EPLWE! general chit chat thread.

Options

Replies

• Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Just me saying...

I am just worrying about total calories for the day. The macros will work out. Some days I am ultra high carb... some days I am less than 100. I just keep an eye on getting enough protein.

so.. in my book.. You are cool! :drinker: :glasses:
    I am sitting in my lab diabolically plotting the next "nasty" thing I am going to eat - muwahh hah hah! :smokin:

I had a latte & a donut. And used up almost all my carb allowance for the day.

I think I'm doing this wrong....
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You're officially my favorite person on here :love:

K, so calories & protein I shall worry about. Everything else can go scoot. I knew I was overthinking this. Thanks! :drinker:
    Just me saying...

I am just worrying about total calories for the day. The macros will work out. Some days I am ultra high carb... some days I am less than 100. I just keep an eye on getting enough protein.

I am sitting in my lab diabolically plotting the next "nasty" thing I am going to eat - muwahh hah hah! :smokin:

• Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @LadyKT - You gotta love the Devils!

This is riot challenge! However I am afraid we will all start thinking like that crazy "Mensa Donkey" :drinker: :laugh:

K, so calories & protein I shall worry about. Everything else can go scoot. I knew I was overthinking this. Thanks! :drinker:
    Just me saying...

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Just me saying...

fats and protein are important. carbs are irrelevant unless you have a medical condition that requires monitoring them.

step 1: determine your correct required macro intake
    step 2: eat a mix of foods to fulfill those macros
    step 3: any extra calories leftover (while still under your daily goal) are free for whatever you want
    step 4: don't fret too much about daily averages. if you're a little over or a little under one day, you can average it out over the next couple of days. this is why some people worry about their 7-day rolling averages more than their daily average.

i keep a separate spreadsheet that i fill out each day in conjunction with the MFP diaries so that i can instantly see my cumulative calories in, calories out, cardio calories, fats, and protein for the month, as well as the averages. i may post a screenshot of it here later today if anyone is interested. it's very easy to keep going on the side and it allows me to see the bigger picture as i'm completing each day.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options

fats and protein are important. carbs are irrelevant unless you have a medical condition that requires monitoring them.

step 3: any extra calories leftover (while still under your daily goal) are free for whatever you want
    step 4: don't fret too much about daily averages. if you're a little over or a little under one day, you can average it out over the next couple of days. this is why some people worry about their 7-day rolling averages more than their daily average.

^^^ This - Totally diggin your approach! :drinker:
  • LadyKT
    Options

i keep a separate spreadsheet that i fill out each day in conjunction with the MFP diaries so that i can instantly see my cumulative calories in, calories out, cardio calories, fats, and protein for the month, as well as the averages. i may post a screenshot of it here later today if anyone is interested. it's very easy to keep going on the side and it allows me to see the bigger picture as i'm completing each day.

I *think* I figured that all out...

TDEE for me (according to the Scooby site - that seems to be the most accurate[?]) is 1763, so TDEE-20% = 1410 (however, this is without exercise - once I'm feeling better and can attack the gym, i'll readjust those numbers, or eat up to TDEE, but TDEE sounds about right if I work out, but I know TDEE will change if I am working out - but if i'm active ~1750 cals sounds right for what I do)

Protein - per lb of LBM, so if i'm 30% BF (give or take), my protein works out to be 153*.7 = 107gms or 107*4=428 cals a day
    Fats - .35 per LBM, so 107*.65 = 69 gms or 69*9 =621 cals a day

Sooo....1410-428-621 = 361 cals, or 361/4 = ~90 grams of carbs per day.

That sounds about right, yes?
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

TDEE for me (according to the Scooby site - that seems to be the most accurate[?]) is 1763, so TDEE-20% = 1410 (however, this is without exercise - once I'm feeling better and can attack the gym, i'll readjust those numbers, or eat up to TDEE, but TDEE sounds about right if I work out, but I know TDEE will change if I am working out - but if i'm active ~1750 cals sounds right for what I do)

Protein - per lb of LBM, so if i'm 30% BF (give or take), my protein works out to be 153*.7 = 107gms or 107*4=428 cals a day

fats are per bodyweight, not LBM, so 54g for you.

153 x 0.35 = 54g
  • LadyKT
    Options

153 x 0.35 = 54g

I knew that number seemed off. My diary on here has it correct then.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

153 x 0.35 = 54g

I knew that number seemed off. My diary on here has it correct then.

here's a link about the importance of fats. i just skimmed it and it seems ok, but there may be one or two suggestions on there that i personally don't follow, so caveat emptor (even though it's free).

http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/health/az1126.html
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I also look at things from a weekly perspective, but have not documented it.I just glance at the weekly reports from here, but I should probably start writing it down properly. Looking at weeks instead of individual days allows even more flexibility in planning dinners out, movie nights and other special occasions. As for the fat, I am so glad that the fat free diet fads of the 90's seem to have mostly passed and that fat has been given its proper place again (not that there isn't some great low fat or fat free foods like yogurt that i still enjoy).But they just can't seems to make good fat free cheese and low fat margarine is pretty disgusting. I like using real butter again not feeling guilty. :drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    I like using real butter again not feeling guilty. :drinker:

^^^ This - Totally! :drinker:
  • LadyKT
    Options
    I like using real butter again not feeling guilty. :drinker:

^^^ This - Totally! :drinker:

Agreed! I try to stay away from anything listed 'low fat'. I don't trust the chemicals.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Speaking of non Low fat
    Mid Morning Snack and Lunch!

131002total_zpsceeb6bcc.jpg
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    This made me so sad.... it really made me sad because a year ago I would have enthusiastically joined up:

challengeMad_zps55ccb9f2.jpg

Here are some excerpts from posts - What A CONTRAST to this challenge:

Challenge accepted!
    Current: 158
    Nov. 1st: 150
    Changing my workouts from 4 days a week to 6
    No Iced coffee drinks or pizza.

What day is weigh in day?

Hi and welcome. I am also trying to drop 25 pounds and it would be great if it happened before Christmas. Started a competition at work to see who could lose the most weight. And this group will give me motivation at home to stick to the 1200 calorie diet. Im planning my meals the day before so I know exactly what Im eating

ok im going to try and do a 14 day cabala diet.... eek... its a serious commitment but im willing to b a guinea pig. 14 days

lose 8 pounds by november 1st.

Rules:

weekly weigh in
    and choose to exercise minimum of 4 times a week.
    Choose one thing in your diet that doesnt work for you and cut it out this month

Challenge accepted. I think it will work better for me if I verbalize my cut out items. I won't be eating any sweets ... Like cake cookies candy or pie . Seems Like a "duh" for losing weight but I think a month without those things at all will be challenging.

yes thats exactly my point. my first personal challenge is a big one... im ging to do the 14 day cabal juice fast ... its going to help me change some psychological stuff around food more than anything else. i ordered a colonic kit today to go with it...

I just joined a gym, and had 3 days in a row so far working out at least 20 minutes each day!! and as far as cutting out stuff, I will cut half my portions. does that count?

Challenge accepted !! DIETING is probably going to be the worse but I know I can do it! When will there be weigh ins? I just started going back to the gym today.. So officially I will start tmrw :)) I was gonna just work out 3 times a week but 4 is perfectly fine.
    & I will take out sodas & any sweet drinks

Oh no, giving up a food? ;) It's something I could definitely use. Man, this is hard though... I think that I'll give up sweets. No chocolate, no dessert, minimal sugar. I also should be watching my carbs.

I actually started my diet on Monday with a goal of losing 20-30 lbs by Christmas. I will accept challenge #1 - for me its no pepsi & junk food....also I'm committing to at least 30 mins a day to workout & I've got to drink more water. I HATE water, but I know it's importrant to loosing weight. I've gotten up to 5 glasses a day - which is saying alot for me.

Current weight- 182 lbs
    Goal for Nov 1st- 174 lbs
    Exercise- walk 40 minutes/5 days a week, WiiFit
    No fast food or ordering/eating out

Challenge accepted!

One thing I would like to cut out is my love of white rice. I will do brown, but cut that to only a couple times a week. I will be cooking home more regularly!

Here we go!!
  • LadyKT
    Options
    Oh my, Chevy. That thread sounds like a bunch of teenage girls. Sad indeed.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    yep!

sad.

misguided.

misinformed.

...but after a year on here, i've pretty much given up trying to help the derpers in the regular forums, so there's no chance i'd bother going into their private group to tell them there is another way. there are only so many 1200 calorie or raspberry ketone threads you can reply too before you become apathetic. i'm at that stage.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @LadyKT

What is even sadder most of the people older than that..... wow!
  • LadyKT
    Options
    @LadyKT

What is even sadder most of the people older than that..... wow!

No!!!!! The kool aid...it need not be drunk!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's quite the thread. I had to google cabala diet. No surprise there. It's juice fast to cleanse the TOXINZ! Complete with a colonic kit. :sick: And cutting out all chocolate, sweets, candy, cookies, pizza and ice cream. Sounds like the makings for a real happy Halloween and festive Thanksgiving. What a miserable way to spend the weeks and month preceding the holiday season. And what's sad is that with the Biggest Loser starting next week, it will get worse, because people with that same quick fix, torture yourself mentality are gonna be thinking that it's perfectly reasonably to expect to drop 10lbs a week. I do watch it occasionally, but I despise the premise and am highly annoyed that they spend zero time teaching the viewers or contestants anything about moderation or sustainability.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Speaking of non Low fat
    Mid Morning Snack and Lunch!

131002total_zpsceeb6bcc.jpg

Delicious!