley, beautiful place with a four dams. It is only 1 hour drive from home. It is place where we went on our first date exactly 21 years ago 🫣 It is our 18th wedding anniversary on Monday so we are celebrating a day early πŸ₯°Shaun deserves a medal for putting up with me for so long 🀣

I other news I'm still going strong. Watching weightloss programs on TV to keep me motivated.
    Do any of you have any favorite programs? Mine is Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead with Joe Cross. It's Joe's documentary about juicing. He introduces Phil Staples etc... I don't want to spoil it but please watch it. If you feel demotivated that program will definitely put you back on track πŸ₯°

@ashleycarole @jugar my steps:
    Thursday 17,571
    Friday 16,647
    Saturday 12,235

Have a lovely Sunday everyone πŸ₯°
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Happy early wedding anniversary @strong_fit_ells! I hope you have a great time celebrating tomorrow!

We went to the park today and we did a lot of walking. My legs are sore tonight! But it was a gorgeous day out. I ate under calories and hit a perfect day!

@jugar I hope your husband feels bettter and you don't get sick.

@ashleycarole86 I hope you don't get too sick either. Not something you want to deal with after vacation.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 678 Member
    checking in before bed and catching up on posts. thanks for the encouragement on kayaking, I will drop immediately into a depression when the season is over.

cough is pissing me off now and I had a pretty bad end to the work week with a late Friday night. But, today was a perfect Saturday. Didn't overeat, kayaked for 2.5 hours in beautiful, sunny, October weather, then headed up to the roof deck and tanned, journaled, read my book while I did laundry. Love a multitasking weekend! And I got PT done after dinner with a show.

Tomorrow I will kayak for the 4th day in a row, on the Mystic River which I haven't hit yet this season. After grocery shopping, I will settle in for about 10 straight hours of football. :)

I started a 6 week workout challenge on Monday, and week 1 went right on schedule which felt great. Hoping my foot holds and I don't overdo things with PT, dance cardio Tuesdays, and the challenge.

@micki48 keep it up at the gym! and so great what your son is doing. My sister is in eastern NC, so they weren't hit too bad, but the videos and stories coming out of Appalachia are tugging at me.

hope you all start the week off on a good foot tomorrow!
  • strong_fit_ells
    Good morning Waistaways πŸ₯°

Finally things are moving in right direction πŸ₯°

PW 240.1 lbs
    CW 237.6 lbs

Woop! Woop! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Have a lovely Sunday πŸ₯°
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,270 Member
    Nice work on the weight loss this week @strong_fit_ells .. enjoy your anniversary celebration with your husband.

@micki48 you too.. love a good comeback story and your energy right now is screaming that! Thankful for people like your son who help others in times of need

@Kali225 football will be our company today too as we are both sick and not moving far anyway. Are you doing fantasy football again this year and how's your team doing?
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 464 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrzy - I had the same struggle with screen time and gravitating to my social apps. I had to remove the apps for a while and now I have a screentime limit for my social media. For the most part I follow it and find I'm not as anxious and able to be more present with my family. It's always going to be a struggle for me if I don't put limits on myself.

@jugar hope your husband recovers quickly.

@strong_fit_ells - Happy Anniversary. What a special story on your first date. Fantastic loss, you are nailing it.

I'm enjoying fall. I have time off work the next few weeks and have my to-do list full of what I want to get done around the house but also going to take some time for things I enjoy. I'm going to Galveston in December for my brother's wedding and excited to spend time mostly with family but also in checking out more of Texas. I've only been to San Antonio and loved it there.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions on what to do or see in Houston or Galveston?
  • lauren_989
    Here is an update on our end of the year goals!! :)

s9o6iu2bjn2f.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,320 Member
    Steps

ihi6vtxcdrn5.jpeg
  • lauren_989
    Sunday: 11,133 + 3.3 mile jog @ 4.3 mph
    Monday: 10,224 + 60 minute body pump class
    Tuesday: 9,421 + 3 mile jog @ 4.6 mph
    Wednesday: 4,794 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 3,820
    Friday: 3,740
    Saturday: 19,306 + 30 min weight lifting
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 678 Member
    @ashleycarole86 yes, doing an office fantasy league and my brother and I decided to start a family one for the first time! Trash talk is 10/10, it's been fun. One of my teams is doing pretty well, the other, not so much... but the Packers won today so it's a good day!!

I woke up naturally at 6:45am today which is unusual for a Sunday. But it helped me get on the water for kayaking by 8:45am which is definitely earlier than I have ever been out. It was beautiful and quiet. Lots of birds. And then I did some last minute shopping for accessories for a wedding I am in this coming weekend. Found some good things, and didn't spend too much. I meal prepped with football, and got my PT exercises done.

Ready for bed now. Night team!
  • strong_fit_ells
    edited October 7
    Good Morning Everyone :smile:

Start of the week and it will be busy one for me at work, again :neutral:
    I looked at my habbit tracker and I only had a 2 perfect days, which is no good :blush: So today I aim for a perfect day and I will report later :smiley:

I really recomend a Habit Tracker :smile: Set one up with your goals and it is amazing how motivating it is when you have a chance to tick it off. Some days I forgot to do my plank and as I wanted to tick it off I just did it :smiley:
    I still have 22lbs to lose by end of year so I need alot of Perfect Days :sunglasses:

@jugar I hope your husband feels better, Liselyn :blush:

@lauren_989 any more step challenges coming up soon? My work is quiet next week so I could really use the motivation :smiley:

Have a lovely day everyone :heart:

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,505 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    Pardon the delay in posting this, folks! Yesterday spiraled out of my control, but we are all set to go now - thanks for your patience!

d8zzerzteqkb.png
    lby96imbs420.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    yj0xrmyxoskr.png

By Pounds
    aasmcdda62ly.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    uptzz2bhx61r.png

By Pounds
    pknw24sz7ukk.png
    4ccyqb40i056.png

Team Winners
    nnx9z5qqsmtm.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    1sgunb1rap5t.png
  • ashleycarole86
    Still sick, still in bed, weight still dropping off after the vacation gain. Nothing else to report here.. this really has us down and out.
  • ashleycarole86
    Did another covid test this morning and it was positive. Boo.
  • lauren_989
    Oh no @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 feel better soon!

Great job this last week to oue biggest losers @micki48 @Jen_968 @cleaneater80!!! πŸŽ‰

We also had 45% of our team in the green...that is awesome!!

Let's keep the momentum going for week 2!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 863 Member
    10/5/24
    Weigh In Day: SATURDAY
    PW (Previous Weight):169.4
    CW (Current Weight): 166.8
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 50 Member
    Previous Weight - 162.4 lbs
    Current Weight - 161.2 lbs

It's been a week! Life last week was chaotic, but should be on the upswing this week. I didn't work out most days last week because I didn't have the oomph/brainpower/whatever you'd like to call it to do so. But, I was back to it this morning, and plan to keep at it this week! Hope all are keeping well!
  • strong_fit_ells
    Good evening Waistaways 😁
    Just wanted to post because I'm so proud of myself πŸ₯°
    I've had a busy day today with pottering around the house, dog walking and having long shift at work! I only finished sn hour ago and it was 11pm in UK.

So these are my steps for today 😁
    Woop! Woop! 🎊🎊🎊

zsayj1gr311g.jpg

@lauren_989 I wish we were still doing our partner step challenge 😁πŸ₯°

Have a lovely Tuesday all πŸ₯°