Daily Accountability

Options

Replies

• jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I"ve been forgetting to check in here but I've still been working out like a good girl.

Jake-you remind me of my hubby. He was a major hard core gamer too. He got dx with type 2 diabetes a couple months ago though and he's done a total 180. He's down 40 lb already.

Carrie - Thats awsome. very proud of him.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    The reason I do T25 started again today! Yay for a new season of fencing. My main motivation behind starting this program was to keep up and possibly even improve my fitness during fencing off season. I plan to stick with it to hero improve my fencing but I am very excited to be back on the piste. We had a small group today as some people are still away on holiday and it always takes a few sessions to remind your muscles what fencing requires after the off season but I was impressed with how well I was able to keep up with my coach today. He is a pentathlete so is super fit (although he had a bad year last year as it started with a bad fall and injury) and for me to keep up with him is a rare occurrence.

I'm also full of energy again even though I still have a long week to work before I get a break. I spent a day on the couch watching TV which was amazingly rejuvenating plus the added happy hormones from fencing. A couple of other good things happened today to help, one was the fact that I got a wetsuit at a good price and the size I could just not squeeze into last time I was looking fits really nicely today. I'm still not gonna jump back into T25 until Monday (or maybe Sunday with stretch) but I will be going for a swim tomorrow (I am aiming to do a 5 km ocean swim next year so need to train for that too).

Congrats to all those pushing through with the workouts. I will be back with you soon.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Well, I had some fun playing with my HRM. I didn't get all I wanted in it, but it will suffice for me. I bought a Omron HR-100C back in Nov and am finally going to put it use. I did have to shorten the chest strap (at its preset it was still lose enough that it would slide down to my waist! So I shorten the strap 1") I set it to my low HR of 89 beat and high of 159 beats. I may adjust my low for the T25 workouts to ensure I am at a least 60%-70% minimum; 50% just seems too low.

My huge "yay" of the day was in doing my research I found a site with the V02 and V02max on it. I took the sitting/resting test and rated excellent for my age range so I did the 3 min step test and still rated excellent for my age range!

My "well, darn" of the day is I don't burn as much doing the T25 as I have been posting. Since I am starting Gamma next week I guess I won't rework the Alpha and Beta routines for accuracy.

Oh, other yay for the day, the replacement part for hot water heater arrived today! With install grace, I will be taking a HOT shower tonight! YES, no more sink baths.
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to join this group! I started T25 last week, but I wasn't following the schedule and was just seeing what the routines were all about. I did Insanity when I was on maternity leave and dropped all the baby weight, feeling awesome. Then I went back to work, stopped working out and watching my diet and managed to put on 15 pounds over the past year. :( I don't have time for the Insanity workouts and am woefully out of shape now so I thought T25 would be perfect to jump back in with.

My favorite routine so far has definitely been Alpha speed. I love the little stretch breaks in between the cardio segments! I've found that I burn between 200 and 250 per workout. Considering that I do them first thing in the morning before the baby wakes up and always manage to get in a 1 to 2 mile walk in at some point during the day at work I'm hoping it helps me lose the weight.

I love me some Shaun T! Get it!
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Lezerlies-welcome to the group! I'm about halfway through Beta now and I really love Shaun T now too! These workouts I want to stick with unlike others I've tried. Alpha Speed is one of my favorites too.

Warrior-did you get your hot shower?? Sink baths sound terrible!!!

Captain-great news on the fencing! I think I haven't really gotten stronger but then I pick up something that used to be heavy and it isn't anymore. It's pretty sweet. and a 5 km ocean swim? Very cool!

Jenni-great news on the weight loss girl!! Keep it up!

Did Upper Focus tonight. I really like that workout. Didn't modify anything but the pushups-still have to do those on my knees. Someday I'll be able to do old school pushups again.
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! TGIF - we're almost there! I did Alpha Cardio today to finish out my week. So excited to do my measurements tomorrow and have a couple days off! I hope I've made good progress so far. I am noticing that the workouts don't seem AS hard as they did last round. They're certainly not easy, but I don't think I might die mid-workout anymore either - yay!

@Lezerlies - welcome and good luck with T25 - we have a great group here!

@warrior - praying for an easy install. how's the hot water situation?

@Carrie - thanks! and congrats on your NSVs of getting stronger!

@Caption - fencing is so cool! never tried it, but I've always thought it was a graceful looking sport - good luck this season :)
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    Friday's double ended up being a Statuday double feature! Did speed 2.0 followed by Ript Circuit. Less that 5 min into Speed 2.0 my heart rate was consistently above 159; meaning I was working it in my 90% max heart range! Supposedly 178 is my max heart rate and I got to 174 at least once! Heart Rate during RC much lower, got above 159 with weights but the rest of the time I was in the 130/140 range.

As for my Stats - I am on the fence on how I feel! Over all I did loss some weight from my last weigh in 12-16, but I am still 3# heavier than 11-27-13, grrrr. My measurements we mostly larger than 12-14-13, yet I am seeing more definition in my abs. However I honestly can not cry or complain as I knowing allowed myself 3 weeks to wallow in my pity party.

Monday begins Gamma for me. I 4 weeks of my '14 fast ahead of me so I will keep with my program and hitting play!

Carrie - Hot water back as of Thursday night, oh my I forgot how delicious a hot shower is!!

Lezerlies - welcome to T25, it is a great program!
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Been a rough weekend for me-worked 9p-7a last night/this morning on 1 1/2 hrs of sleep :( Napped off and on today so still very tired but the hubby motivated me to workout tonight still. Did Core Speed for the 1st time-that one is a butt kicker! But a good workout for sure. I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight.
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So I was all excited that I lost 2.5 pounds my first week doing T25 but then I weighed myself this week and didn't lose anything. I'm hoping it's just water retention from sore muscles. Did anyone else here have a total weight loss stall near the beginning of the program?
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    Gamma 3.0 nailed me! 'Nuff said. I am going to have to get creative for modifying the burpees in this one.

Lezerlies - a stall in weight loss is not uncommon. Keep in mind initial weight loss in any diet/work out is going to be water. You have shocked your body and now it is adjusting. It can go in to a semi-starvation mode (especially if you are REstrircting your calories or if you are eating enough and consuming enough water it will begin to work on burning fat. Stick to it, if you don't see weight loss and muscle definition by the end of Alpha then begin to fine tune your macros. We are here for you, cheering you on!!
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Core cardio kicked my *kitten* tonight! I still have no energy :P

Lezerlies-Give it a bit, but I had a stall too and had to readjust my calories down a bit. I'm at another stall right now and I'm going to start only eating back 1/2 of what I burn instead of all of it.
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    Rip't UP is my new best friend! That work out rocks and is a challenge I will revel in the day I can say Nailed It!

Carrie - great job with CC! and with adjusting your calories to move you from your stall!
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Upper Focus done! My arms are burning...
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    Whew, Extreme Circuit again is a fabulous challenge, I kind of sort of nailed it in my modified way!:tongue: LOL

Carrie - stunning effort on the Upper Focus! WTG!

Enjoy your Wednesday all!
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started T25 on 12/13, which means I just started Beta TODAY. I've only lost 1 pound, but I've lost 4.5 inches. I just joined MFP today because I had a sinking feeling that I'm not eating enough and that's what the deal is with my poor weight loss. I'm happy to be here!
  • wpwarrior88
    Options
    GAMMA is the BOMB!!! Wow! I have finished my first week, all 4 DVDs and like them ALL! Speed 3.0 will be my task master, but I vow to rise up and master it!!! YEA baby! That being said, today must be an off day for me. My HR only averaged 110 on the ET normally I am running 139. Energy was waining at the beginning of the Pyramid but then came back to me : )

I have been meaning to add this - Marlena looks PHENOMENAL in gamma, what a change from Beta. and, Holy cats can Scott sweat!

I am soooooo looking forward to Staturday! I believe I am going to see some movement. I resisted the scale again this morning - small victory for me!

MrsBenTarr - WELCOME!! congrats on starting Beta today. You could be right with cal intake. If we don't feed our body enough it will go into starvation mode. We are a fun group with assorted backgrounds and will do what we can to cheer you on and encourage you to make the changes you need. WTG on the inches you lost in 5 weeks!! A-Ma-Zing!!!

Have a stupendous day, all! Keep pressing play.....
  • MrsBenTarr
    Options
    Did Speed 2.0 today... WHEW! I was able to keep up most of the time, but sometimes my legs got all confused moving from one move to the other. So far, so good. I was on point with my food, too -- it was nice to be able to eat some additional food!

I have a meeting this afternoon and it's a buffet dinner. I AM NOT going to drink, I AM NOT going to eat dessert, and I'm going to make healthy food choices! Wish me luck!

PS: Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Warrior-great job with Gamma!! I love your enthusiasm. I think I'm going to do another round of Alpha and Beta before starting Gamma though.

MrsBenTarr-GL at the dinner! And great job with Speed 2.0! It took me a bit to get used to that too but now I love it.

I'm almost done with week 3 of Beta! Crazy how the time flies! Did Speed 2.0 yesterday and will do Rip't Circuit tonight after work. I'm starting to see the scale move in the right direction now so feeling very encouraged by that as well.
  • MrsBenTarr
    Options
    Carrie -- Know what you mean about the scale not moving. I only lost one pound during Alpha (I think that it also had something to do with Christmas LOL), but I am on here now and tracking, so I think I'll start to see the scale move.

I DID gain a 1/2 inch in my thigh during Alpha. What's that all about?
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    I DID gain a 1/2 inch in my thigh during Alpha. What's that all about?

Gaining muscle I would assume? That does suck though. My thighs are big and it's so hard for me to lose anything from them.

I worked out over the weekend, since I took off Friday for not feeling well. Did Core Speed tonight and I felt awesome afterwards! What a great burn.