SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

Also Since I am a points only challenger shall I just post points or does my other creds help the team? I don't wanna give the team leaders more to read than they need too!

Sharks we so got this! WE have been a force to be reckoned with every challenge I've been in and there is nothing different about that! Let's chomp chomp chomp our way to the top!!!

I will post my points this afternoon once I hear back on the other specs so I can do it all in one post :) Core and cardio reps are bit of a challenge for me but I am going to see if I can't find some I'm thinking a lot of Shadow Boxing and Kicks will be in place :) can't bounce a whole lot for Jumping jacks etc hehehehe!

Kristin - I sent your question to Sheri and this is her reply:

"And yes on the challenge for the points people. I do count them into the team totals - figuring they wanted to do the challenge as much as they could so I hope it pushes them to keep moving when they probably don't always feel like it (with good reason ;-)....but if they Can't complete a part of it, it doesn't go against them. Just with them...they should MODIFY MODIFY MODIFY As Needed!! Their workouts don't have to be brutal...for reps they can do whatever works for them - if possible work the body part we are working on - if not just replace it with other kinds of reps...for longer workouts - where I would not allow most to break it up in the day - they of course can if/when needed but still try and get as much in as they can.

IF you have one that won't do the challenge and will only do the points part - then let me know and I won't factor them into the team...but I would really like them to try...cuz it does help the team (AND THEM!)

Hope that helps flowerforyou"

So you and Kylie need to still be recording your reps and your workout times and calories burned. You won't get eliminated if you don't complete them, but since she counted you in our team numbers, we need anything you can give us :bigsmile:

I will send this by PM to you and Kylie too, to make sure you get it in time to post your stats for this week (in case you are not checking this page daily)! But if you don't want to be part of team numbers, let me know so I can tell Sheri for when she sets our targets for next week.

THANKS!
  • jaajh
    Options
    WEDNESDAY:

Workout: 40 minutes aerobics and 50 minutes Four Fast Miles = total of 90 minutes
    Calories burned: 746
    (Still have a 60 minute workout to get in, but have exceeded calorie goal, so any extra is for team now :bigsmile: )

Reps: none today (90 minutes or workout nearly killed me :laugh: )

Flexibility: 10 minutes done (getting used to this a bit more now!)
    (Still have one more lot of 10 minutes to go here.)

Sodium - 5
    Exercise - 10
    No computer after 9pm - done!
    15 minutes of organising - not done (thankfully only have to make 5/7 days, so this counts as one of my "off"days)
    Encouragement posted.
    Total daily points: 21

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE! (Mine only - thanks Mary :flowerforyou: )
  • jaajh
    Options

I did 30 in one go...so count that as a 30 w/o. That leaves me with a 30 and a 60 to go, right?

If you only did 30 minutes in one go on Monday and Tuesday, then I make it one 45 minutes to go. You got your 90 minutes in on Sunday, and 60 minutes on Wednesday. Let me know if I am wrong!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEEK 2:

WORKOUT -
    95 mins - Wii Zumba and Walk with the boy.

Calories Burned- 821

REPS: 200 (I'm not feeling very creative. I'll be doing the same circuit all week)
    50 Burpees
    50 Mountain Climbers
    100 Jumping Jacks

FLEXIBILITY
    15 mins

WEDNESDAY POINTS - 15 pts
    Water - 5 points
    Sodium - Didn't log all my food
    Workout minutes –10 points (That's the max, right?)
    bad habit CHECK (I took my Champix and will do so every day)
    good habit -FAIL
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My support/encouragement for today...
    Be thankful that you're not at a campground hours from home in the rain with EVERYTHING drenched! Shame on me for getting burnt out with routine...the same-old same-old is sounding pretty good about now! I think we are going to be heading home today instead of to another campground...
    So, just think what we can accomplish when we're warm and dry...
    Gosh, that didn't come off as supportive as I had intended!
    Well, I'm here for ya! How 'bout that?
    :grumble: :flowerforyou:
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEEK 2:

WORKOUT -
    45 Minutes on Elliptical

Calories Burned- 345

REPS: 0...Really not wanting to do these this week.

FLEXIBILITY
    10 minutes

Wednesday POINTS
    Water - 5 points
    Sodium - 0 points
    Workout minutes – 5 points
    bad habit CHECK
    good habit Not today

I forget what the rule is on modifying our bad habit, but I wanted to add a day goal to it, 4/7 days of the week if that is okay.

Also, the sharks are rocking this. I love seeing us get closer and closer to our team goal. I promise that I will kill it in the rep department today and tomorrow morning.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I-Can-Do-It-1.gif

Love this Kristie - thank you :smile:

My stats for Thursday - week 2

(Will add points later)

Wednesday week 2

#1 WORKOUT – 50 mins (6.32 km run/walk interval training) / 331 cals (all required workouts & calorie burns achieved.).

#2 REPS – (rep requirement met but ...)
    100 core reps: press-ups x25,crunches x25, bicycle crunch x25, back extensions x25
    Total: 100

#3 FLEXIBILITY – 10 mins done

#4 Points: .... for my own record.
    #1 Water - 20 / 35 pts (M (Y)- T (Y)- W(Y) -Th (Y)- Fri- S- Su )
    #2 Sodium - 20 /35 pts (M (Y)-T(Y)- W (Y)- Th (Y) - Fri- S- Su )
    #3 Workout - 30 / 60 pts (M- T- W- Th- Fri- S- Su )
    #4 Bad Habit: --/25 pts (M-(Yes)T-(Yes) W-(Yes) Th (Yes)- Fri- S- Su )
    #5 Good Habit: --/25 pts (M-(Yes)T-(Yes) W-(Yes) Th (?) - Fri- S- Su )
    #6 Team Talk: 3 / 7 pts (M-(Yes)T- (No)W- (Yes)Th- (Yes)Fri- S- Su )
    #7 Smack Talk: - 5 / 5 pts (Yes - wolverines/dolphins)
    Total 78 so far

Keep going Sharks you are doing brilliantly.

:smile: Kate - could you please check spreadsheet to confirm that we have recorded everything correctly for you. Thanks.:smile:

Just edited my points.
  • fang19423
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEEK 2:

I forget what the rule is on modifying our bad habit, but I wanted to add a day goal to it, 4/7 days of the week if that is okay.

Also, the sharks are rocking this. I love seeing us get closer and closer to our team goal. I promise that I will kill it in the rep department today and tomorrow morning.

Mango , you get once chance to change it this week otherwise it will cost you points so I have changed your bad habit to 4/7 days - hope that is what you wanted.
    My support/encouragement for today...
    Be thankful that you're not at a campground hours from home in the rain with EVERYTHING drenched! Shame on me for getting burnt out with routine...the same-old same-old is sounding pretty good about now! I think we are going to be heading home today instead of to another campground...
    So, just think what we can accomplish when we're warm and dry...
    Gosh, that didn't come off as supportive as I had intended!
    Well, I'm here for ya! How 'bout that?
    :grumble: :flowerforyou:

Pam, sorry you have been drowning in the rain (even if you are a shark) Hope your weekend is better at home :flowerforyou:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • fang19423
    Options
    Sharks : Don't forget tomorrow is weigh in day ... you can put it on our weigh-in thread by 10PST. I'm responsible for getting them in on time tomorrow.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Also have any last minute workout stats on this thread by 10PST, or they just won't count :sad: :sad:

Well done this week sharks - you have the other teams quivering :laugh: :laugh:
  • jaajh
    Options
    I forgot to post my encouragement for today, so since I want to get it in in time here it is:

SHARKS ARE SIMPLY THE BEST TEAM AROUND! Let's get those calorie burns and reps in by 10 am tomorrow and ROCK that team goal!

The end of the week is in sight :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • jaajh
    Options
    THURSDAY:

No workout: At least not one that counts for challenge - did 30 minutes, but all reps (see below)
    Still need to get my 60 minutes in - will get up early tomorrow :bigsmile:

REPS:

30 minutes of reps as follows:

Jumping jacks: 50 x 2
    High knees: 50 x 2
    butt kicks: 50 x 2
    Sit-ups: 25 x 2
    Double crunches: 25 x 2
    Pike crunches: 25 x 2
    Reverse curls: 25 x 2

Total: 500 reps

Flexibility: Did my final 10 minutes!

Points: will post tomorrow as day not over and I still have to make sure I turn this computer off in time and get my good habit in!

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1588r5l.jpg

Couldn't resist this pic!

Water dwellers look out!!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, we made it home...now I have about a billion loads of laundry to do (need a way to count that as cardio!!! lol)

Here's how this week looks so far...it's not too pretty...

Monday:
    workout 105 minutes (75 hiking; 30 walking)...510 calories
    no reps
    stretch 10 minutes

Tuesday:
    workout 150 minutes hiking...MFP says 836 calories (I say 'impossible,' but...)
    no reps
    stretch 10 minutes

Wednesday:
    workout 75 minutes walking...230 calories
    reps 250...combo of cardio and core
    stretch 10 minutes

I put my stuff (as of now) into the chart...

I'm not feeling too good about tomorrow's weigh-in; this camping trip (along with my not-so-great food choices) has really thrown off my digestion... :(
    But I'm feeling positive about the rest of my SHARK buddies - LET'S GO SHARKS!!!
    Now my support is - Tomorrow is a new day...let's make it count!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Well, here are the stats for Wed. and Thurs. - I did some smack talk on the Dolphins Team page just now (tee hee!)

WEDNESDAY WEEK 2:
    WORKOUT: 30 minutes stationary bike = 30 minute workout
    231 calories
    REPS: 100 high knees + 50 mountain climbers = 150 reps
    FLEXIBILITY: 10 min

WEDNESDAY POINTS:
    Water - 5 points

THURSDAY WEEK 2
    WORKOUT: 30 minutes stationary bike + 15 minutes elliptical = 45 min workout
    232 calories + 149 calories = 381 calories
    REPS: 75 crunches = 75
    FLEXIBILITY: 0 min

THURSDAY POINTS:
    Water - 5 points
    Smack talk (on Dolphins page) – 5 points
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Okay I know we've all been smack talking all over the place, and believe me it will start up again next week, but for now, and because I have so many friends on the Sharks ......

6a99b966b5ca3671f9230f14ef39976b_zps0e4a3198.jpg
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Haha I copied this pic to my desktop, went to imgur.com, down loaded it to imgur, copied the addy, and came here to post to MY shark sisters, and ...... it was already said and done!!! Here it is again...

6a99b966b5ca3671f9230f14ef39976b_zps0e4a3198.jpg

Edited to add:

FFUKmbt.png
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :heart: WORKOUT
    THURSDAY 94 minutes walking 574 calories
    :bigsmile: REPS
    THURSDAY 0 ouchy
    :glasses: FLEXIBILITY
    THURSDAY10+ minutesTHURSDAYPOINTS
    :drinker: Water - 101.4 oz/12 glasses .........................5 points
    :explode: Sodium - 1645...........................................5 points
    :love: Workout minutes – beyond the 2- 30 minute workouts......10 points
    :grumble: bad habit CHECK
    :flowerforyou: good habit CHECK
    :laugh: happy post CHECK .........1 point

Come on weight loss!!!!!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Week 2
    Thursday

1. 90 min Zumba and Dance Central, 744 cals
    2. 150 reps- 100 jumping jacks, 25 each flutter kicks and crunches
    3. 10 min stretching
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    scales.gif
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Sorry my stuffs not up yet having computer issues will update before 10pst tomorrow some how some way!!!