Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    when hubby's not home popcorn is my usual dinner :laugh: Followed by something choclate, preferably :bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You did 3 sets of 8 chinups with 120lbs? Holy Crap! I'm impressed. I couldn't hold it and/or lower for 20 seconds without resting my feet on something. I'm not able to lift myself up either - you are superwoman!!

Assisted chin-ups... so really it's not that impressive. With assisted chin-ups you kneel on a little platform so really I was only "chinning-up" about 40 lbs (not in addition to my body weight)

Edited to say: Id be impressed too...
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm still impressed. I've never chin-upped anything.

I did walk 90 minutes around our local reservoir, though! I feel so much better! It was the head-clearing I needed. I stopped at the market on my way home and now have a fine sandwich I made and, indeed, popcorn :)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    LOL you guys crack me up... lol I am glad I don't like popcorn :bigsmile: Spent last night with my headache pounding which made me want to beat my head on the wall.... I laid in the recliner most of the night, took lots of drugs (none helped) .. it took all my energy to even make my salad (how pathetic is that)...

Made an appt with Chiropractor for Tuesday as I think it is neck/shoulder related (I hope). Now I wait lol But on a good note, today I get Panda Express AND Texas Roadhouse so WIN!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I love Texas Roadhouse... we don't have them here :( Hope your head feels better. I've been getting massive headaches - I think mostly due to pregnancy and of course all I can take is tylenol so that's awesome... NOT.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Saw this today.... read it :) I shall not whine about headaches or make any excuse to not workout ever again... holy cow

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1338754-three-years-ago-today-i-came-home-from-rehab
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That is an amazing story! She looks fabulous! We talked about counting our blessings earlier - as hard as we think we've got it, there's someone else out there who has it worse. Continue to vent about your headaches Christina, but no more excuses for not working out lol. I'm kidding of course - vomiting from a headache during a workout just isn't good!

I woke up with one this morning but sucked it up and finished off the program - finally!! Only a week late lol. But it's DONE! Now I'm looking forward to my 5 day weekend and starting my modified program on Wed.

I took some pictures this morning - I will post them in my profile. I really don't think much has changed except for a little bit of muscle definition in my upper body. My legs are still as jiggly as ever and my menopausal tummy pooch just won't go away. Maybe if I could get my diet under control - no more full bags of chocolate covered popcorn or full bags of jalapeño kettle chips lol. Or dinners out etc etc. I'm not sure I'm willing to do that so as long as I stay pretty much the same I'm good with that :laugh:

Have a great weekend everyone :drinker:
  • clambert1273
    Options
    That is an amazing story! She looks fabulous! We talked about counting our blessings earlier - as hard as we think we've got it, there's someone else out there who has it worse. Continue to vent about your headaches Christina, but no more excuses for not working out lol. I'm kidding of course - vomiting from a headache during a workout just isn't good!

I woke up with one this morning but sucked it up and finished off the program - finally!! Only a week late lol. But it's DONE! Now I'm looking forward to my 5 day weekend and starting my modified program on Wed.

I took some pictures this morning - I will post them in my profile. I really don't think much has changed except for a little bit of muscle definition in my upper body. My legs are still as jiggly as ever and my menopausal tummy pooch just won't go away. Maybe if I could get my diet under control - no more full bags of chocolate covered popcorn or full bags of jalapeño kettle chips lol. Or dinners out etc etc. I'm not sure I'm willing to do that so as long as I stay pretty much the same I'm good with that :laugh:

Have a great weekend everyone :drinker:

I won't be able to log dinner tonight so might just quick add 1,000 calories and be done with it :bigsmile: Considering I get date night with him once every 6 months... my body will suck it up LOL

I bet you look more different than you think!!!! We can do this eating better thing... love the IIFYM mantra :smokin:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Way to go, Sherrie! I'm glad you finished it. And whatever you decide to change you need to be able to keep up, right? So cutting out diners out seems like crazy talk. Also, then someone would have to cook more. :)

4B today! I like 4A better. Again I did 3 sets of the first lift and then 2 sets of everything else except ab stuff and cobras--did 3. Then onto the treadmill where I ran 3 of my 4 upper-rate minutes. That was nice. It's not the same as the miles I once logged but feels good nonetheless.

Out with the gals tonight. I've got over 1k calories plus some strays from earlier in the week. I want a steak and some tasty beverages!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I bet you look more different than you think!!!! We can do this eating better thing... love the IIFYM mantra :smokin:

I found a picture from a cruise we went on in 2011 - my weight was about the same (it was six months into this journey - I had just lost 12 lbs) - maybe it's just the picture but I think my abs look better then! LOL

Other than the binges I'm probably in that 80-20 range. 80% healthy and I'm committed to the workouts. I'm definitely going to try not to binge like I have - its just so damned good!

Good workout Jen - I seem to recall like A better than B in most stages too.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    btw, we have a texas roadhouse here--I've been a couple of times. If you're trying to have a healthier time, stick to one of those damn rolls they bring (I could eat six, but...), get the little steak, a sweet potato, and the veg of the day. I've done that at least once or twice and it keeps things around 800cal, I think, maybe even less.

that story was very motivational, wasn't it?

I rarely truly hit my macro settings--I'm ok with that. I'm usually about there on carbs, over on fat, and under some on protein. Alas. Seems to be working.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    btw, we have a texas roadhouse here--I've been a couple of times. If you're trying to have a healthier time, stick to one of those damn rolls they bring (I could eat six, but...), get the little steak, a sweet potato, and the veg of the day. I've done that at least once or twice and it keeps things around 800cal, I think, maybe even less.

that story was very motivational, wasn't it?

I rarely truly hit my macro settings--I'm ok with that. I'm usually about there on carbs, over on fat, and under some on protein. Alas. Seems to be working.

We decided on Harpoon Larry's which is a local seafood place - of course there is no nutrition guide for it so I am winging it. I decided I am not going to care since we don't get this very often.. hell maybe having that rum runner drink will dilute my headaches LOL

I am a sucker for crabcakes and will probably eat that - they have what is called Apple Slaw so will have that as a side.. I just quick added 1,000 calories and said to hell with it. I rarely eat to goal on the weekends so it will balance out. Since we have been remodeling my weekends are usually spent refinishing tables, painting etc... and once I start - I don't stop to eat LOL

Roadhouse would have been easier to track my calories with :bigsmile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I ate all the calories yesterday. Plus some. Hangar steak, fries, two stiff little cocktails, and a lemon merengue tart. Yum.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    I ate them too.... got busy today so didn't eat til dinner lol
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Morning ladies:flowerforyou:

Woke up this morning (way too early, I might add) to the pouring rain. It's going to be a loooong day where I won't be too busy to eat lol. It will probably be the only thing I do today :laugh: I think we are going to have a movie marathon kind of day - not like there's much else to do in 200 sq ft! Tomorrow and Tuesday are supposed to be really nice so we will stay - unless hubby gets really bored. Then we'll likely head for home lol He's not a movie marathon kind of guy.

Enjoy your Sunday!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Sorry about your weather! I too woke up far too early (4! laid there until 5, gave up for good at half past) and will be semi-zombie all day. I'm hoping to get my workout pulling apart our tiny second bathroom some today--a guy from work is coming over to give me a hand.

Funny story--yesterday my good friend Chris came over to help with that awful light fixture I was telling you about. We got the junction box into the wall, wired it up, bracketed it correctly, put the bulb in, shade on, and the goddamn door hits it while opening and closing. We measured this a million times but the shade is just a hair more bulbous than the frame it sits on, and thus it's *just* too big. So it's coming down and I'm going to go to a proper lighting store to look for another one. I learned this morning that fixtures that are compliant with the American Disabilities Act are 4" wide or less, so that's what I"ll look for. 4.5" is just a smudge too wide.

I had to laugh. It was too insane not to.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That's funny Jen! One of those situations where you either laugh or cry. What are you doing to your bathroom? I admire you handy ladies - when something like that needs doing in our house, it's time to move :bigsmile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    We have this itty-bitty half bath that still has its original tiles (metal and beginning to look ragged, fall of wall) and has this awful vinyl floor that's pulling up. The prior owner must have had a really rough floor and put the vinyl in as a replacement, and when he did so, rather than pull up the tile and retile at the bottom of the walls, he just covered where the two met with vinyl baseboard, glued like hell to the tile. So to fix the floor, you have to get the vinyl baseboard off, and when you even try, off pop the tiles. Want to fix the floor? Then you need to destroy the walls. Today I took down most of the tiles--they pop right off as some genius mounted them with just spackle or more plaster, nothing serious, and patched loose ones with glue. I just put on my respirator and went at them with a hammer and putty knife. Tomorrow the plumber's coming to address a list of needs I have and I'll ask him to take out the toilet and the sink so I can get the rest. Then we'll put baseboard over the ratty plaster/spackle that's still all over the wall, paint the top half of the room, put in a new floor, new toilet. We'll keep our tiny sink, though he'll need to move it over just a hair as it's so tight to the wall I couldn't get the tiles out.

I'm beat! I have plans to make dinner but I"m so tired!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That sound like a workout in itself. It sounds like it will be nice when it's done! I've had such a lazy day my fitbit has registered only 132 steps!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Yay! Another DIYer like me lol I have been up since 3:30am (no clue).. Finished the redo of my end tables, pulled the slipcovers off the couch and have been washing them, laundry, gutted our old gas bbq grill and converted it to charcoal.. So had me some yummy ribeye's tonight!

Now to clean the kitchen.. Someday I will sit right? Aaaannndd because of my lack of eating on the weekends.. Scored me 2 glasses of wine tonight!