Core:

Happy Tuesday wolverines:

Carpe diem - seize the day!!
    And trust the process of life :)

You are worthy!
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

If you hit a brick wall... aim higher and jump over it... happy Tuesday!!!!

We're still a few points totals from last week missing, can you post when ever possible, thx and double check that we have them in correct, here's what we have

Artemis726 171
    * dianerml
    * gmoneylemus
    lobstergirl 127
    love975 177
    mailaig 192
    * MidwestGirlz
    tema47
    * twinmom_112002 169
    usernamekelly1 192
    zzzzia 123 **

** Izzie, I change your points as we don't get 15 for the habits if you don't complete, it's -10 points.
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey Lovebugs!!!!!

Today is Talkative Tuesday!!!!! Tell us why you decided to make this lifestyle change.

For me diabetes and cancer runs in my family. I was also tired of looking in the mirror and not liking what I see. I never had problems with my weight before, I actually remember people telling me you are to skinny but after baby #2 that went out the window, I started hearing your such a pretty woman but you can stand to lose a few pounds, that didn't bother me cause I still wasn't ready. After losing some personal baggage in my life I felt it was time to change. So I am here focused and determined to get to goal. GO WOLVERINES!!!

"Don't let yesterday's pain, prevent you from seeking tomorrow's Victory"

Have a great day Wolverines :flowerforyou:
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Monday

Bad Habit: --/25pts
    Good Habit: --/25pts
    Water - 128oz:5/35pts
    Sodium - 1985mg:5/35pts
    60min W/Os: 5/60pts
    Team Talk: 1/7pts
    Smack Talk: 5/5pts

Cummulative Points: 21

Monday's Workout:
    WO - 47 minutes (date walk with hubby)
    cals - 282
    Reps 250
    flex - 14 mins

** do flexibility / rep. minutes count in points for the 60 minutes of work-out? Don't know why I can't get all this through my skull.

As to why I started to get in shape...my hubby rides off road motocross and was invited to do the Rip to the Tip. This is a filmed and televised off road adventure from the border of CA to Cabo San Lucas (past videos are on youtube). The wives fly down and meet the husbands at the end. I knew I was going to be around trophy wives and professional athlete's wives and I wanted to be in shape so I wouldn't look like the frumpy housewife. That was 4 years ago. Hubby has done the ride every year since and I have counted calories and run. Found I am happier when I run.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    running-inspiration-13.jpg
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Why I am on this journey. :smile:

I grew up with a passive/aggressive narcissistic mother who tried to live vicariously through me. I was expected to be perfect in every way, the best at whatever I did, the top of the class, etc. Eventually the pressure made me try to find something I could control, and unfortunately that was a monster eating disorder that I had for well over a decade. Some of my bad habits were easy to pick up, because I saw my mother doing these things all the time. She was a yo-yo dieter who alternated feast with extreme famine and misused diet pills and laxatives. :frown: Other ones, like smoking, were picked up on my own to try to keep my weight down.

I quit my ED (and smoking) when we found out were were expecting baby #1, but my metabolism was so wrecked that I gained 90lbs during that pregnancy eating relatively normally. I was desperate to lose that weight, and lost 60lbs in 3 months by returning to my old ways after she was born. I was miserable, and would gain weight if I ate more than 500 calories a day. When we decided to try for baby #2, I started eating healthy, and gained 60lbs. After our first son was born I realized I had to make a permanent change and repair my body. I overcame the impulses to go back to my ED (which I couldn't have done without my amazing husband's support). Unfortunately, my body is an 'easy keeper', and was very happy to hover in the slightly overweight range, and I didn't want to trigger my ED in anyway, so I let myself go.

After our 4th child was about three years old, I decided to get more serious about being healthy. I was completely recovered from my ED, and felt confident that taking more of a control of things wouldn't get out of hand for me. More importantly, I wanted to be a positive role model to our children, especially my daughters. I wanted healthy living to just be a part of family life, and did not want them to judge their self-worth based on their appearance. I lost over 20lbs and met my goal, and maintained for about a year before getting pregnant with #5. I delivered Miss Delilah in April. :heart:

So despite abusing the heck out of myself, this amazing body carried and delivered 5 beautiful children to us, and I want to treat it well and continue to be a positive role model. So I am working on losing the extra 20lbs or so I still have from this last pregnancy while getting fit again. :flowerforyou:

Sorry so long!
  • love9705
    Options
    Monday

Bad Habit: --/25pts
    Good Habit: --/25pts
    Water - 128oz:5/35pts
    Sodium - 1985mg:5/35pts
    60min W/Os: 5/60pts
    Team Talk: 1/7pts
    Smack Talk: 5/5pts

Cummulative Points: 21

Monday's Workout:
    WO - 47 minutes (date walk with hubby)
    cals - 282
    Reps 250
    flex - 14 mins

** do flexibility / rep. minutes count in points for the 60 minutes of work-out? Don't know why I can't get all this through my skull.

As to why I started to get in shape...my hubby rides off road motocross and was invited to do the Rip to the Tip. This is a filmed and televised off road adventure from the border of CA to Cabo San Lucas (past videos are on youtube). The wives fly down and meet the husbands at the end. I knew I was going to be around trophy wives and professional athlete's wives and I wanted to be in shape so I wouldn't look like the frumpy housewife. That was 4 years ago. Hubby has done the ride every year since and I have counted calories and run. Found I am happier when I run.

That is awesome and I love the date walk that was so cute :love:
  • love9705
    Options
    Why I am on this journey. :smile:

I grew up with a passive/aggressive narcissistic mother who tried to live vicariously through me. I was expected to be perfect in every way, the best at whatever I did, the top of the class, etc. Eventually the pressure made me try to find something I could control, and unfortunately that was a monster eating disorder that I had for well over a decade. Some of my bad habits were easy to pick up, because I saw my mother doing these things all the time. She was a yo-yo dieter who alternated feast with extreme famine and misused diet pills and laxatives. :frown: Other ones, like smoking, were picked up on my own to try to keep my weight down.

I quit my ED (and smoking) when we found out were were expecting baby #1, but my metabolism was so wrecked that I gained 90lbs during that pregnancy eating relatively normally. I was desperate to lose that weight, and lost 60lbs in 3 months by returning to my old ways after she was born. I was miserable, and would gain weight if I ate more than 500 calories a day. When we decided to try for baby #2, I started eating healthy, and gained 60lbs. After our first son was born I realized I had to make a permanent change and repair my body. I overcame the impulses to go back to my ED (which I couldn't have done without my amazing husband's support). Unfortunately, my body is an 'easy keeper', and was very happy to hover in the slightly overweight range, and I didn't want to trigger my ED in anyway, so I let myself go.

After our 4th child was about three years old, I decided to get more serious about being healthy. I was completely recovered from my ED, and felt confident that taking more of a control of things wouldn't get out of hand for me. More importantly, I wanted to be a positive role model to our children, especially my daughters. I wanted healthy living to just be a part of family life, and did not want them to judge their self-worth based on their appearance. I lost over 20lbs and met my goal, and maintained for about a year before getting pregnant with #5. I delivered Miss Delilah in April. :heart:

So despite abusing the heck out of myself, this amazing body carried and delivered 5 beautiful children to us, and I want to treat it well and continue to be a positive role model. So I am working on losing the extra 20lbs or so I still have from this last pregnancy while getting fit again. :flowerforyou:

Sorry so long!

Not long at all and thanks so much for sharing your story. It's main not mean much but I am sooooo proud of you for overcoming your ED and quitting smoking. Congrats on your beautiful Angels. You are strong courageous and I am positive you will get to goal. KUDOS TO YOU!!!!!
  • twinmom_112002
    Options
    Artemis...what an amazing journey you have been on. I know its probably a struggle every day but you are strong!

Love...The journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step. Oh yeah, it continues step by step by step. Keeping putting your foot forward!
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    @ Twinmom - this is the only things we can double dip on :) You can use your reps / workout / stretching time for the points part but they have to be done in for 30 mins straight to count.
  • usernamekelly1
    Options

@ Love – I love your reason and your positive quote, I think you hit the nail on the head – we have to be ready ourselves to make changes.

@ Twinmom – That's awesome for your hubby to be invited and for you as a motivation, yes I love to run – it's cheaper than therapy :)

@ Dar – I don't think I can put into words how much I loved ready your journey... I love that you have conquered your ED and the best part is you get to share the rest of your healthy life with you five children x

I'll keep my brief as past wolverines know mine – My mam passed away when she was 58, I discovered that I ate and drank my grief away.. a year later and 2 stone heavier and the most I'd ever weighed including both pregnancies... I gave my head a shake and signed up for Sheri's second challenge, which I won – I spent the summer on cloud 9 but it was coming up to what would have been my mams 60th (last Sept) and I was doing p90x / insanity at the time – so decided to go on a cycling ride to get out of the house so I didn't dwell... ended with me fracturing my sternum as I cycled into a safety fence... spent 3 weeks flat out and more eating and gaining.. it took longer than expected for it to heel by then my diet was a mess and I just couldn't seem to get back into making healthier choices... I signed up for my first half as it was something we said we'd do in my mams memory but my appetite increased as the scales went up (7lbs over the course of the training)... my enough was enough was seeing the pics from the day. I was heavier than the start of my first challenge, although still less than my heaviest but only by 0.8lbs... I realised that the camera never lies and I needed to stop... the half was just over 5 weeks ago... although my time was 2.15.14, so not to shabby I know I could of run it faster and same with my trail on Sunday... I'll be doing both races next year.. so I have times & race positions to beat in both!
  • love9705
    Options

@ Love – I love your reason and your positive quote, I think you hit the nail on the head – we have to be ready ourselves to make changes.

@ Twinmom – That's awesome for your hubby to be invited and for you as a motivation, yes I love to run – it's cheaper than therapy :)

@ Dar – I don't think I can put into words how much I loved ready your journey... I love that you have conquered your ED and the best part is you get to share the rest of your healthy life with you five children x

I'll keep my brief as past wolverines know mine – My mam passed away when she was 58, I discovered that I ate and drank my grief away.. a year later and 2 stone heavier and the most I'd ever weighed including both pregnancies... I gave my head a shake and signed up for Sheri's second challenge, which I won – I spent the summer on cloud 9 but it was coming up to what would have been my mams 60th (last Sept) and I was doing p90x / insanity at the time – so decided to go on a cycling ride to get out of the house so I didn't dwell... ended with me fracturing my sternum as I cycled into a safety fence... spent 3 weeks flat out and more eating and gaining.. it took longer than expected for it to heel by then my diet was a mess and I just couldn't seem to get back into making healthier choices... I signed up for my first half as it was something we said we'd do in my mams memory but my appetite increased as the scales went up (7lbs over the course of the training)... my enough was enough was seeing the pics from the day. I was heavier than the start of my first challenge, although still less than my heaviest but only by 0.8lbs... I realised that the camera never lies and I needed to stop... the half was just over 5 weeks ago... although my time was 2.15.14, so not to shabby I know I could of run it faster and same with my trail on Sunday... I'll be doing both races next year.. so I have times & race positions to beat in both!

Kelly thanks so much for sharing. Losing a love is always so hard let alone a parent. I am blessed to still have both of my parents with me. I admire your will and determination to make the necessary changes in your life and I have all faith that you will beat your time next year cause you are a ROCKSTAR!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lobstergirl
    lobstergirl Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    JOURNEY: (short and sweet)

Recovering ED sufferer
    Ex Personal Trainer
    Recent Miscarriage

In need of focus - get body healthy - and hopefully ill eventually be blessed with a wee little babber :)
  • twinmom_112002
    Options
    Kelly...so sorry for your loss.

lobster...sorry for your loss as well!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    5694937bbd7466819ec2671571dc786f_zps99380d50.jpg
  • weefreemen
    Options
    Wow, ladies, what can I say what amazing stories you all have, and what terrific obstacles you have overcome. It is a testament to your determination and strength, You are all inspiring...

As for me, not sure where to start, much the same as Kelly, I lost my Dad a few years ago and the spiral started... My husband is also a kidney transplant patient (16 years strong), I donated his kidney so it is something we give thanks for every day. I also have fibromyalgia, asthma and a few other things.. :( I had a knee replacement early this year and had back surgery a few months ago as well. Despite all this I have managed to win two of Sheri's challenges, sometimes by the skin of my teeth, but it is a huge motivational tool for me and I've made some awesome friends here. I truly believe we can all do whatever we set our minds to, and never, ever give up..

xo ;)
  • weefreemen
    Options
    October 21st (Monday)

Workout: 123
    Calories Burned: 484
    Reps: 400
    Stretching: 2x7= 14

Reps all core and cardio

counter push ups, standing calf raises and side kicks with cuffs

Points Tracking:

#1 Water 5/35 pts (M/10)
    #2 Sodium 5/35 pts (M/2445)
    #3 Workout 10/60 pts (M)
    #4 Bad Habit 25 pts (1/7 days)
    #5 Good Habit 25 pts (0/4 days)
    #6 Team Talk 1/7 pts (M
    #7 Smack Talk 5/5 Sharks on Monday!
    #8 Low salt snack 10/10 posted on Sunday

Cumulative: 36/

Goal posted on main page and recipe posted on Sunday

October 22nd (Tuesday)

Workout: 45
    Calories Burned: 174
    Reps: 400
    Stretching: 2x7= 14

Reps: all requirements for week met (these were LB & UB)

Points Tracking:

#1 Water 10/35 pts (M/10/T/13)
    #2 Sodium 10/35 pts (M/2445, T/1233)
    #3 Workout 20/60 pts (M, T)
    #4 Bad Habit 25 pts (2/7 days)
    #5 Good Habit 25 pts (1/4 days)
    #6 Team Talk 2/7 pts (M, T)
    #7 Smack Talk 5/5 Sharks on Monday!
    #8 Low salt snack 10/10 posted on Sunday

Cumulative: 36/57/

Logged... :)
  • love9705
    Options
    JOURNEY: (short and sweet)

Recovering ED sufferer
    Ex Personal Trainer
    Recent Miscarriage

In need of focus - get body healthy - and hopefully ill eventually be blessed with a wee little babber :)

Kudos to you Lobstergirl for overcoming your ED and I am sure you will have a lil bum bum running around in the future!!
  • love9705
    Options
    Wow, ladies, what can I say what amazing stories you all have, and what terrific obstacles you have overcome. It is a testament to your determination and strength, You are all inspiring...

As for me, not sure where to start, much the same as Kelly, I lost my Dad a few years ago and the spiral started... My husband is also a kidney transplant patient (16 years strong), I donated his kidney so it is something we give thanks for every day. I also have fibromyalgia, asthma and a few other things.. :( I had a knee replacement early this year and had back surgery a few months ago as well. Despite all this I have managed to win two of Sheri's challenges, sometimes by the skin of my teeth, but it is a huge motivational tool for me and I've made some awesome friends here. I truly believe we can all do whatever we set our minds to, and never, ever give up..

xo ;)

Mailaig you are awesome and truly a Rockstar.You have had many obstacles in your life and have overcome them. You are right and have proven what you said. You can do whatever you set your mind too.
  • lobstergirl
    lobstergirl Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    October 22nd Tuesday

Workout: 40/ 50 (90)
    Calories Burned: 357/192 (701)
    Reps: reps: 96 (96)
    Stretching: 1x 7/1x 7 (14)

#1 Water - 10/35 pts (MTu
    #2 Sodium - 10/35 pts (M-1304Tu-1687
    #3 Workout 20/60 pts (MTu
    #4 Bad Habit:-- /25 pts
    #5 Good Habit: --/25 pts (MTu
    #6 Team Talk: 2/7 pts (MTu
    #7 Smack Talk: - 0/5 pts

Cumulative: 42

Upper: 96
    Lower: 220
    Cardio: 80
    Core:

Chest press 3x8 24
    Lat p down 3x12 36
    Pulley 3x 12

Everyone's life stories are filled with obstacles but also hope and fighting spirit!

TWO wins Gillian that's amazing! AND a kidney donor as well!

As batman said ' the night is always darkest before the dawn'

If life wasn't hard we wouldn't have so much joy and happiness when we witness the good:)

Endure wolverines - push yourselves and you will be better people for it! :)