EPLWE! general chit chat thread.

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
this is the thread for general chit chat and discussions about IIFYM or this challenge.

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out what food I could use in place of pizza. My nutritionist would really rather I didn't involve refined carbs like bread and pasta (for my IR). Any ideas? Bacon maybe? I don't want it to be too easy.
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making a chit-chat thread! :flowerforyou:

Just want to say I :heart: IIFYM. I can have my cake (or pizza in this case) and eat it too. Suffer no repercussions and life is good. Amen.
  • LadyKT
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out what food I could use in place of pizza. My nutritionist would really rather I didn't involve refined carbs like bread and pasta (for my IR). Any ideas? Bacon maybe? I don't want it to be too easy.

...bunless pizza burgers FTW.....
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Tacos?
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

can you do 1 donut every morning for breakfast? or how about a chocolate something-or-other every day? not chocolate flavored, but an actual candy bar of some sort. that's just a couple hundred calories and can add fats to your day for you. Halloween is coming up and you can buy those bags of mini candy bars now and EASILY fit one or two of them into your macros each day. if i wasn't doing pizza, i might also consider those pumpkin pie pop tarts instead... there's not much fat or protein in them, so they are a food that's really vilified on here by certain folks. i think they're fine in moderation though. maybe a poptart ice cream sandwich would do the trick. :)
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Maybe peanut butter M&M's? Protein and fat....yum! I like the pizza burger and taco ideas though. There's a Taco Bell on the way home from work.
  • LadyKT
    Options
    Maybe peanut butter M&M's? Protein and fat....yum! I like the pizza burger and taco ideas though. There's a Taco Bell on the way home from work.

Oh no, you have to try the PUMPKIN SPICE M&Ms. Those are totally fitting for October! :love:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

Oh no, you have to try the PUMPKIN SPICE M&Ms. Those are totally fitting for October! :love:
    I don't know about those...I like pumpkin spice, but I don't know if I could handle that. Have you see the candy corn M&Ms?
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    "ViLified Foods".. NowI Have An image OfAngry Villagers With Pitchforks And torches!

Cue A Gif Now!
  • LadyKT
    Options
    "ViLified Foods".. NowI Have An image OfAngry Villagers With Pitchforks And torches!

Cue A Gif Now!

Shhhh you might piss off the clean eaters!
    angry-mob2.jpg
  • LadyKT
    Options

I don't know about those...I like pumpkin spice, but I don't know if I could handle that. Have you see the candy corn M&Ms?

Oh i wish I liked candy corn. The pumpkin spice ones aren't bad. Kind of like a chocolate red hot, just not spicy, if you like that sort of thing.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I thought some of you might find this IIFYM video by Layne Norton interesting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8

He specifically mentions pizza in the video
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @LadyKT

You NAILED It Most Excellent - :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:

Cue A Gif Now!

Shhhh you might piss off the clean eaters!
    --- Awesome Simpson's Image --
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

FWIW, minimalistshoeaddict inspired this challenge. he's always doing unusual food challenges for himself, so i decided to throw my hat in the ring with this one. there is another eating challenge group on here (i don't know the group name offhand) where they challenge each other to eat certain amounts of calories in certain periods of time, but those guys are mostly bulking and need extra calories. maybe when minimalistshoeaddict sees this post, he can provide the link for those interested in seeing what they do in that group.
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

WHAT?!! THESE THINGS EXIST?? :love:
  • LadyKT
    Options
    @LadyKT

You NAILED It Most Excellent - :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:

I know it too well....sadly.... :noway:
  • LadyKT
    Options

WHAT?!! THESE THINGS EXIST?? :love:

Tar-jay.....or just Target :smokin:
  • LadyKT
    Options

FWIW, minimalistshoeaddict inspired this challenge. he's always doing unusual food challenges for himself, so i decided to throw my hat in the ring with this one. there is another eating challenge group on here (i don't know the group name offhand) where they challenge each other to eat certain amounts of calories in certain periods of time, but those guys are mostly bulking and need extra calories. maybe when minimalistshoeaddict sees this post, he can provide the link for those interested in seeing what they do in that group.

Pizza can be healthy, if the right toppings are chosen. No reason why it can't be eaten daily!

Now eating daily kit-kats or something, or heck Pumpkin Spice M&Ms (guilty), might be a different story....
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

Pizza can be healthy, if the right toppings are chosen. No reason why it can't be eaten daily!

Now eating daily kit-kats or something, or heck Pumpkin Spice M&Ms (guilty), might be a different story....

it's just a matter of adjusting the amounts and then choosing your other foods wisely... anyone can find room for a daily treat in their diet. they just have to have the understanding of how to do it and the willpower not to let a couple of Hershey's kisses turn into a whole bag of Hershey's kisses in one sitting. i think by not depriving yourself and eating small amounts of foods you love daily, you fight off the urge to binge. that's my experience. i still do occasionally of course. i ate a whole bag of pretzels watching the game on Sunday. fortunately, i have a high TDEE so those 1500-1600 calories weren't a problem. but it would have been better to stop at half a bag. :tongue:
  • LadyKT
    Options

it's just a matter of adjusting the amounts and then choosing your other foods wisely... anyone can find room for a daily treat in their diet. they just have to have the understanding of how to do it and the willpower not to let a couple of Hershey's kisses turn into a whole bag of Hershey's kisses in one sitting. i think by not depriving yourself and eating small amounts of foods you love daily, you fight off the urge to binge. that's my experience. i still do occasionally of course. i ate a whole bag of pretzels watching the game on Sunday. fortunately, i have a high TDEE so those 1500-1600 calories weren't a problem. but it would have been better to stop at half a bag. :tongue:

Oh thats not what i meant. I mean, lets say you eat your protein (and some fat) allotment in chicken. You still will have cals, carbs and the like leftover. Does that mean you can eat the remainder in say gummy bears? How does one function w all that sugar, or is IIFYM a little more balanced, allowing for some treats, not crazy ways to fit a lot of junk in there?