Participant Updates and Introductions

Options
1235»

Replies

• auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've considered doing this before but always found it too daunting. November is going to be hard month for me, with lots of eating out because of foreign family visiting, and obviously Thanksgiving! But I want something difficult. And as shameful as it is, I don't think I've actually exercised for a month. Every time I start up again, I think to myself "this feels great, why did I stop?" but then life gets stressful and exercise is the first thing I cut from my schedule. That needs to change!! I really haven't been focused since around June; I maintained until around the start of September and since then I've been gaining. Happy to be a part of the group and hopeful for change in my body!
  • fsuseminolegal
    fsuseminolegal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, my main goal of this month: establish good habits/routine! Weight-loss is the by-products :-)
  • ChiliP43
    Options
    Hi my name is Mel and I think I have been under my calorie requirements once in all the times I have been on MFP so this should be pretty interesting challenge for me but I am looking forward to it.
  • SgtBA_Diana
    SgtBA_Diana Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello!! This is my 1st UAC & I'm looking forward to it. I finished doing a DietBet hosted by Jillian Michaels & met my goal. Accountability works for me so I want to keep the momentum going. My goal is to drop at least 4lbs by the end of the challenge. I will do it & I know everyone on this challenge will meet his/her challenge. Positivity peeps!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I joined and while I did not do the practice days, I did watch what I was doing. Boy am I glad I have TOM starting on the first day so that I have that really bad week out of the way. The problem will be that week will be during the holiday time in Nov. Yikes! I'm hoping this challenge will keep me on track though as that TOM yoyo is starting to annoy me. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Jess. I've joined this challenge a few times and successfully completed it once, having lost about 8 pounds. I have (unfortunately) regained it and I am ready to start again.

I'm a little wary about how well I'm going to do this month. I am starting NaNoWriMo for the first time ever today and all that writing means a whole lot of sitting. I plan to utilize my elliptical to ensure that I get in my 20 minutes a day.
  • Hi I'm audrey. This is my first time to the challenge and I'm excited! Never have gone longer than 1 week of staying on track! Thanks for setting up the group! I hope my jeans get looser!
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Gus (Augusta). November will be my fourth UAC. So far I have lost 41 pounds and I feel so much better than I did on August 1 when I very tentatively signed up for my first challenge.

This means that I have stuck to caradae's rules of staying in my calorie goal, exercising at least 20 minutes a day and tracking everything for almost 100 days in a row now.

Newbies, all of you can do this. Just make the challenge a priority in your life. Tell people - they will understand if you don't take a piece of birthday cake or want to go out for pizza in the evening. Most of the world needs to lose weight and I have found my friends and family really helpful and kind when I tell them I cannot eat something. Days like today, when I know we are having pizza for dinner, I will really watch what I eat for lunch and sometime before dinner, I will plug in different amounts of pizza on the Fitness Pal food diary until I know exactly how much I can eat and still stay within my calorie goals.

When I dusted off the aerodyne bike on August 1 and set the timer for 20 minutes, I knew I was in trouble. I completed a 20-minute slowish pedal and then recovered on the couch for another 15 minutes. It was awful. But I repeated it the next day because I didn't want to fail myself on my very first day. By the end of the month, 20 minutes on the bike was a breeze, so I upped my exercise to 30 minutes in September, and then 40 minutes on the bike in October. I will be upping that to 45 minutes in November. The bike is easy for me to do because it is right at home and I can get on when I want, whether it is 8 in the morning or 10 at night (I have done both).

I love the accountability of checking in every day, so I never get off track and never "fudge" the day, like I used to do on Weight Watchers when I only checked in once a week. Also, I am a very stubborn person and I don't want to get "kicked off the island," so I stay with the program. Use your own stubborn streak to stay with the program.

My goal is to lose another 10 pounds in November. I wish the greatest success to all and hope that we all complete the program November 30.

Again, thank you, caradae, for a great program that really works for me.
  • sunflowertimes
    sunflowertimes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Emma and looking forward to being held accountable - especially at the weekends! Need to shift 20lbs and all help appreciated....

Weekends are my hardest time too!
  • SummerIsis
    SummerIsis Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jeni and I'm super excited about this challenge. I do really well with my calories but I don't necessarily exercise every.single.day so this is my motivation. Thanks for coming up with such a cool idea! :) jeni.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Hello "Old Timers" and "Newbies"

My name is Judy. October was my first UAC and I made it through to the end!! The October challenge MADE me move everyday. I was consistently working out 3 days a week, but would most assuredly take the weekends OFF. Not anymore!! For the first time, I did at least 20 minutes everyday. I lost a total of 4 pounds during October. I KNOW it was because of this challenge.

I was a little hesitant about signing up for November, because of Thanksgiving. I'm from the South where all holiday foods are delicious (by that I mean loaded with F-A-T) and usually casserole type dishes with everything thrown in....YUMMY!!!

THANK YOU CARADAE!! :flowerforyou:
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am out, family emergency, can not spare the time to commit to this at the moment, good luck to you all, very sad time at the moment, my food is going in the right direction but do not have the time to log in . Do not give in!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I am out, family emergency, can not spare the time to commit to this at the moment, good luck to you all, very sad time at the moment, my food is going in the right direction but do not have the time to log in . Do not give in!

Oh Margie so sad to hear this!! Please keep us posted on whatever the outcome!! HUGS coming your way!! :bigsmile: