SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My positive comment for the day is:

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great :flowerforyou:

Go sharks go.
  • fang19423
    Options
    Sunday – Week 2
    Nothing, nada … big fat zero!

Monday week 2
    #1 WORKOUT – 63 mins (48 walk away the pounds with LS & 15 mins circuit training (separate to reps)) / 528 cals (30/45/90 w/o to go & 772 cals to go).

#2 REPS – 225 core reps & 350 cardio reps including j/jacks, high knees, bum kicks, j/rope, shadow boxing punch each side, press ups, ab crunches, reverse crunche, twist crunces, side bend with towel) Total 575 crunches (rep requirement met).

#3 FLEXIBILITY – 10 mins done …. I am really enjoying this part of the challenge.

#4 Points:
    Water – 5 pts, Sodium < 2500 mg – 5 pts, w/o mins (60) – 10 pts, good habit - yes (will tot up pts at end of week), Bad habit – yes (will tot up pts at end of week), Pos comment on shark page – 1 pt, Smack chat – not done yet. Total 21 pts.

:wink:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE.
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The Sharks RULEEEE!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    LET'S DO THIS!!
    spongebob-underwear_zps9c53a3a3.gif
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    OK wonderful Sharks! We can totally ROCK this week! You all did great last week, and I just know that this week is going to be even better.

The reason we have so many other teams posting "Smack talk" on our page is because they KNOW we are the team to be afraid of :laugh:

Thanks to Mary for posting the points challenge. One "alteration" though: I asked about the #4 and #5 part - it seems that we get 25 points for a COMPLETE satisfaction of these parts, NOTHING if we only complete in part, but that the -10 points is if we complete no part of them. At least that is how I read Kelly's answer on that page. Maybe we should PM Sheri to check?

And on that note, I too thought that the habits were for the 5 days of the normal challenge, so I want to amend my habits to 5 out of the 7 days! (Although I will try for all 7 - just can't guarantee that it will work on my "days off" and don't want to set myself up for failure :-)
  • jaajh
    Options
    My stats for Week 2 so far:

SUNDAY:

Was in the village all day, so didn't get a lot in! I DID manage a 40 minutes leisurely walk around the village though - not a great speed, but it was VERY hot, so lots of sweat :laugh:

Workout: 40 minutes
    Calories burned: 161

Reps: none

Flexibility: none

MONDAY:

#1 WORKOUT – 30 minutes circuit training. 322 cals
    (45, 60 and 90 w/o to go).

#2 REPS
    150 reps in total
    Cardio - 100 jumping jacks (2 lots of 50)
    Core - 50 sit-ups (2 lots of 25)
    (250 still to go!)

#3 FLEXIBILITY
    10 mins done …. unlike Mary, I am not enjoying this part of the challenge. I find it hard to keep stretching for 10 minutes! What do you guys do for all that time? Please help me out with ideas here!

#4 Points:
    I too want to keep track as I go along. I will add up at the end of the week too.
    Water – 5 pts, Sodium < 2500 mg – 5 pts, w/o mins (30) – 5 pts, good habit - yes (did my 15 minutes clearing a kitchen cupboard), Bad habit – yes (will turn off computer as soon as this is posted! And it is now only 8.25pm, so that WILL be before 9!) - so far so good on those! Positive comment on shark page – 1 pt, Smack chat – not done yet. Total 16 pts.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! ...Internet at a campground? Awesome!
    Today, I have 105 minutes for a workout...combination of walking and hiking! no reps, 10 minutes of stretching...
    I will have to tally up my points and report on that tomorrow...
    And if my writing is ridiculous, I am having a hard time with my son's mini iPad!

I can't believe all the comments we're getting from other teams...we definitely have 'em scared!
    We are the BEST!
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :heart: WORKOUT
    MONDAY 30 minute slow walk 140 calories, 30 minute quicker walk 184 calories...
    :bigsmile: REPS
    MONDAY 0
    :glasses: FLEXIBILITY
    MONDAY 10 minutes (plus working on the nose to knee flexy)

MONDAY POINTS
    :drinker: Water - 104 oz/13 glasses .........................5 points
    :explode: Sodium - 1178 ...........................................5 points
    :love: Workout minutes – 2- 30 minute workouts......10 points
    :grumble: bad habit CHECK
    :flowerforyou: good habit CHECK
    :laugh: happy post CHECK (as soon as I post this...).........1 point
    :tongue: smack talk CHECK (as soon as I post my happy post...)............5 points
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    TVi3lr9.png

Remember.....there is NO gecko week, NO tiger week, NO wolverine week, NO dolphins week....

BUT EVERY WEEK IS SHARK WEEK!!!!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    ea6869c27a352aa6d8d692a2234cc245_zps79b89a1c.jpg

The Wolverines have cancelled Shark Week! :)
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    sharkfin.jpg

YUM! Tastes great and low calorie! Go Wolverines!!!
  • jaajh
    Options
    OK wonderful Sharks! We can totally ROCK this week! You all did great last week, and I just know that this week is going to be even better.

The reason we have so many other teams posting "Smack talk" on our page is because they KNOW we are the team to be afraid of :laugh:

Thanks to Mary for posting the points challenge. One "alteration" though: I asked about the #4 and #5 part - it seems that we get 25 points for a COMPLETE satisfaction of these parts, NOTHING if we only complete in part, but that the -10 points is if we complete no part of them. At least that is how I read Kelly's answer on that page. Maybe we should PM Sheri to check?

And on that note, I too thought that the habits were for the 5 days of the normal challenge, so I want to amend my habits to 5 out of the 7 days! (Although I will try for all 7 - just can't guarantee that it will work on my "days off" and don't want to set myself up for failure :-)

OK - I was wrong and Mary was right - having to admit that is good for me :laugh:

This is what Sheri has posted on the points challenge about # 4 and # 5:

"As for #4 & #5 - I ALSO...made this count for all 7 days because many of you allotted time for something 4 days a week (or 5 or 6) and I KNOW on certain Hardcore Challenge days that might be Impossible for some timewise- so having challenge "off" days to complete part of your "goals" may prove quite helpful for many!

And YES You Do have to Complete YOUR ENTIRE #4 to get 25 pts AND your ENTIRE #5 for those 25 pts - But IF you miss your mark you do DEDUCT 10 pts from your total instead of getting the 25! (hoping that didn't sound more confusing)

As I Said...You do get 1 Chance to Change yours if you feel you need to...without losing the 25 pts for changing - (you still lose your 10 if you didn't complete the week though (sorry!) BUT this is a chance for a change if you find this can't work for you! DO NOT MAKE THIS EASY to get your points!! IT SHOULD BE A CHALLENGE and hopefully something you will be Really Proud of Completing By Then End!! Keep That In Mind When You're Struggling!!

AND Don't Freak Out If You Have a Bad Week and have to deduct points!! I would be VERY Surprised If Everyone didn't have at Least 1 or 2 weeks where it just wasn't possible for whatever reason! So we are all on a pretty level playing field! We ALL Have Lives And Cannot DO EVERTHING!!! Just Do Your Best!!! Thats All I'm Asking And All You Can Ask Of Yourselves!! PUSH Yourself!! But Don't Kill Yourself with this!!!! heart"

So it is either that you do your habit/hobby challenges 100% and gain 25 points, or you don't make it (whether not at all or just miss it) and you lose 10 points! Well, that certainly pushes us!

And yes, we seem to have got other teams a little scared :happy: :love: :love:

Have a fabulous day Shark Pals. You are all THE ABSOLUTE BEST! I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: this team :bigsmile:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Hi y'all! ...Internet at a campground? Awesome!
    Today, I have 105 minutes for a workout...combination of walking and hiking! no reps, 10 minutes of stretching...
    I will have to tally up my points and report on that tomorrow...
    And if my writing is ridiculous, I am having a hard time with my son's mini iPad!

I can't believe all the comments we're getting from other teams...we definitely have 'em scared!
    We are the BEST!

So glad you are connected :happy: Thanks for that post - just one question: How many calories did that amazing workout burn? Let me know and I'll add them to the chart.

Enjoy your break!
  • jaajh
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh
    Options

I didn't know if we were starting a Week 2 sheet so I started here.

Week 2 - Sunday

90 minute workout (30 minute swim, 30 minute dog walk, 30 minute yoga - it was all consecutive): 477 calories
    0 reps - to be honest I'm probably not going to do these... If I can get any workout in I am happy!
    10 mins flexibility done

My news this week is my blood tests confirmed I'm a little further along then I thought (maybe a week) but have to wait for my dating scan in three weeks. I'm so excited for it!

Just to clarify: We decided NOT to start a separate page for each week as it would get too confusing for other teams (and fill up all the Elim challenge page!) This is especially important now that other teams are posting on our page - makes it easier and clearer for everyone. So, we will keep posting all our stats and communications here (the leaders will just keep track of where we are with posting), but we will keep the separate page for weigh ins so that we don't lose any of that information which always needs to be posted as quickly as possible on a Friday morning. The weigh in page has "week 1"in the title, but in fact we will use the same weigh in page each week - just make sure you put "week 2 - weigh in: .... " this Friday! I will see if we can edit the title at all.

Hope that all makes sense! Ask if you have any questions.

And Kylie - let us know when you have a date! We are excited for you too!
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I might not be very good at smack talk, BUT I'm a DOLPHIN so I know I'm good at something.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    So long & thanks for all the fish.....
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY WEEK 2:

WORKOUT
    30 minute Just Dance for Wii
    Calories Burned: 303

REPS 0

FLEXIBILITY

MONDAY WEEK 2:

WORKOUT -
    65 mins vigorous cleaning @ my part-time job (seriously, I can't move my arms and my abs hurt)

Calories Burned- 425

REPS: 200
    50 Burpees
    50 Mountain Climbers
    100 Jumping Jacks

FLEXIBILITY
    10 minutes

MONDAY POINTS
    Water - 5 points
    Sodium -Don't Know
    Workout minutes –10 points
    bad habit CHECK (started taking my Champix again in my countdown to quit day)
    good habit CHECK
  • fang19423
    Options
    Sharks you are just doing fantastic .... and Ali, you make me smile. And the other teams are definitely quivering because the sharks are about :laugh:

Tuesday week 2

#1 WORKOUT – 95 mins (80 mins walking 8.02km & 15 mins circuit training) / 603 cals (30/45 w/o to go & 169 cals to go).

#2 REPS – no reps today (rep requirement met).

#3 FLEXIBILITY – 10 mins done …. I am still enjoying this part of the challenge.

#4 Points:
    Water – 5 pts, Sodium < 2500 mg – 5 pts, w/o mins (60) – 10 pts, good habit - yes - ironing done (will tot up pts at end of week), Bad habit – yes - tv never even went on this eveining(will tot up pts at end of week), Pos comment on shark page – 0 pt, Smack chat – not done yet. Total 20 pts. (Plus Mon pts 21 = Total 41 pts)

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Howdy sorry it's been a day or two I have been busy busy busy this weekend!

So I need to specify my bad habit change. Maybe I will change it to Limit "treat foods" to 300 calories per day as right now they are much over 600! :( Will that fit the criteria!

Also Since I am a points only challenger shall I just post points or does my other creds help the team? I don't wanna give the team leaders more to read than they need too!

Sharks we so got this! WE have been a force to be reckoned with every challenge I've been in and there is nothing different about that! Let's chomp chomp chomp our way to the top!!!

I will post my points this afternoon once I hear back on the other specs so I can do it all in one post :) Core and cardio reps are bit of a challenge for me but I am going to see if I can't find some I'm thinking a lot of Shadow Boxing and Kicks will be in place :) can't bounce a whole lot for Jumping jacks etc hehehehe!

Hope every one is having a wonderful day! :flowerforyou: