Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Trust me - no one would want my cooking either :laugh: I did the bacon last time - pretty hard to screw that up although we did set off the smoke detector LOL I'm involved for my shopping and set up skills :wink:

Some of the families are long term while others can be only for a night or two. It's an amazing organization. They took us on a tour of the facility. It really makes you count your blessings!

I remember DOMS from the BWM but not that bad! You really did a number on yourself if they're still hurting. Although they say getting right back at it helps a lot.
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You've had those DOMs for days now, haven't you? Nothing's wrong with a massage regularly, anyhow (I have to justify my habit).

My arms are where I see the most difference and I can feel it in my back (that is, if I rub my hand on it, there's less pudge and actual muscle ridges on either side of my spine developing. Lifting has made me far more vain as I ogle the changes in the mirror, lol.

My belly looked all thinned out the other day but then my period started, so it looks less slim now. I think the trend is in the right direction. My calories have been all over the place, too, so maybe it's just luck :)

Buried at work for the next week. It feels good to cross stuff off my list but the list is loooooong.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You ladies have been active this morning!

Finished up stage 4 workout 3B yesterday, so only two more to go and I'm on to stage 5. Still not sure if I'll attempt stage 6, depends on 1. How long it takes me to get through stage 5 and 2. how big I am :laugh: I will say it feels amazing to get back in there though. Seems I'll be needing to buy some bigger bras and workout pants and much longer workout t's in the coming months. Still have only gained 1.5 lbs though! YAY!

McDonald's does sound good, but Taco Bell always sounds better. I've told myself if it's not raining today, I'm gonna get me a burrito for lunch. That sounds like a cool thing they do though, and Blue, amazing of you to volunteer and help out like that. I'm unfortunately getting into that "I want to eat everything" stage and am just hungry all the time. I've been doing pretty well with keeping under my calorie goal, especially if I forgo what has turned into a daily ice cream habit. :blushing: All in moderation I suppose.

Terrie - hope those legs feel better. Massages are ALWAYS a good idea.

Blue - I never experienced fat loss either (at least I don't think I did). I did find some muscles though!

Jen - Yay for finding muscles. Such a great feeling.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I took the book back out of the library today! The woman checking it out to me said, all amazed, "We have this book?!" and plans to take it out when I return it. I should probably just buy a copy and let her have it, since I'm not good about returning anything promptly. I rather abuse faculty privileges on that account :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    LOL Jen!

I technically finished my last A of stage 6 today! I will likely try to fit one more in before my vacation in 7 more sleeps! In this stage you're supposed to vary your pushups - hold 2 seconds or raise your feet off the floor. I managed to raise one foot off the floor and rest it on the other - I actually found it to be easier! I have a low step that I think I'll try for my next (and last) A workout. ANd I'm not going to rest my feet on my last chin ups down either! I'm sure I'll drop instantly but oh well :bigsmile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Way to be, Blue. I still haven't gotten to full pushups. Knees still down!

Today has been INSANE. My goal was to get a walk in this afternoon but I've been pretty much tethered to my desk and now I have to go give a 3 hour exam. I've been up since 430. I woke up and the hamster wheel in my head just kept going. I got up at 5, made some coffee, and started working, and I haven't stopped for more than fifteen or twenty minutes since. I guess I'm getting two rest days in a row! I'm thinking of hitting up the vending machine for coffee and maybe something a little sweet. Maybe.

Right now I'm ordering several hundred dollars of breakfast and snack catering for three days of workshops I'm planning for next week. Good times.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Sounds like a majorly busy day! I'm supposed to be testing/training a new system - got some work done but then we went for lunch. Big mistake LOL We had a drink and then wen't shopping :bigsmile: Now we're back and trying to look producutive - I don't think it's working well :wink:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    lol! I didnt' fare much better. By the time I left work, I was exhausted and starving. We ate a large plate of fries, pizza, and I had two beers. Tasty, but well over for the day!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Me too! We shut it down at 3:30 and went for drinks again :bigsmile: had another one when I got home and woke up with a headache lol With this healthy eating I certainly can't drink as much as I used to! Pretty sad when 3 drinks over the course of ten hours give you a hangover :laugh:

Day off workouts for me today but we have two moms day dinners so I'll likely pick one up tomorrow. Six moe sleeps till vacation :drinker:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Niiiiice.

I did 2A today! It was good! I did 20lb for the front squat push press and will up it next time--I was taking it easy since eI remember that being a monster; 20 lb dumbbells and a tall step as I've been doing for days for step ups; 15 lb dumbbells for the one-point row; 40 on the cable thingy; 15 for the static lunge. And I managed to do both planks for 60 seconds, though I was shaking like a leaf by the time I finished the last one.

So here's a question. Using the NROLW calorie calculator, my weight's dropped low enough that they recommend upping my calories pretty significantly--by 97 on non-workout days and 304 on workout days. I probably won't adjust my settings by may extend myself a little room on lift days. Today I had pie and am still just under... :)

6 days til vacation! Lucky gal!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Great job on the planks Jen! I think I may have gotten to 90 once or twice but never to 120. Even the first 60s were really tough!

I did my last 6b this morning but I have enough time to do another A and B before vacation so I think I will do those Tuesday and Thursday!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Today is a GORGEOUS day but I have a 6.5 hour meeting. Bummer, man. I wanted to get at least a walk in yesterday but when I got home from commencement at 1, I started working on remaining stuff that needs grading for an hour and a half before my husband showed up with his parents who didn't leave until 4; he then reminded me we had a concert to attend last night for which we'd be leaving at 7. I ran to do the grocery shopping (out of cat food! imminent crisis!) and was back by 5, worked for two more hours and off we went.

At least I stood for 3 hours--must count for something :) I sure hope so, as I was well over yesterday!

Have a good Monday, ladies!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Happy Tuesday - 3 more sleeps to vacation! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: But I'm not exicted or anything :wink: It's supposed to be 108f (42C for my Canadian friends) on Friday when we land. OMG bring it on!! It's supposed to 'cool' down to 88f (32c) by the time we leave. I think I can handle that :smile:

I did my final A of stage 6 this morning - one more B to go and then it's on to Stage 7! WHOOO HOOO! Almost done! I think I'll do Stage 7 twice for a total of 12 workouts instead of 6. That will give me time to read the other books to decide which one I want to do when I'm done.

I was sooooo close to having a scale victory yesterday morning! I jumped on and it started at 149.6 then moved up to 149.8 (my all time low so far) before settling on 150. I let out a wail that scared the cat and brought my hubby running in to see what was wrong LOL. And then it's up 1.4 this morning ARGGHHH! It was probably the dinner and drinks we went out for last night after our training/testing session. I was less than 100 cals over and only had one drink but that and the sodium from the meal probably did it. It will likely get down there again before Friday and then I'll totally ruin in while on vacation :tongue: I will just try again when I get back. While I don't do anything (except walk) while on vacation, I'm pretty good at getting back at it when I get back.

Enjoy your day ladies :drinker:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I was out sick yesterday so I wasn't here to catch up.

Blue: Yay for work drinks! I find that when I drink even a little but throughout the day, I get more hungover too. Not sure what that's about. Good work on finishing stage 6 - cheers! You'll get that scale victory, I'm just watching mine slowly creep up week by week ha ha. Salt is the devil. My hubbs is in So Cal at the moment, and even there by the ocean it's 100 degrees. Have SO much fun!

Jen: Take those extra calories. I found when I ate more, I was much more successful. Try it out, and if you see the scale moving up, scale back down again. Great job on those planks. I am having a day today like you did yesterday... too much to do and it's beautiful outside dang it!

I finished up stage 4 over the weekend (I think this stage took me the longest) and and moving on to stage 5 either today or tomorrow. I am really hoping to get three workouts in a week so I can finish up stage 5 in a timely manner, but we'll see. Running is starting to get harder for me, so I'll either need to slow it down or just start walking at an incline instead. I've got a little over a week left in my first trimester, then the weight gain begins ha ha. I'm already starting to show, but have only gained 2 lbs so far. We got to see our little babe on Friday in our ultrasound. Looks so much more like a person it's crazy. I may have teared up a little bit! I guess it's time to start thinking about nursery's and day care and parenting classes and all that lovely stuff too eek!

Have a great Tuesday gals.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I might've missed it, where are you going Blue? That is hot, I like lots of heat though :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Palm Springs :drinker: You didn't miss it - you were the one who told me about the outlet mall :laugh:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Ahoy hoy. I did 2B today after hosting some 7 hours of workshops. It wasn't so bad, but I forgot the prone cobra. Oops. My stomach was still kinda full from lunch even though it'd been several hours and I ended up with a little side cramp during the intervals and some nasty indigestion. Ick! Too much Chipotle bowl, I guess! But overall it went fairly well and I can't remember now why I didn't like it. I'm trying to sort out the difference now between the bulgarian split squat and a static lunge--they seem identical. Googling the distinction suggests it has to do with one leg resting during I think lunges and both working during the squat (by the time I got to the gym I forgot which was which). Only one mild knee tweak.

Meg, I've been eating enough lately that I feel like I've at least accidentally chosen to eat more calories :) So exciting about your ultrasound! The tiny lifter's growing fast now, eh?
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I did my first 5A yesterday and man I love stage 5 SO much more than 4 aside from the BWM. I did it, albeit very slowly... I think those are the types of things Dr's say to either do slowly or not at all. My time was 5:15 - up from the 3:50 I had at my last BWM in stage 3 :laugh: But I was really proud of myself when it was over! I do feel kinda lame in stage 5 as I know you're supposed to up your weights and only do 4 reps. Since I'm not really letting myself go over 40 lbs for anything anymore, I've upped the reps to 8, except the raised arm squats bc I freaking hate those :wink:

Jen - I think that distinction is right, although I can't remember if I was always consistent in making sure both legs worked in the squat. It is growing fast, I can't even believe it!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I will likely be doing 2A again today. My muscles are still pretty sore from 2B the other day! My glutes are quite tender! lol.

Today's the last day of the workshops I'm running. Yesterday was a half-day, which was lovely--because I'm prepped for the workshops and done with grading, I actually had a free afternoon. I used it to work on the huge built-in bookshelves my husband and FIL made a couple of months ago. I did all the taping and priming. Lots of trips up and down the stairs, up and down the ladder!

While doing it, though, i felt really gross--nauseous, burpy. I think eating all the takeout during workshops with bagels and cream cheese for breakfast is catching up with my usual high-protein, high-fiber ways. It also might just have been the salad I had for lunch--it had grilled "chicken" but it was that pressed chicken you find at places like Subway. Ick. Perhaps it just didn't agree with me. I'm tempted to change my lunch order for today as it, too, has chicken in it, and instead get tofu!

Have a good Thursday!
    J.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I remember the talk about Palm Springs now :)

Taking a week off from the the gym apparently. Thought I could go tomorrow but one of my tournaments has us playing a game tomorrow night so that means 12 days straight of ball. Kinda hoping it would get rained out tonight so I can get caught up on some things, like laundry.

On the plus, we walk around a pond at work and it has some exercise equipments, like monkey bars and such. Anyways, I went from doing one sloppy chin-up to one clean, and a half chin ups!!! So excited, my goal is two clean by the end of summer! Also, thinking I am going to do that BWM every second day so I am still doing something when I can't get to the gym. It is too hard to get up early for a 1.5 hour session, especially when I don't get home in the evening until 9:30 and still have to cook supper :(