Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am ravenous today. I'd hate to go over given how my Tuesday was, but man, I'm hungry, and a long way from dinner.

I love the idea of book club, but since I discuss reading all day most days, I have no desire to do that with my spare time :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Well the secret about our book club is that we talk about the book for about 15 minutes and then we just gab and catch up and eat and drink wine :) It's pretty awesome!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    that's not so bad! :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Sooooooooo. Damn these long weekends, everyone vanishes! Hope you're all having fun.

Stage 2B today. that is a tough workout. I was pretty beat by the end. Deadlifting (not using box) up to 60 today; lightened up my weights for the bulgarian squat (knee) but upped them a bit to 10 for the lunge with forward lean thing. Still steady at 70 for the lat pulldown, and I can't even remember what the other one is. oH, the cuban snatch--upped it to 8 pound dumbbells. When I first did that back in december, I could barely manage the 8--now they seem pretty easy.

1 more of each workout then on to stage 3!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    HELLO :flowerforyou:

You gals have been busy doing home stuff while I was gone! Palm Springs was awesome and hot, hot, hot! Our hotel was about a km from the main shopping and dining area so we walked a lot. We shopped A LOT! The deals were OK but nothing too great. We did manage to help the local economy tho :smile: I've actually been home for a Few days now but between all the laundry and other things going on this is my first chance to catch up.

Happy anniversary Jen! Hope your dinner was better than mine lol. We found a steak joint and ordered the dinner for two - it was a 32oz slab of meat that should have fed four instead of two! Unfortunately it was cold and the sides were just swimming in fat. Just not a pleasant experience :ohwell:

Great job on the workouts ladies! Terrie did you get any rainouts? I'm starting stage 7 on Monday - and I start logging again then too. I figure I'm still on vacation until I go back to work :wink: The scale was only up 4lbs which I was quite happy about. Hopefully it'll go back down again fairly quickly. (And I did no BWMs while I was gone :embarassed: ) Back to business on Monday!

Hope you're enjoying your long weekend! Terrie, we got married on May long and we got 10cm of snow the day before! There never seems to be a happy medium so I'm not surprised you got hail.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Welcome back, blue! Yesterday I finally looked up what a BWM is. So not excited, and a tad concerned for my wonky knees...

I'm glad your trip went well, even if your anniversary dinner was less than stellar. Ours was awesome.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Yeah, the BWM is really tough - I find it funny you didn't know what it was before LOL Now we've scared you away :wink:

Started stage 7 yesterday - OMG was it hard! I think I say that at the start of every stage but man-oh-man - 4 sets of 15-20 reps?? I made the mistake of starting with weights where I left off the last one - HUGE mistake. I'm paying for it today!! Major, major DOMS!! I'm proud to say I got thru it but oh, the pain! LOL I will definitely adjust for workout 2. If I don't I won't be able to walk! Or sit!

The difference with this workout is that you start with a normal exercise - 2 reps of 6-8 and then alternate 4 exercises - 4 reps of 15-20 with only 30 seconds rest in between. Very intense! Did my first back squat since stage 1!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Quick check-in today as work is crazy busy this AM.

Fell off the workout wagon last week a little bit, but did manage to get a good hike in Saturday morning. It was 4.5 miles round-trip but the up is really up a pretty significant incline, so I felt good about that. The rest of the weekend was spent doing home projects. Started painting the trim in our house yesterday - man it's going to be a huge pain in the as$ BUT will be so worth it in the end. I think it will likely take me until the baby comes to get it all painted. :laugh:

Used the "eating for two" excuse a little too much last week, and stepped on the scale this AM to find a 2lb weight gain over the last week :angry: NOT COOL. So I will do better to stay within cals and limit my treats this week... I knew it would be bad.

I'll be back to check-in more later, but just wanted to say HI and have a lovely day all!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    That sounds brutal! Good lord! I'm noticing lately that the day after a lift I'm only a little sore, but the second day everything tightens up--usually right as I head back to the gym. I do wonder if there's a way around that.

I'm sure your 2lbs isn't a real fat gain. Salt, etc., always puts me up. My last seven days weren't very pretty--I had several meals out, more cocktails than usual, plenty of salt. This is week 3 of my cycle so I'm not even going to tempt the scale by hopping on it. I'm going to hope for the "eat more to weigh less" for a week or two from now :) My average is around 1600/day, but yesterday was about 2000. Tasty, tasty calories!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Knowing what I learned from workout 1, workout 2 wasn't so bad! Although I'm still hurting from the first one. I hope it goes away soon LOL People are starting to look at me funny going up and down the stairs!

4 sets of 15 is hard - even with lower weights! I'm thinking 3 sets of 8 is pretty comfortable. The stage is 6 workouts but states you can do it twice. I'm thinking the second time around I'll do the 20 reps. Not sure I'll be upping the weights at all - I really start to feel it around rep 10. It's a struggle to get those last 5 out.

Meg, your 2lb gain could be baby growing too, couldn't it? I'm sure they grow at different rates throughout. maybe not the whole 2lbs but I would think that by this point you would start to notice the gains. But what do I know? :laugh:

Jen, tastey calories are the best ones - otherwise why bother? LOL

I really have to get my diet back on track. I haven't done too well on the program the ETP people put me on. They gave me 1650 but before I left on vacation my average was more like 1800 due to the crazy schedule I was keeping at the time. Work dinners and lunches - I don't always make the best choices at restaurants - and you can't always control a catered meal at lunch. I thought this week was going to be better but twice now we've gone out after work because we had things to get done and of course, I don't want to be cooking when I get home. I only put on 4.5lbs on my trip and the scale is now down 1-1/2 - at least it's still going down!

Hope you guys have a great day - happy hump day!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies.

Finally have a bit of a breather at work so I can catch up with you guys!

Jen - I also get the second day soreness WAY more than the day after. I've always been that way though. Stretching and lots of water seem to be the only things that really help. I also find that working out actually helps with the soreness, strange I know. I got back on the scale this AM out of curiosity and I am actually only up 1 lb which is a ok with me. I'm sure that second pound will come back next week though! Tasty calories are the best calories :)

Blue - I'm terrified of stage 7. At this point, I'm moving so slow through the stages (max of 2 workouts a week) that I think I might have to skip stage 6. All though just mapping it out, if I do commit to 2 workouts/week I would be finished with the whole program in 10 more weeks. That's doable. I wish I could attribute the weight gain to the babe but it only weighs about 2oz right now soooo haha. I'm sure I'm gaining fluid, boob weight etc as well but really I ate AWFUL last week so I'm pretty confident it was me, not the kiddo. According to my zillion apps and books, I should be gaining about 1lb a week from here on out which is kinda terrifying when you think about it, especially because it will likely be more. Glad to hear Palm Springs was fun and yay for the scale moving down!

I'm really hoping I can keep up my workout schedule during the summers, I always have the hardest time with it. Hopefully since I won't really be attending happy hours as much, that should help :laugh: and since the weather will be nice walking will be a good option. Summers just tend to get so busy and workouts usually get thrown on the back burner. I've been keeping up with my once a week yoga and I think that has been really helpful for me too. I'll probably up it to twice a week when other workouts aren't really an option anymore.

Anywho - that's all I have for now. Hope you ladies have a lovely hump day!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I've been eating rather badly, too. This morning, though, despite that it's week 3 of my cycle, that I had french fries and beer yesterday, the scale flirted with 127.5 before settling on 128. I thought, damn, if only I'd eaten real food yesterday! lol.

Yesterday was a rather wretched day. My 2 hour meeting stretched into 4 and ended badly; the lunch we were all supposed to go out for together didn't happen as a result of the duration of the meeting, leaving just one starving colleague and I to go get some food. Alas. Today's a new day, but we're going out for Mexican tonight with friends, and tomorrow I"m going out for lunch with different friends! I'm going to be broke and over-salted by the end of the week!

It's like I'm on cooking vacation (and I know exactly what you mean, Blue, about not wanting to cook post-vac as you've gotten used to not cooking).

Do you guys take the week off between stages if you're just around? I know we've all done it, say, to go on vacation, but since I'm not going anywhere I'm tempted to dive straight into stage 3 on Saturday after finishing Stage 2 today.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I had a nice long post typed out and then it just disappeared! :mad: Oops!

Jen, I don't necessarily think 7 days is required but I would wait until at least Monday to start your next stage (but that's just me!) If I remember correctly, stage 3 was all the squats (not to mention the wonderful BWM!) so give yourself a small break before diving in. The break I took between 6 and 7 was actually too long - it was a total of 11 days (technically I was only out of town for 6 of those days) I'm sure I'd hurt just as much with a shorter break but maybe not.

I tell ya - this stage is killer! I am still so sore I didn't even do my light cardio today. I'm not the only one - reading thru the stage 7 thread, every single persons first post was about their DOMS and how much they hurt LOL And it pretty much carries on until they're finished :smile: I still want to do the stage twice but I'm thinking 3x a week might be too much. Maybe 3x one week, 2x the next.

Meg, I can't believe baby is only 2oz! I thought for sure it would be about a pound by now. I'm sure its fluids as you say that is causing the gain. Not all weight gained is baby, right? Some of it has to be the fluid. I like your plan to finish the program - be careful on stage 7 tho - it might send you into labor LOL.

Keep up the good work!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Ok, I'll wait. thanks for the feedback.

I put the last round of 2 in the books today, though I didn't have time for the intervals--had a meeting to run to. I did walk 5 minutes across campus--counts for something :)

Today I was wondering what the best way to measure oneself is. If I pull the tape tight, it cuts in some; if I don't, I can fit several fingers in there, which makes me think it's not an accurate measurement. Today I pulled just a little tight, until I couldn't fit a finger's width in between the tape and me. I was doing it because of the scale fluctuation this morning--my belly looked slimmer to me so I was wondering if it was.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Was it? I've never tried to measure myself for that exact reason.

Of course your walk counts for something :smile: Great job getting 2 done!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Jen I definitely take a few days off in between stages, but not a full week. Usually I'll take 3ish days off. Your walk definitely counts for something! I am not working out today due to painting (remind me why I decided it was a good idea again?) but did get my B workout in yesterday and am planning to start the second half of stage 5 tomorrow. I measure like you ended up measuring - not sure how accurate I am though!

Blue - Yeah only 2 oz. but it's apparently 4 inches long (it's grown 2 inches in a week) craaaaaazy. Haha I'm actually looking forward to stage 7 I miss some of those lifts. I've told myself I can't go above 50lbs though, no need to get crazy :laugh:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Yep, blue, it did, a little. My BF% as calculated by the spreadsheet shared by skbarton earlier in this thread is right around 27%. A few weeks ago it was 29%.

So last night was AWFUL. Yesterday I had steak with two meals (oops)--a tiny 2.5 oz with lunch and then I had steak tacos for dinner. I'm not sure if that was the root of the problem or what, as nothing else was weird--no booze or anything, not even super full. at 1a I woke up with this awful pain in my upper back--I got up, walked around, tried to lay back down, no dice. It felt like a huge gas bubble had settled in my chest and b/c my muscles were sore from working out (and perhaps I'd laid in one position for too long) it was making my back hurt. I ended up feeling sweaty, nauseous, dry heaving, and then, eventually, burping a bunch of times and felt better. Got to watch all kinds of middle-of-the-night telly before I fell back asleep after 2. Moral of the story? Don't have steak twice in one day? No idea. Blech, though!
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This may a duplicate post for some of you since I posted it in the "I'm starting stage 1" thread....

Wheeeeeee....... Last Stage 1 workout is in the books! AMRAPS next week 'cause I really want to see how many reps I can do now with those lower weights! I added an extra workout for stage 1 (24 total instead of 16) because I had never lifted weights before. Here's my beginning and ending weights (note - dumbells noted are in each hand so 20# is a 20# each, total 40#):

Deadlift starting 30# ending 95#
    Shoulder press DB 5# 20#
    Lat Pulldown 40# 80#
    Lunge (w/ DB) 3# 15#
    Swissball Crunch Body Wt 25# plate

Squats 20# 95#
    Push Ups wall then about 60 degree, then 30 degree and then last set I did from the floor!
    Seated Row 40# 80#
    Step Up (w/ DB) 3# 15#
    Prone Jack....... what more can you say ;) Except it is kinda fun crawling on and then launching out.......

Didn't see any movement in measurements until this past weekend or 8 weeks in - seems like I've seen others comment on the same either here or on the FB page. I've lost 1/2 inch in natural waist, belly button level abs and chest below breasts (or is that under them.... LOL). And today's victory is I've hit a weight mark I hadn't seen since last November. No "official" weight loss as I officially weigh on Sunday mornings but today's weight is 1.6 pounds lighter than my NROL starting weight. My abs have changed from a No Pack to some definition vertically. I feel stronger and I just strut right over to the weights area at the gym like I know what I"m doing - Love that!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Susan

PS - about that Heybales spreadsheet - if you have any questions he frequently posts in the Eat More to Weigh Less forum and the In Place of a Road Map forum and is really responsive to questions.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Way to go, Susan! I can't deadlift 95--I'm still at about 60 after stage 2 (I did regular DLs rather than DLs on box), so I'm duly impressed! My squat weight, I think, was 65 or 70 or something. It feels good to put that first stage away.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Where IS everybody? Man, this is a quiet weekend! Nothing to report--starting 3 tomorrow...

About how much time should I expect it to take? Well over an hour, I take it? I have 3 hrs of meetings tomorrow and likely at least another while I'm videoed for a thing at work and have to look presentable, so I'm trying to schedule appropriately.