EPLWE! general chit chat thread.

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I just got an e-article from Fitness Magazine entitled "10 Foods to Never Eat." If you're wondering, frosting, bagels, donuts, bacon, and soy sauce are all included in the list of no-nos. (http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/eating-help/calories/foods-to-never-eat/)

... lol.

Looks like a little "side challenge" to see how many of these we can eat (::evil laugh::)

Although - I think I will substitute real butter for the margarine
    Actually just for kicks and giggles, I will attempt to have all 10 in one day next week. I plugged them all into next Tuesday's diary (because Tues, Weds are my days off and high burn days and this week's are already planned) and it's totally do-able.
    These are the 10 Foods to never eat:
    Bagels
    Margarine 
    Bacon
    Sugary Cereal
    Soya sauce 
    Jarred Spaghetti sauce
    Full calorie pop
    Canned Frosting
    Maraschino cherries
    Processed Baked Goods

A Tim Horton's bacon breakfast bagel will take care of the first 3, then a bowl of Captain Crunch for a snack, a cup of rice with soya sauce for lunch, with some veggies, jarred spaghetti sauce with spaghetti and meatballs for supper with a can of Coke, then a processed angel food cake (that I have all the time anyway) with the canned icing and a cherry. If I throw in a protein shake and some chicken breast, I'll still have perfect macros and as long as I don't miss my kickboxing class, I'd still have about an 800 calorie deficit. :drinker: and if I die from overindulging in too many evil foods at once, at least I'll die happy. :bigsmile:

622-1223164587.gif
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Do Pizza Bagels count?
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Do Pizza Bagels count?

yes. of course. as long as there is no cauliflower involved.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    A Tim Horton's bacon breakfast bagel will take care of the first 3, then a bowl of Captain Crunch for a snack, a cup of rice with soya sauce for lunch, with some veggies, jarred spaghetti sauce with spaghetti and meatballs for supper with a can of Coke, then a processed angel food cake (that I have all the time anyway) with the canned icing and a cherry. If I throw in a protein shake and some chicken breast, I'll still have perfect macros and as long as I don't miss my kickboxing class, I'd still have about an 800 calorie deficit. drinker and if I die from overindulging in too many evil foods at once, at least I'll die happy.

This is awesome!
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    ...so, is it just 3 of us doing this challenge (or at least just 3 of us posting about our results)?

me, Chevy_Smart, and Cindyinpg ???

what a shame others haven't found this. with so many people on the forums following derpy diet suggestions, a whole lot of folks could actually learn some practical information by trying this out for themselves. even if they couldn't yet fully commit to IIFYM practices, they could certainly get familiar with how to set their macros, how to pre-plan, and how to budget for foods they actually like in their dietary intake.

Sad+Kitteh.jpg
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I think the true believers are already convinced and need no additional evidence and the non believers think its far too good to be true and don't believe the evidence. :laugh:

Unfortunately, many of the people I know in real life who are dieting are so misinformed that it is nearly impossible to convince them that THIS works. I've lost 121lbs, but if I eat a chocolate bar in front of anyone, they all automatically assume that I've fallen off the wagon and am on my way to gaining it all back. :huh:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    The Few The Proud...

Real Life Has Been Unbelievably Busy The LAst Few..It Has All Been Good.

This Challenge Is GReat..I Mean It!

PizzA: Fri And Today
    Ice Cream: Yesterday!

Brainy..Thanks FOr Creating This And Happy Birthday!
    Cindy.. Thanks FOr Your Enthusiasm!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Do Pizza Bagels count?

yes. of course. as long as there is no cauliflower involved.

Thanks!

I will never eat cauliflower pizza
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    IIFYM!!

This challenge is really helping me out!

By purposely going after previously "forbidden" foods... it takes the "mystique" out of eating them. They are no longer "taboo". Pizza is now just a fun nearly daily treat. Ice cream is a "staple". I have had some bad days, but I am able to turn it around a lot quicker because my head is not so "f****ed up" about food! :drinker:

My runs are getting stronger and I am going to start branching off into more body weight training and free weights soon.
    The reason is I have Fuel in My Tank and I am

NOT HANGRY:explode:

This little Group - ROCKS! :drinker: :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    this is **IMPORTANT** - Intervention needed

I just ate grapes, a banana, and an apple for snacks today. What in "f***" is wrong with me?!?!?!?

:::: Several serious EMT professionals rush over with a Pizza Defibrillator ::::

:::: mumbles incoherently... "Please don't let them kick me out of the group... I promise I will eat IIFYM! " ::: :LOL
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    This challenge is excellent. I know that we all see people going 200-400 calories into the red zone and they literally "flog" themselves and do all sorts of silly things to make it up.

I went on "Walkabout" last week. I ate everything in site (I was on a really stressful business trip with plane flights, rental cars, late night driving, hotel changes, blah blah blah). And.. I was a total freaking slacker about working out ( I fell off my dark-30 wagon).

I had three red days of -1844, -1678, -1988 last week (Logged Everything so I can understand in the future my behaivours). I did not panic and just "got back on the horse", started my workouts, and ate between my BMR and TDEE. And today I am at my lowest weight in 2013!

Thanks again for this challenge (We are the few and the pizza and ice cream eating proud) :drinker:
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    This challenge is excellent. I know that we all see people going 200-400 calories into the red zone and they literally "flog" themselves and do all sorts of silly things to make it up.

I went on "Walkabout" last week. I ate everything in site (I was on a really stressful business trip with plane flights, rental cars, late night driving, hotel changes, blah blah blah). And.. I was a total freaking slacker about working out ( I fell off my dark-30 wagon).

I had three red days of -1844, -1678, -1988 last week (Logged Everything so I can understand in the future my behaivours). I did not panic and just "got back on the horse", started my workouts, and ate between my BMR and TDEE. And today I am at my lowest weight in 2013!

Thanks again for this challenge (We are the few and the pizza and ice cream eating proud) :drinker:

the single biggest problem on this site is how many members have fundamentally f'ed up relationships with food. i never have, so i never had to overcome that and that's why i sometimes like to poke the orthorexics (clean eaters, paleo, primal, sugarphobes, etc.) because they are here deliberately trying to spread their food disorders to others.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    This challenge is excellent. I know that we all see people going 200-400 calories into the red zone and they literally "flog" themselves and do all sorts of silly things to make it up.... <<shortened>>

the single biggest problem on this site is how many members have fundamentally f'ed up relationships with food. i never have, so i never had to overcome that and that's why i sometimes like to poke the orthorexics (clean eaters, paleo, primal, sugarphobes, etc.) because they are here deliberately trying to spread their food disorders to others.

^^ that!

It is just like religious or political fanaticism. I see newbies coming "off the boat" and immediately "besieged" by these people. All of a sudden they are in a lose 40 by Christmas challenge and do "f***ed" up things to themselves because of the peer pressure.

I think the more I am here the scarier it gets!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    This challenge is excellent. I know that we all see people going 200-400 calories into the red zone and they literally "flog" themselves and do all sorts of silly things to make it up.... <<shortened>>

^^ that!

It is just like religious or political fanaticism. I see newbies coming "off the boat" and immediately "besieged" by these people. All of a sudden they are in a lose 40 by Christmas challenge and do "f***ed" up things to themselves because of the peer pressure.

Haha, I agree, it IS like religion or politics. A new person comes in with a perfectly innocent, "Why aren't I losing weight?" "How can I kickstart my diet?" "I want to lose 50lb pounds by New Years, is that possible?... " or a hideous dangerous, "I want to salt water fast", "Juice fast for 400 days, anyone?" And sometimes we are there and they actually accept our advice of moderation.... and sometimes we lose them. And in real life, it is worse because people are only seeing Facebook Dr. Oz posts and the garbage on TV, like that hideous CBC sugar documentary Lichent and Buddy are so enamoured with. Viewers are exposed to the principle of moderation rarely, if at all. And a person can't walk around with the "getting started on your path to sexy pants" link tattooed on their foreheads to help convince people. I saw a thread on here once "Is IIFYM a cult?" and I thought it was funny, but some days, I almost DO want to print up pamphlets and bumper stickers and go knocking on doors. :tongue:
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

^^ that!

Haha, I agree, it IS like religion or politics. A new person comes in with a perfectly innocent, "Why aren't I losing weight?" "How can I kickstart my diet?" "I want to lose 50lb pounds by New Years, is that possible?... " or a hideous dangerous, "I want to salt water fast", "Juice fast for 400 days, anyone?" And sometimes we are there and they actually accept our advice of moderation.... and sometimes we lose them. And in real life, it is worse because people are only seeing Facebook Dr. Oz posts and the garbage on TV, like that hideous CBC sugar documentary Lichent and Buddy are so enamoured with. Viewers are exposed to the principle of moderation rarely, if at all. And a person can't walk around with the "getting started on your path to sexy pants" link tattooed on their foreheads to help convince people. I saw a thread on here once "Is IIFYM a cult?" and I thought it was funny, but some days, I almost DO want to print up pamphlets and bumper stickers and go knocking on doors. :tongue:

the "Is IIFYM a cult?" thread was a parody thread of my "Is clean eating a cult?" thread. :laugh: i think delicious_cocktail posted that. he was probably called burthuttz back then, maybe emanyalpsid.

the clean eaters really didn't like my thread calling them cultists (which they 100% are BTW). :tongue:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    the "Is IIFYM a cult?" thread was a parody thread of my "Is clean eating a cult?" thread. :laugh: i think delicious_cocktail posted that. he was probably called burthuttz back then, maybe emanyalpsid.

the clean eaters really didn't like my thread calling them cultists (which they 100% are BTW). :tongue:
    Aw, I never got to see that one. *pouts*
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options

the "Is IIFYM a cult?" thread was a parody thread of my "Is clean eating a cult?" thread. laugh i think delicious_cocktail posted that. he was probably called burthuttz back then, maybe emanyalpsid.

the clean eaters really didn't like my thread calling them cultists (which they 100% are BTW). tongue

All this made me spit out my 7-eleven pizza slices today - Yes I actually like 7-eleven pizza LOL.
    After I had my running NSV today I decided to do the famous "Gas Station" Lunch - 7 eleven pizza, lays potato chips and a dark chocolate kit kat - I was in Heaven!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Here is another classic thread (all in CAPS of course)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1121501-please-help-i-am-starting-to-feel-defeated

What is disturbing is that the OPs that argue the most and dig in their heels probably have very high IQs and may be successful in many other areas of their lives. I have seen "totally together" people go after Raspberry Ketones, Fasting, etc. etc. etc.

I decided to "not be a D**K" and offer to Friend.. we will see what happens.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Here is another classic thread (all in CAPS of course)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1121501-please-help-i-am-starting-to-feel-defeated

What is disturbing is that the OPs that argue the most and dig in their heels probably have very high IQs and may be successful in many other areas of their lives. I have seen "totally together" people go after Raspberry Ketones, Fasting, etc. etc. etc.

I decided to "not be a D**K" and offer to Friend.. we will see what happens.
    I feel sorry for that OP, so much conflicting advice....
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I feel sorry for that OP, so much conflicting advice....

And I sense that she is really trying. The ones that get me are the people that tell people to automatically eat 1200 calories no matter what. I have to take a "deep breath" LOL