October C25K Challenge (everyone)

Options
PaytraB
PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
This months challenge:

First person to 30 miles will receive a post card from me!

This challenge is to help build on the endurance you are creating. To ensure an injury free challenge, I am keeping the miles minimal. One of the best cross training you can do alongside the C25K is walking. Walking helps build time on your feet, and it uses the same muscles you run with but in a different way. That is one main goal of a cross training supplement.

To help keep track of your miles done you can use a ticker from tickerfactory.com. You can post your updated tickers here or post once you have completed. The first person to 30 miles will receive a message from me requesting your address (yes I will even mail to over seas!) and will be announced here!

(I am shamelessly copying rduhlir's message from last month. I wouldn't want to change the Challenge in any way.)

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Ok - I'm in - is that 30 miles running or includes walking too? I tend to count all my steps all day long so if it should only be a dedicated walk, I need to know that - I can track that seperately if needed.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    In! But to keep it fair I am upping my mileage to 50 miles.
  • samonmission
    samonmission Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That sounds great ! I am in ~ Thanks for the initiative

This includes Run / Walk or Only Run?
  • PaytraB
    Options
    To keep it fair and give all a chance, the distance covered during any C25K training session (walking and running) can be counted and, for those who have graduated the program, any running/training session.
    Walking outside of the program isn't counted (too much of an advantage).

rduhlir, thanks for keeping in the spirit of the Challenge!
  • rduhlir
    Options
    5 miles down, 45 to go
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    In! But to keep it fair I am upping my mileage to 50 miles.

I'm doing the 50 mile plan.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a challenge :) I'm in for 30:smile:
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 1.9 miles down for day 1 of week 3! :smile:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Alright then! I'm in for 50 as well. No way I can keep up with Varda and Becky but 50 in a month is a good challenge for me. Deep breath and off we go!

P.s. LOVE the receivee being the next challenger. You rock Petra!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    Alright then! I'm in for 50 as well. No way I can keep up with Varda and Becky but 50 in a month is a good challenge for me. Deep breath and off we go!

P.s. LOVE the receivee being the next challenger. You rock Petra!

6 miles today, I've officially joined the party!
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    I'm in...counting only running, no walking...i'm sure my plan doesn't call for 50 miles this month...more like 36...so I'll shoot for 40 miles

2.84 miles today to kick off the month!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50, got 6.6 done so far this month.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I just got home from a 5-day family visit. I'm so glad to see so many participants! You are all doing great!

I came home to a wonderful postcard from rduhlir. I've put it on my fridge as a motivator. Thank you, rduhlir!! I feel like I've won a medal.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    50 (Goal)
    -11.6 (10/2)
  • jmm083
    jmm083 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    3.18 today! (I am going for 30 miles this month). Although I graduated the program a few weeks ago I am still building up actual distance/mileage. Today was my first run actually running a complete 5k distance!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Oct 3rd: Day 1 of program: 1.7 miles, Strava: http://www.strava.com/activities/86670044
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Goal 30 miles (48km)

1st - 3.12km
    3rd - 3.12km

Total - 6.24km
  • rduhlir
    Options
    3.0 miles last night and then 5.0 this morning.

13/50....37 miles left!
  • jessiekanga
    Options
    3.18 today! (I am going for 30 miles this month). Although I graduated the program a few weeks ago I am still building up actual distance/mileage. Today was my first run actually running a complete 5k distance!

Yay! That's a great milestone. Nice!
  • likitisplit
    Options

Congratulations!