Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    LOL I told him how she was working out and had the blinding headache and ended up on the floor vomiting. As it turns out that was the anneurysm (sp)! A one in a million - probably bazillion - chance of happening to someone else yet he's worried.

spool of thread - cute :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Nevermind poor Chris's situation being one in a million :) But yeah, I can understand his worry in general.

Tattoo artist #1 that I called is booked up until September! Wow. Going to have to find another plan.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Nevermind poor Chris's situation being one in a million :)

Ain't that the truth!

Headache has FINALLY gone away :smile: Tested out my new runners this morning on the treadmill. I think they're OK - I'll try them a couple of more times before I decide. I have a really high instep so it's really hard for me to buy shoes - any shoes! Which is probably a good thing as I'd probably need a whole room for shoes if I was able to buy every cute pair I liked :laugh:

Going to be another gorgeous day again today - low 80s. We're going to hit a patio for dinner tonight :drinker:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I envy your weather! It's going to be 92 very humid degrees here today. Ick.

Do you ever find that after certain sets, you're a little woozy? I don't know if it has to do with what is in my stomach/not in my stomach/what I ate yesterday/how much I slept or didn't sleep/how warm the gym is, but every time I do the reverse lunges with forward reach and stand up at the end, woosh! I feel woozy a minute or so until it passes. Now I'm one of those people who, if I get up too fast from the couch, get the same thing, but I don't care for it at the gym. Seems to mostly be when I'm standing up from a sit or a lean. A blood pressure thing, perhaps? I slept poorly last night (thunderstorm +530 cat play), ate breakfast this morning (go lean, almond milk, blueberries, coffee) and was off to the gym for 9. I like more time between eating and lifting to avoid burping (kashi returns!), but then I'm starving. The bests lifts I've had are when I eat obscenely the night before :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

Sorry for being MIA. I don't usually check this over the weekend as I try not to get on a computer at home over the weekends. I was out yesterday with... drum roll please - a headache. Seems to be the norm around here these days. I was so sad to hear about Christina, but so happy to hear she is kicking that aneurysms butt. Her hubby seems like an awesome dude. My thoughts are with her and her family. So scary. Definitely goes to show you should pay attention to your body.

My ultrasound went really well. Good thing we didn't want to know the sex as the little bugger was laying on it's stomach the entire time. Glad one of us get's to lay on our tummy. :laugh: But the doctor said all looks good and is happy with the progress. I'll discuss it more with my actually Dr. at the end of the month. I'm starting to feel a bit of movement in there which I have to say is pretty freaking cool.

Other than that, I have to admit, my workout routine has just slowed down. Since I had a headache yesterday, I didn't make it to the gym, but am planning on going to lift Wednesday and Friday, which leaves 3 more workouts until I'm done, yay! I need to make it back to Yoga this week too.

Jen - We've had some rediculously amazing weather as of late. We're supposed to be in the mid 80's today, which is just perfect for us. Warm, but perfect. I definitely feel woozy, but I'm told that's part of being preggo haha. I did used to get woozy before pregnancy too... might be a combo of things. Cool tat idea!

Blue - Glad your headache is gone and yay for new runners. They really do make a difference.

That's all I can see/remember for now.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I always work out on an empty stomach as I tend to roll out of bed and head downstairs. On days that I'm not working I will have a protein bar and coffee an hour or so before heading down. I guess I have felt woozy on occasion but never really noticed a correalation with anything. I will sometimes have part of a protein shake if I'm feeling particularly hungry when I wake up. That's not too often tho. I tend to have low blood pressure and will often get dizzy when I get up quickly or in the middle of the night. The only time I ever felt physically sick during a workout was when the PT came over in the evening and it was first stage 3 workout with the BWM. I swore I would never work out at the end of the day ever again! It was a horrible feeling!

That's so exciting about your ultrasound Meg - that and you can start feeling some movement! It's nice that stage 7 is so short! You'll be done in no time - sure you don't want to do it again? :wink:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Ugh yes, once is enough for me :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I suppose you'll have a baby to take care of sooner rather than later--that'll be enough weightlifting over the course of a day! So exciting that the baby's starting to move!

I think the woozy is just me--lack of sleep surely isn't helping.
  • ramalem
    Options
    No joke about the weight lifting babies. My girlfriend and her husband and 6 month old came to stay with us over the weekend and it was definitely a workout just lifting that little bugger.

I tried doing a workout DVD yesterday and I think I've just decided I HATE workout DVD's. The commentary is always awful, and the music is terrible. :grumble: (I also can't stand working out with puny weights). I guess I'll just use it if I'm in a pinch, but I'm just so not motivated for the gym these days. Apparently, during the 2nd trimester I'm supposed to have all this crazy energy, but um I'm still waiting to see/find that ha ha.

I need some opinions from you ladies. I'm trying to figure out something fun to do for my birthday that isn't centered around a bar... I probably wouldn't even bother celebrating this year, but it's the big 3-0 and I decided I should probably do at least something... thoughts?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    For my 35th, I insisted we all go mini golfing. Wild times! Then we had dinner. I can't remember what I did for 30--I think just posh dinner. But yeah, I like to pair doing something like golfing, bowling, etc., with dinner so indeed, it's not about a bar or drinking or anything. It's about having fun with friends.

Mowed the lawn this morning, to that's my exercise. the humidity has finally broken. it's going to reach 90 today, but i can handle a nice dry 90 much better than a humid 90!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Oh ps - I was on FB this morning and saw that Christina's hubs broke her out of "prison" he he.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Considering she was supposed to be in there two weeks, that's amazing!

Big 3-0 eh Meg? I got nothing for ya LOL All my birthdays tend to be surrouded by booze :bigsmile: I like the bowling or mini golf ideas. Or maybe dinner theatre or comedy club?

Nice that the humidity is down Jen - I love the heat but can do with out the humidity! Supposed to be another glorious day here although they are calling for storms later this afternoon. I must remember I left my sunroof on the car open :smile:

Did my 2nd workout B this morning. I like that it's quick!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Good morning!

So it turned out I was wrong--I have another round of stage 4 this week, so I'll be done on Sat. The tattoo will have to wait. I'm supposed to call an artist who did some amazing work on my chiropractor and see if he can squeeze me in sometime this summer, as he's fully booked until September. Alas!

Gorgeous day here today. Going to hit the gym and then spend the afternoon with mom at a winery in one of the more quaint touristy towns in state. Have a lovely day!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That sounds like a great day Jen! A little bit of wine, a little bit of shopping - sounds perfect to me!

Not as nice here today :cry: But it is supposed to pick up by tomorrow and stay HOT - mid 80s - thru next week! Bring. It. On !! Too bad I have to work :sad:

Didn't exercise this morning - I thought we might go for a run but it was raining when the alarm went off so we turned over and went back to sleep :smile: Tomorrow I will get my 3rd lift of the week in. We're having friends over tomorrow night so there will be a few extra steps on the fit bit - not to mention the few extra cals from drinks and food :bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies.

Got my first lift of the week in yesterday and it felt great. I really like the even numbered workouts in stage 7. I might try and do them every once in awhile when I'm finished. Going to make it to yoga tonight and hopefully get another lift in tomorrow during lunch or Saturday AM.

Jen, your day sounds lovely. I am starting to really REALLY miss wine. I did allow myself to have a bit of champagne last weekend. I've had such a craving for it, I couldn't stand it. Remind me to try and avoid being pregnant in the summer next time. :grumble: I told my hubbie the second we can get out for date night post baby, we are going to a local restaurant and getting oysters and beef tartar and champagne and wine... a gal can dream.

Blue, sorry your weather sucks today. We are supposed to hit 90 this weekend which is too hot for me. Luckily, we are headed to the Oregon Coast on Sunday so it should be much cooler (65-70) which will feel really nice. I hate having to work when it's so nice outside. Such a bummer.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I'm sorry you miss wine, Meg! I'd miss it too. You'll have those oysters again soon enough! :)

We had a very nice day; tasted a dozen wines at the winery (each pour's about .5oz) and then had lunch. I took a nap on the couch in the early evening and then DH and I loafed about.

Today our phone rang at 530--a friend of ours was headed to the ER and DH went over there to watch their son. I offered to go but he told me to go back to bed. I managed to keep ignoring the meowing cats until 8! I never sleep until 8! So I owe him big time today!

Weather is again stunning--I'll probably get a walk in later, and then finish stage 4 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to reaching stage 7, Meg--seems in sight now!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Stage 4 complete!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Quiet weekend, eh? Well, in case you feel like your food's been fat free today, it's because I ate all of it--111 grams just today! approximately. the spouse and I indulged in appetizers for dinner. Tasty but only ok as a rarity :) When we were teenagers we'd do it with regularity. Those were the days, eh?
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I hear ya Jen! We did that up to about 5 years ago! Often times we'd order an appy platter in a restaurant - all the good stuff! Potato skins with tons of melted cheese, chicken wings, cheese sticks, and of course all the sauces to go with :bigsmile: OMG I'm hungry now! LOL 1/2 of one of those platters is probably more than my daily allowance! But oh, so good!

Our weekend did turn out to be quite quiet. The friends that came over Friday night were initially going to stay over but changed their plans at the last minute. Which was probably good because I didn't have the baileys and coffee, and mimosas that I had planned. We did pig out on snacks that night tho - so called 'healthy' snacks like baked chips and flavored rice cakes. All carbs!! I was good until they brought the snacks out LOL

I'm so tired of this yo-yo weight of mine, I've decided to go low carb - nothing too drastic but I've cut my breakfast berries serving in half and will use plain greek yogurt instead of the stirred yogurt I usually have. I'm going to use pumpkin seeds instead of bran for texture. I hope to cut my carbs in half from 150 to 75ish. It's not too hard either - the berries and cutting out the bran and my lunch time apple should do it. I will still eat all the veggies that I want and we'll see what happens by the end of the month. I would so love to break the 150 barrier and stay there!

Meg, have you tried the non-alcohol wines and coolers? The coolers and ciders I buy here are .5% alcohol and gives you the feeling of a drink without the hang over LOL How are you doing with the stage 7 weights? Did you drop them considerably or are you trying the 15 reps at max weight? I think my weights were too heavy which is why I struggled.

Good job on finishing stage 4 Jen!! I kind of like those short stages but felt like I was just getting used to the weights when the stage was over.

It's going to be a nice hot week again this week - YAY! Our summer fair starts on Friday so I think we're going to go and hang out and eat tons of garbage food (so much for low carb! LOL) We haven't gone in many, many years so it'll be fun to go and people watch. Hubby's not one for rides but that's OK. We'll get our exercise just walking around. I'll get a workout in that morning too and maybe do just a bit more cardio to compensate.

Happy Monday!! :drinker:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I couldn't make it low carb at all; hopefully it busts your plateau, though.

warm and humid here today. my walk this morning was more like a swim.

thanks for the congrats! i'm itching to start 5. I ended up booking a tattoo appointment at the soonest I could with the guy recommended by my chiro--Sept 12! So I'd like to have the whole thing wrapped up by then. Seems a wee unlikely.