Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    no but my legs are sore from running earlier.
    TNP liked watching america's funniest videos
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Ceci - My condolences for your cousin. Prayers for your daughter. Hugs for you.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Laura and Romy those are fantastic runs! I hope when I reach that sort of distance I can manage that pace but I somehow doubt it.

The first mile is my bogie - it all starts to even out after that but sometimes I'm half a mile in and I think "I can't keep doing this for another 1,2,3 miles" but then you just become aware it got easier without you realising. I'm hoping that will continue lol

This is why I believe in the blerch. Nobody like that first mile.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Bittersweet today.

Drama with my pregnant 19 year old daughter yesterday, so almost no sleep last night. (Long story- prayers needed!)

Got up early anyway, ready to do a quick 30 minute run. Halfway through the run, my mom called to let me know my cousin passed away last night. She was only 56! (Prayers for her family!)

Finished the run anyway through the tears.

Run Stats:
    Distance: 2.71 mi
    Pace 11:05 min/mi
    Including warm up & cool down: 3.56 mi
    Calories burned: 370

Did I really just say a "quick 30 minute run"?! Geez, who am I? What happened to Ceci?

Oh, yeah, weighed in at my lowest to date- 139! Finally at a healthy BMI! Resetting my goal to 135 and will go from there- a few lbs at a time until I get where I am comfortable. I still have some fat to lose, but am pretty comfortable with my size right now. Probably need to start some lifting.

Sorry for all you're facing. May peace surround you all.

Awesome "quick 30 minute run." It is wild, isn't it :)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Well I thought that I was at week 5 of the Hal Higdon Novice 10k, but I accidentally set my app to go 5 miles rather than 4.5, so I guess I'm at week 6. :laugh:

it was cool, 55 F, and I did my normal long slow pace, which is 17 min/mile. No music.

Next week I will try this goal
    -- 2 miles (flat) at less than 15 min/mile
    -- 5k (with the hill in the middle) at less than 16 min/mile
    -- 9k at whatever pace I can do it with no walking

and on my off days I will get out on my new bike!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    This is why I believe in the blerch. Nobody like that first mile.

The first mile sucks. I spend most of that first mile reminding myself that once I get past it I'll settle into my run. But I still have that moment where I think "I can't do this today" in just about every run.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Well I thought that I was at week 5 of the Hal Higdon Novice 10k, but I accidentally set my app to go 5 miles rather than 4.5, so I guess I'm at week 6. :laugh:

Awesome job! Way to leap ahead to 5 miles!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, greatly appreciated!

Yesterday I rode the bicycle 35 miles! I believe I will be able to do 50 for my upcoming Tour de Cure.

Should have run today, but slept in and am watching football instead! Maybe later.

btsinmd- I found bike shorts and jerseys on the clearance rack at Academy last week.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, greatly appreciated!

Yesterday I rode the bicycle 35 miles! I believe I will be able to do 50 for my upcoming Tour de Cure.

Should have run today, but slept in and am watching football instead! Maybe later.

btsinmd- I found bike shorts and jerseys on the clearance rack at Academy last week.

Awesome job biking 35 miles!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    no but my legs are sore from running earlier.
    TNP liked watching america's funniest videos

oops!!! not relaled at all to running.
    was supposed to be posted in chit-chat forums
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W4D3 Hal Higdon plan - 4miles constant run averaging 11.3 min miles which was a little slower than last week but most of it was on the now muddy trails today so I'm not disappointed.

I'll be doing W5D1 and 2 this week but then I'm off on holiday on Saturday so I'm not sure when I'll fit run 3 though I'm taking my running kit with me as I'll definitely get some running done, just maybe not 5miles constant! :)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday, yamsteroo!

Great Biking, Ceci!
    and thanks for the tip.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job on the biking, Ceci. I don't think I've ever biked that far.
    my running kit

That made me think of this Remy article:

http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/use-this-word-starting-now
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow Ceci, 35 miles is awesome!!!

Today was my long run day, 7 miles. There is a beach a few miles from me, but my runs usually end right before I get to the boardwalk. Today I took the boardwalk to the end. This meant I had to a streetcar back home. But it was a good run with a great view. I averaged 13.49 a mile. So I took it slow, but still it was faster then the first time I ran 6 mile during the last week of 5210K a month ago. I do now understand why so many runners swear by bodyglide. So far didn't think I needed it, but today serious chafing on my bum.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great job on the biking, Ceci. I don't think I've ever biked that far.
    my running kit

That made me think of this Remy article:

http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/use-this-word-starting-now

lol ... funny. I guess everything over here is 'kit' rather than 'gear' .... or indeed, caboodle!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    W4D3 Hal Higdon plan - 4miles constant run averaging 11.3 min miles which was a little slower than last week but most of it was on the now muddy trails today so I'm not disappointed.

I'll be doing W5D1 and 2 this week but then I'm off on holiday on Saturday so I'm not sure when I'll fit run 3 though I'm taking my running kit with me as I'll definitely get some running done, just maybe not 5miles constant! :)

I'm constantly blown away by how fast you are! Something for me to work toward.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    W8D1 - my final week of the 10K training!

It was too dark & foggy to run this morning so I went after my trainer session. Apologies to everyone I work with and my trainer for having to deal with my bad all mood today. As much as I whine to myself about having to get up early on Mondays to get my run in, my week just didn't start right without it.

I was scheduled to run 3 and my average would have been faster if I hadn't tried to go 3.1, because that final .1 I was clock-watching.

Distance: 3.10 miles
    Time: 37:08
    Average Speed: 11:58

1:00 - 12:01
    2:00 - 12:03 (24:03)
    3:00 - 11:47 (35:51)
    3:10 - 12:43 (37:08)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    It was too dark & foggy to run this morning so I went after my trainer session. Apologies to everyone I work with and my trainer for having to deal with my bad all mood today. As much as I whine to myself about having to get up early on Mondays to get my run in, my week just didn't start right without it.

I'm getting that way myself. I just asked my boss if I could flex my schedule today and the Tueday after next so I can get my long runs in during daylight. You know you're a runner when....
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thunderstorms yesterday morning, so I waited until after work to get my run in.

I headed to my local National Park and set my RunDouble app to "Fun Run- 1 hr". I was using a new playlist and couldn't make myself stop running in the middle of "Bohemian Rhapsody", so I ran until the end of the song!

Stats for the 1 hr:
    Overall Pace 11:46
    Overall distance: 5.1 mi

Including wu/cd:
    Pace: 12:51
    Distance 6.17 mi
    Calories: 603

I still have a nasty blistery spot on the ball of my left foot, but it doesn't start bothering me until after about 4 miles and isn't going to keep me from running.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I also hate getting up on a cold dark morning, but I dragged myself out of bed this morning and took my dog with me. First lap of the park we had it to ourselves, second lap all the dog walkers were out, but thankfully my dog behaved himself. Was supposed to be a 6k tempo run but it turned into a 4.8k slow run, wasn't feeling it today!