JMBR start 9/30/13

Options

Replies

• hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do my last workout 7 today. I modify a lot of the pushup and plank moves. I pulled something in the front of my shoulder doing the workout 8 move where you lay on your back and hold your tush up and bring the weights up over your head and then down to your hips and back over your head. She said use heavy weights and it was too much and I'm trying to be careful not to injure it worse. I've lost 14 lbs, but am almost down two sizes.
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me so nervous! I've never made it past phase 1 but I am determined to finish all 3 phases this time!!
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Okay what the HELL is workout 7? SERIOUSLY!

Ugh- I am not a fan of workout 7. In fact, I am happy that I have only 2 more times of doing it because I really just hate it that much. Usually, I have a circuit I really like... but in 7, not really so much. Workout 8 isn't as bad. Circuit 3 aside, it is a lot more tolerable than 7.
  • hcobb33
    Options
    You guys are making me so nervous! I've never made it past phase 1 but I am determined to finish all 3 phases this time!!

They're really not that bad, as long as you modify according to your fitness level. Then, you can always work your way up. They're not easy, but it can be done.
  • Happytofu
    Happytofu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous!! You can modify the exercises, take your time, and use as light of weights as you like. You don't need to keep up with her pace either, so long as you try to work both sides equally. Also, you can always continue with a single phase until you feel comfortable with it. It's important to get into the habit of working out every day, and anything you can do to keep up with that is totally worth it and going to benefit you in the end.

I was pretty sure I was going to do W5 more than four times, but I'm already feeling so much better about it that I probably won't. Crow pushups come in W7 though? Ugh. I remember those from R30 and DID NOT LIKE. On the other hand, I can do real pushups now, which I couldn't then, so possibly I'll be able to make it through at least a few modified crows?? Either way, that's still a week away, thankfully. ~___~.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Workout 7 is definitely my most hated so far. Before that, it was workout 5. I'm predicting I will hate 9 worse than 7 though and will probably hate 11 the most. Those odd numbers just kill me!

You will hate workout 11. It is the worst one. I had the same problems with the odd numbers. For some reason I actually think I liked 9 better than 10 though but maybe I am not remember it accurately.
  • ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing so great!

I just did my first week after having to take two weeks off due to parvovirus joint pain and swelling. So far I have done:

Week One: Phase One, Week One
    Week Two: Phase One, Week Two
    Week Three: Phase One, Week Three
    Week Four and Five: Off due to illness
    Week Six: Phase One Mixup: W1,W2, Cardio (TurboJam), W3, W4 Cardio (TJ)

I will do Phase One, Week Four for my 7th week next week and see how I feel. I am still thinking I will need another week on Phase One to build my strength up for Phase 2. I just don't want to spend all the time on the carpet trying moves and not getting a good workout because I can't even attempt to complete them.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or is workout 8 strangely easy? Don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted and my whole body will be in serious pain tomorrow. But this is NOTHING compared to workout 7. I actually feel like I kept up with WO8 better than I did with WO6. The second and third circuits were tough for me but definitely doable. I found the first circuit ridiculously easy. Squat row? Seriously Jillian? We did in this in workout 4! The only thing that was really difficult in this entire workout was the warrior pose. It was also challenging getting a full deep ROM on all the lunge moves. But overall this one was surprisingly doable considering it's the last workout of phase 2. Also there was barely any ab work which was a bit disappointing because I really enjoyed the ab circuit in WO6.
  • ktno1
    Options

Congratulations! Workout 7 is definitely my most hated so far. Before that, it was workout 5. I'm predicting I will hate 9 worse than 7 though and will probably hate 11 the most. Those odd numbers just kill me!

You will hate workout 11. It is the worst one. I had the same problems with the odd numbers. For some reason I actually think I liked 9 better than 10 though but maybe I am not remember it accurately.

I figured as much haha I'll let you know when I'm up to 9 & 10 how I feel about them but I'm sure you're right in saying that I'll hate 11 the most.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Okay what the HELL is workout 7? SERIOUSLY!

Ugh- I am not a fan of workout 7. In fact, I am happy that I have only 2 more times of doing it because I really just hate it that much. Usually, I have a circuit I really like... but in 7, not really so much. Workout 8 isn't as bad. Circuit 3 aside, it is a lot more tolerable than 7.

I agree with this 100%. In most workouts I dislike there's always that one circuit that I can deal with pretty easily and get a second to breathe. In workout 7 it's ALL bad! And I agree that 8 isn't that bad. I think I actually kind of enjoyed it!
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've done it! I've finished phase 2, just logged my last phase 2 cardio! :bigsmile:
    Weigh in and measurements day tomorrow which I'm part anticipating because I've worked really hard, and part dreading in case I haven't lost as must as I hoped. Well I'll know soon enough.
  • Daisychain65
    Options
    I've done it! I've finished phase 2, just logged my last phase 2 cardio! :bigsmile:
    Weigh in and measurements day tomorrow which I'm part anticipating because I've worked really hard, and part dreading in case I haven't lost as must as I hoped. Well I'll know soon enough
  • ktno1
    Options
    Weigh in and measurements day tomorrow which I'm part anticipating because I've worked really hard, and part dreading in case I haven't lost as must as I hoped. Well I'll know soon enough.

Congratulations! That is absolutely amazing! It must be so exciting to only have one phase left to go. I can't wait to finish the next week and a half so I can be at the same point.

Keep us posted on your results - it's awesome seeing everyone's progress and I'm sure your hard work is paying off big time! :)
  • hcobb33
    Options
    Weigh in and measurements day tomorrow which I'm part anticipating because I've worked really hard, and part dreading in case I haven't lost as must as I hoped. Well I'll know soon enough

Way to go! Can't wait to get there next week (and be rid of Workout 7).
  • Happytofu
    Happytofu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me really dread W7! My last W5 is tomorrow and then the first W7 is Thursday.

Speaking of, my inner thighs are killing from W5 last night. I really got low into the sumos and it's haunting me now.

Now the bad: altogether, while I'm killing the workouts--including daily cardio--I can't seem to get my calories down. I've succeeded on low-calorie diets in the past but I haven't managed to really keep at it for more than a week since moving to Japan. Plus, winter's come and I've lost my weekday bike commutes and morning runs. (Too much snow and ice to be safe.)

I laugh whenever Jillian mentions "all the weight you've lost" because I've not lost any! I'm not gaining weight or overeating, but I can't seem to sustain the motivation to eat at a 500+ deficit. Any advice, guys? :/
  • Daisychain65
    Options
    Can we just imagine I've uttered every expletive under the sun in several languages (not that I speak any other languages but if I did I would have used them), :devil: I've just done my first WO9 and I haven't got the energy to type them. I can't say anymore on the subject because I'm trying to repress the memory and if I think about it I may not be able to persuade myself to repeat it in 3 days time.

On a brighter(ish) note I did my end of phase 2 weigh in this morning, I lost a disappointing 3.2lbs :sad:
    BUT................the measurements

upper chest- minus 1 inch
    Bust fullest- minus 2 inch
    midriff, below bottom of breast- minus 0.5 inch
    upper arm- same
    waist. - 1 inch
    upper hip- 1 inch
    lower hip- 1.25
    thighs- same
    calf- same

Pretty much an inch all over, not bad for 4 weeks.
  • ktno1
    Options
    You guys are making me really dread W7! My last W5 is tomorrow and then the first W7 is Thursday.

Speaking of, my inner thighs are killing from W5 last night. I really got low into the sumos and it's haunting me now.

Now the bad: altogether, while I'm killing the workouts--including daily cardio--I can't seem to get my calories down. I've succeeded on low-calorie diets in the past but I haven't managed to really keep at it for more than a week since moving to Japan. Plus, winter's come and I've lost my weekday bike commutes and morning runs. (Too much snow and ice to be safe.)

I laugh whenever Jillian mentions "all the weight you've lost" because I've not lost any! I'm not gaining weight or overeating, but I can't seem to sustain the motivation to eat at a 500+ deficit. Any advice, guys? :/

Eat more. If you're going over your calories all the time, give yourself a bigger allowance. It also helps me to eat small snacks through the day rather than 2 or 3 massive meals. Also vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables. They fill you up and have hardly any calories.
  • ktno1
    Options
    Can we just imagine I've uttered every expletive under the sun in several languages (not that I speak any other languages but if I did I would have used them), :devil: I've just done my first WO9 and I haven't got the energy to type them. I can't say anymore on the subject because I'm trying to repress the memory and if I think about it I may not be able to persuade myself to repeat it in 3 days time.

On a brighter(ish) note I did my end of phase 2 weigh in this morning, I lost a disappointing 3.2lbs :sad:
    BUT................the measurements

upper chest- minus 1 inch
    Bust fullest- minus 2 inch
    midriff, below bottom of breast- minus 0.5 inch
    upper arm- same
    waist. - 1 inch
    upper hip- 1 inch
    lower hip- 1.25
    thighs- same
    calf- same

Pretty much an inch all over, not bad for 4 weeks.

WO9 sounds absolutely awful and I'm going to pretend I didn't read any of that.

On the other hand, congratulations on your losses! You're making such good progress. Can't wait to post my end of phase 2 results soonish :)
  • Daisychain65
    Options

W7 is a *****cat.( I say this having done W9).........you'll be fine.

I couldn't stick to the 1200 calories set by Jillian, just because it's too low for me at the moment, I'd be completely miserable. I have a target of 1700 cals a day and while I'm no poster girl for weight loss, as you can see by the results I posted earlier, I have still lost 7lb in the first 2 phases and if I'm honest I've had a couple of heavy eating weekends in that time period.

If sticking to the lower calories doesn't work for you then up them to a level you can achieve. Surely it's better to aim to achieve a slower but regular and sustainable loss, and be happier doing it, than aim for more and not get there because you can't stick to it.

Have you measured? If you haven't do it now. This is where I've seen the biggest changes and in the end the main idea is to get smaller not lighter if that makes any sense.

You are doing a terrific job and have already got through phase 1, be proud of that achievement :happy

OMG I can't believe it wouldn't let me post P u s s y c a t
  • ktno1
    Options
    OMG I can't believe it wouldn't let me post P u s s y c a t

LOL I literally spent ten minutes trying to work out what that word was supposed to be and why on earth it was censored! Hahahaha so ridiculous!