Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    holy guacamole. that woman has been through hell.

no gym for me today--i forgot to wash my gym clothes and this time of year wearing them twice isn't an option. Ew.

It's going to be 90+ and sticky here today. I might just run errands and read all day. I have some painting I'd like to do, but then I'd have to open the windows to the heat...two tiny rooms, so at l wouldn't be at it long.

LOL that is why I love having it at home.. I could it naked if I wanted... but that would be awkward :bigsmile: I love the heat so it is when I am the most active... with my thyroid the cold bothers me to the extreme so I would much prefer to be sticky and hot lol
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Oh my you guys have been busy!

Back at work today after a glorious 5 days off! I was supposed to start my new program this morning but my little pea brain woke me up at 2am and wouldn't shut off! I think I fell asleep maybe 1/2 hour before the alarm! So I shut it off and slept (tried to) the extra hour. I hate it when that happens! I am happy to report that I kept within the calories over the weekend - the macros, not so much LOL I sure notice a difference when I eat 'cleaner' - the scale tends to dip a little lower. It just won't tip past my lowest low! So my mid-year resolution is to try and eat better and make better choices when eating out at restaurants. And to get three workouts in a week - NO EXCUSES!!

Christina, I'm glad your headaches seem to have gone away - one of my friends posted something about eating roasted mice in the stone ages got rid of headaches! EWWW! I guess if you were desperate ....

Jen, I don't think you need to workout - your floors seem to be providing enough of a workout in itself! Isn't it cool, tho, how much stronger we feel? :bigsmile:

Count me in as one who thinks you need to start ignoring the scale Meg! Continue to eat healthy and exercise when you can and you got this made in the shade! I thought stage 6 DOMS were bad until I hit stage 7 - ooolala! I hurt for days! Are you doing the full 4 sets? towards the end I could only manage 3 - 15 reps was just too much. I probably should have dropped the weight but that seems counterproductive.

First baby was born yesterday - Aaron's sister had a boy (which we knew). He's a little brute - 9lbs 8oz! OUCH! He's beautiful - just like his mom :smile: I can't wait to meet him - they live 3 hours from here so I'm not sure when that will be. They named him Easton. My second 'grandson' is due Oct 12 and then Meg's baby in November :laugh: Can't wait!

Well I have to run off to a meeing - I'll be back tho :drinker: (feels like MOnday!)
  • clambert1273
    Options
    I misssseeedddddd you :flowerforyou:
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    A friend just tore out that layer of tile and vinyl. Behind it was patches of really thick plaster that was curved. No problem, thought I, should come right out. Famous last words. A sweaty hour later (it was dripping through my respirator) it's out, but I managed to hammer my own hand a few times, slice my fingertip open, and was nearly in tears. lol, remind me to never take on a project like this again.

And I'd say I'm not at all concerned now about going to the gym. Efffff that.

Congrats on the grandson, Blue! so exciting.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Awwwwee I missed you guys too :laugh:

You definitely don't need another workout Jen - that sounds like enough!

You know, I do have a DIY project of my own! I need to recover the seats on my barstools to match my new house! It's only been in the works for over a year (we moved in Jan 2013!) We said we'd do it in the winter but never seemed to get around to it. I know it's an easy job - probably one of the easiest - so much so even WE can handle it :laugh: Some rainy weekend we have to make a point of going to the fabric store and picking something out. Once that's done it'll just be a matter of time LOL
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Clam - glad that headache is gone! Yay for working out.

Jen - Good work on the demo, and yes I agree no workout for you!

Blue - Yay for the babe, but 9lbs!? That makes my lady parts cry! :cry: Such great news. I actually like re-covering chairs/barstools. I'ts pretty easy and makes a huge difference.

I skipped my yoga class yesterday as it was 94 degrees out and it would have been like hot yoga. I was sweaty and not in a good mood yesterday. Thank GOD it's only supposed to be in the high 70's, usually it's raining right about now ha ha. Had a Dr. Appt. this morning and things went well. She wasn't concerned about my weight, so that was nice to hear. Heard the littles heartbeat, which she had to chase around for. Tomorrow we get to see it again, and I'm really excited!

Today is my last day of work this week, yay! I'm hoping to get a workout in, buuuuuuuut who knows. We'll see when I get done with work as I won't have time during the workday.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Awwwwee I missed you guys too :laugh:

You definitely don't need another workout Jen - that sounds like enough!

You know, I do have a DIY project of my own! I need to recover the seats on my barstools to match my new house! It's only been in the works for over a year (we moved in Jan 2013!) We said we'd do it in the winter but never seemed to get around to it. I know it's an easy job - probably one of the easiest - so much so even WE can handle it :laugh: Some rainy weekend we have to make a point of going to the fabric store and picking something out. Once that's done it'll just be a matter of time LOL

My cheat for you - .. canvas drop cloths.. thick as upholstery fabric and dyeable :) They are my curtains and I reupholstered my la-z-boy recliner with it :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    My cheat for you - .. canvas drop cloths.. thick as upholstery fabric and dyeable :) They are my curtains and I reupholstered my la-z-boy recliner with it :)

Dyeable?? Are you going to come do it for me?? :laugh: Did you miss the part of us not being handy? That sounds too much like work! LOL We do things by the KISS concept - Keep it simple, stupid (<<that's us!) When it's no longer simple we got out and buy new LOL

Meg, that's so exciting you get to see baby tomorrow! How can you stand the suspense of not knowing if it's a boy or a girl?? I know it's killing me!! :bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Clam - that is a genius cheat! If i need to recover something, I'm totally doing that - so SMART!

Blue - I have no idea how I'm not dying to know honestly. I'm usually a huge planner, and am a bit, ok a lot type A personality so this is a whole new world for me. My husband was really surprised when I told him I didn't want to find out, but I'm embracing this new found laid back"ness". :laugh:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Good for you, Meg! I wouldn't want to know, either, mostly because I hate how people then buy all pink or all blue. Yuck. I like lots of color!

I ate all the calories tonight. Sorry if none were left for you :) I had a burger! And it was good. A few fries, not many. A couple of gin and tonics. And I shared a slice of peanut butter mousse pie with my friend. probably could have not eaten that but a)TOM started today b)I clearly need more in my stomach the night before a lift than I've been eating and c)I wanted it. So there :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    So there :)

Atta girl, Jen!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Good for you, Meg! I wouldn't want to know, either, mostly because I hate how people then buy all pink or all blue. Yuck. I like lots of color!

I ate all the calories tonight. Sorry if none were left for you :) I had a burger! And it was good. A few fries, not many. A couple of gin and tonics. And I shared a slice of peanut butter mousse pie with my friend. probably could have not eaten that but a)TOM started today b)I clearly need more in my stomach the night before a lift than I've been eating and c)I wanted it. So there :)

LOLOLOL that's how I felt last Friday with my two eating out meals... it was good so I don't care - didn't affect anything. Finally will get the power rack together tonight... I think my headaches are either 1. Blocked Sinus OR 2. My glasses making an appointment for both... I need new glasses anyway (blind *kitten*) ...

Meg... it is totally a cheat... I bought 2 6x9 cloths from home depot (no seam in the middle) for $11.00 .... I washed them, dried them and then ironed them.. bought some of those curtain clips and made my fake pleats and wala... 2 panels of curtains for $11.00 :D Ceiling to floor - whoop!

The chair I reupholstered with drop cloth:

[img]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/clambert_1273/Mobile Uploads/2014-06/448240e1-0312-459a-bbc2-f0031d0da4de.jpg[/img]

The curtains on the far wall :)

[img]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/clambert_1273/Mobile Uploads/2014-06/C226A981-9978-423B-B7A4-53B7C7BECF33.jpg[/img]
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    ha! nice job, chris!

another hot and humid day today. I'm going to go to the gym for 930 or so, then run a couple quick errands, and be home before the storms. Assuming, that is, that these cramps don't keep me on the couch all day whining :)

i'll patch up some walls today (was going to skip it but felt guilty) and tape around the trim and ceiling. Tomorrow, I paint!

tomorrow was supposed to be a lovely dry sunny day until this tropical storm arthur came along. bummer. now it'll be wet. better than hurricane-filled, so i'll take it. After Sandy I'm good for a long time. :P

Happy Thursday, all!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    ha! nice job, chris!

another hot and humid day today. I'm going to go to the gym for 930 or so, then run a couple quick errands, and be home before the storms. Assuming, that is, that these cramps don't keep me on the couch all day whining :)

i'll patch up some walls today (was going to skip it but felt guilty) and tape around the trim and ceiling. Tomorrow, I paint!

tomorrow was supposed to be a lovely dry sunny day until this tropical storm arthur came along. bummer. now it'll be wet. better than hurricane-filled, so i'll take it. After Sandy I'm good for a long time. :P

Happy Thursday, all!

If you are getting hit then you are close to my vicinity :) Luckily it looks to veering away from Virginia this time :) we still have rain for tomorrow and tonight.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    You're in VA? I'm in New England. I figured you were on the east coast since you post in the same time frame as I do. We're just getting rain tomorrow.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    You're in VA? I'm in New England. I figured you were on the east coast since you post in the same time frame as I do. We're just getting rain tomorrow.

Yup Newport News... about 25 miles NW of Virginia Beach :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Nice job on the curtains and chair Christina - very crafty! Luv the puppy! As well as not being very handy, I'm also not very creative - I am good at color matching tho LOL Even as a kid I hated art class!

I hope you ladies survive the storms - we're having a beautiful day here today too with chance of major thunderstorms later in the day. No hurricanes in this neck of the woods - the occassional tornado (last big one was in 1987) but nothing that causes too much damage.

Christina where are you going on vacation? I see you have your tickets booked and everything but it doesn't say where you're going? Of course, all your facebook friends (except me LOL) know :laugh:

Got my first workout of the modified version of NR in this morning! Wow - is 3 sets of 8 ever easier than 4 sets of 15! Piece of cake!! It's almost a repeat of stage 7 - back squats, step ups, push ups, seated rows! The only thing different was the prone jacknife - which I have to say, still isn't pretty! :bigsmile: So not graceful at all LOL And Christina - I was done in 51 minutes which included 17 min of treadmill intervals.

I still don't know how much my little bar weighs but I had 62lbs on it for the back squat. Steps ups I returned to using the cables on the lowest setting - 90lbs (I used 20lb dumbells for stage 7). Seated rows were 190 lbs. Keep in mind the ratio is probably 1:2 so it's not as heavy as it sounds. I definitely have to get back to the store to figure out how I can get them higher. For the pushups and jacknife I did 3 sets of 12 and will increase those as I progress. I can FINALLY do full pushups!! I will get them mastered and then work on different variations.

Have a great day ladies :flowerforyou:
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Nice job on the curtains and chair Christina - very crafty! Luv the puppy! As well as not being very handy, I'm also not very creative - I am good at color matching tho LOL Even as a kid I hated art class!

I hope you ladies survive the storms - we're having a beautiful day here today too with chance of major thunderstorms later in the day. No hurricanes in this neck of the woods - the occassional tornado (last big one was in 1987) but nothing that causes too much damage.

Christina where are you going on vacation? I see you have your tickets booked and everything but it doesn't say where you're going? Of course, all your facebook friends (except me LOL) know :laugh:

Got my first workout of the modified version of NR in this morning! Wow - is 3 sets of 8 ever easier than 4 sets of 15! Piece of cake!! It's almost a repeat of stage 7 - back squats, step ups, push ups, seated rows! The only thing different was the prone jacknife - which I have to say, still isn't pretty! :bigsmile: So not graceful at all LOL And Christina - I was done in 51 minutes which included 17 min of treadmill intervals.

I still don't know how much my little bar weighs but I had 62lbs on it for the back squat. Steps ups I returned to using the cables on the lowest setting - 90lbs (I used 20lb dumbells for stage 7). Seated rows were 190 lbs. Keep in mind the ratio is probably 1:2 so it's not as heavy as it sounds. I definitely have to get back to the store to figure out how I can get them higher. For the pushups and jacknife I did 3 sets of 12 and will increase those as I progress. I can FINALLY do full pushups!! I will get them mastered and then work on different variations.

Have a great day ladies :flowerforyou:

Sorry LOL we are going back home to California :) we have been gone almost 4 years and haven't been back to visit so everyone on my facebook is all super excited -and so are we. I miss home :(

I still got you beat Sherri.... 29 minutes stronglifts :bigsmile: :bigsmile: which we will see how it goes. I watched all the videos last night... I just want my rack together :sad:

YAY for push-ups... told you that you would be able to... now don't ever drop to girly push ups again or you will lose the ability lol I can still do 10 but any more than that right now pushes me over the top.. hard to believe that in the Army I was doing 70 LOL :huh:
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Where in California? That's so exciting that you get to go home - I remember when we lived away in the 90s there was always a really long list of people to see and things to do when we came home. ALthough we came back about twice a year. 4 years is a long time!

29 min is awesome! That is so quick! How many exercises does that include?
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Where in California? That's so exciting that you get to go home - I remember when we lived away in the 90s there was always a really long list of people to see and things to do when we came home. ALthough we came back about twice a year. 4 years is a long time!

29 min is awesome! That is so quick! How many exercises does that include?

Workout A is Squat 5 sets of 5, bench press 5 sets of 5 and Barbell Row 5 sets of 5

Workout B is Squat 5 sets of 5, Overhead press 5 sets of 5 and Deadlift 1 set of 5

SUPER! lol

Orange County (Anaheim) is where will be going back to... I miss it so much - miss the perfect weather every day... and it will be a very full schedule while we are there lol