Daily Accountability

Options

Replies

• jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Cute, One of teh disks "I forget Alpha or Beta has a plank set where you just stay in Plank for like 1 min. I had my 4 year old laying on my back, my puppy sitting in front of me trying to lick my face. It was very akward minute.

Memories...
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I pushed todays workout to the evening as the ocean was prefect this morning and I just had to swim! The surfers were all sulking at the flat calm and it was epic visibility. I would have loved to spend the whole day there but work called.

The other reason I waited was I hoped the extra hours would help my calves. They are really not happy with this workout regime especially when I have to walk down stairs (which is often at work). Its not injury sore, just really worked hard sore. My glutes feel it too, but more a kind of I can tell we did some work kind of tender. Anyone else have sore calves? How long till they acclimatise to my new routine?

TBC awaits me this evening...
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had to work at my firm's corporate event last night. I didn't get home until after 9pm. I was exhausted, but I popped in a disc and completed both CLX Push Circuit 2 and T25 Beta Speed 2.0. I burned around 480 cals. It was great.

I'm a bit worried though. At times, but heartrate rose into the 170s. I felt fine, but my "zone" shouldn't exceed 165bpm. In order to keep up with the cast and push hard, that's where my heart likes to go. :/
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Ok, I survived even though planks and I are not friends. I suppose I can only get better at this.

Another question, for doubling on Fridays, do you do both workouts one after the other or one in the morning and one in the evening?
  • morange66
    Options
    Beta Rip't Circuit & Speed 2.0
    Didn't do all that great on Rip't Circuit today so I did Speed 2.0 thinking I would push harder, which didn't happen. I still had a pretty good calorie burn but my heart wasn't in it today. Still and all I pushed thru which was better than just blowing it off. Did I mention that I turned 47 today - kinda sucked. But hey I guess it's better than having no birthday at all :)

jakeyuma - WOW - sounds like you tore it up today :)

CaptainBoing - My calves still get burn like heck during the workouts but not usually sore afterwards. My glutes however are sore the day after I do the deadlifts. I usually do the doubles back to back mostly because that is when I have the time to do them both. The planks are still tough for me & I still can't do a regular push-up.

powerpuff - Great job on working out so late and not just passing on it! My heart rate has gone as high as 97% which scared the crap out of me I usually stay between 80-87%. I have to work quite a bit harder to keep at 80% or higher so T25 must be working:) I don't know what my "zone" is there is so much conflicting info about 'target range' that I just make sure I can't carry on a conversation and go with that. I did talk with my doctor about it and she assured me I there would be signs if I need to slow down. I just wanted to make sure there would be signs before I dropped dead 'cause there are times when I feel like Shaun T is trying to kill me :laugh:
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability T25 Gamma Week 3 Day 3 Extreme Circuit + Core Speed. I did very well on EC still have to mod some of the planks/push-ups. Nailed Core Speed. Burned 800+ cal. Just got back from a quick trip to San Diego and my new weights arrived:) NO MORE BANDS..WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain - When I first started T25 round 1 and most of round 2 I did the double workout Saturday morning. Now I do doubles 2-3 times a week and run them back to back.
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Captain-I had some soreness for the 1st week, then I was ok. I don't double on Fridays-just don't have time. So I just do the 2nd workout on Saturday.

Jake-yay for weights!!

Morange-happy birthday!!

AFM-didn't do Abs yesterday since I had a horrible headache and just felt crummy. I ate like crap too and was still down a pound this morning :) Did TBC tonight and totally nailed it. Really looking forward to starting Beta next week.
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Morange...Happy Birthday!!!

Carrie...I dont do doubles either I try to do the extra one on sat or sunday also...

Jakeyuma...800 calories ummmm AWESOME!!!

Captain...I am not friends with plank either LOL...

I did Total Body Circuit today...It does not seem to be getting easier...I really can not do a pushup to save my life I have tried and even worked hard on my upper body but still cant do even one...so I modify all the pushups and plank moves including the plank walk and spider things...It sucks because a lot of total body circuit is planks and pushups and I feel as if I am just wasting my time any tips as to what I can do instead that can work the same muscles while Shaun T is doing all those pushups and planks I just dont feel as if even modifying it is worth it...
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note, I have not left you all!

My uncle passed away on the 15th. His service will be tomorrow the 20th. At this rate I won't be able to head home until Sat and get home Sunday.

While I brought my T25, being with my parents and having all the cleaning and arrangements to work on has been more than I anticipated. I am not getting time away. So when I return home I will re-start week 5 of Beta.

They say it takes 30 days to make a habit, I though I was addicted to this but I find that I really haven't missed working out these last few days!! What's up with that!

Miss you all! I can't wait to have time to read all your posts! Keep nailing your workouts!!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability T25 Gamma Week 3 Day 4 "Pyramid" Hit it hard! Pyramid is my Gamma version of TBC. I made it through the planks all 11 tiers to fail on the push-ups. I did push to tier 7 1/2 on push-ups. Working my way to all 11 tiers. By the end I could hardly do a modified Push-up. I so wanted to include a speed workout but ran out of time this morning:( So glad to have some weights to use again.

Burned 278 Cals.

Carrie - Way to nail TBC!!! I am so jealous.

Lexlyn - TBC/Planks/Push-ups are hard. When I first started T25 and most of the first round I could not make it through those sections of the vids. I mad the goal of doing 1 extra move each time I did the video. Then I found the 30 day Burpee Challenge and tried that. It was very hard but helped, I followed that by a 30 day plank challenge. Adding these to my work-outs helped my upper body and now I am able to do more push-ups, more planks. Its hard and it hurts but it is doable. Try searching the 30 day plank challenge. Do that 1 or two times. It will help. If you want to try the challenge let me know and I will do it with you.

WPWarrior - Sorry to hear about your Uncle. I am guessing you are not missing working out because you have more important things on your mind at the moment.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    Options
    Completed Rip't Circuit last night. First time. Burned just over 200 cals. I wasn't sure which weights to use. I opted for 7.5 lbs. What is everyone else using? I may use 10 lbs next time. My arm strength has increased greatly from completing Chalean Extreme last month.

morange - You are correct about the conflicting information regarding target heart rate. I made the mistake of looking this information up and scared myself that I would break my heart! Haha. But I guess mine is fine, as it recovers quickly. I also figure that if that's what my heart needs to do to keep up with this workout, then it must be fine. After all, we're supposed to keep up! Also, happy belated!

jake - You're making me extremely envious of your calorie burns! That's amazing. Good job!

lexlyn - Just keep at it. Your upper body strength will improve! Four months ago, I couldn't do a single military pushup. Now I can do 12ish with my chest grazing the floor! I never thought I'd get there, but I did. You will too. I found Tony Horton's tips on proper form very helpful. Here's a link to him explaining well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFVD7-2dx0. Pushing your knees up towards the ceiling and driving your heels back is what made the difference for me! And keep your abs tight! You also don't have to go down all the way, just as low as you can.

Does anyone else suffer from hamstring pain? I almost feel like I pulled it. It seems that no matter what I try, I can't seem to stretch it enough (I'm pretty flexible). It's becoming a bit of a hindrance, but not enough to stop me. Just annoying and uncomfortable.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    And I am finished day 4 without feeling completely finished. We'll see how I feel after tomorrows double. Glad it us my off day then!

The good news is that my calves where not so unhappy with the stairs today. I have noticed that my stronger leg (leading leg in fencing and not the one with the sprained able in July) was more sore which I didn't expect.

I got in some of my style weight workout today because I used my little Burmese python for interaction. He is little because he is smaller than the other Burmese (who is 26kgs to the smaller 12kgs) but he is by far the biggest we use for interaction, as most of them are less than 1.5 kgs. Holding a moving 12 kgs for about an hour is a good workout! Those are times when I really love my job.

I have no idea of my heart rate or how many calories I burn as I have no gadgets for that kind of thing yet. I log this as aerobics but I don't eat many of my exercise calories back anyway.

I plan to get some weights before I move onto Beta but I still have time to look around and I don't shop at this time of year.
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    wpwarrior...so sorry about your uncle...Take it easy T25 will be there waiting for you...

Jakeyuma...I am going to look up the challenge if I do it I will let you know and we can do it together...Thanks so much...

powerpuffgirl...I love the name!!! I am going to look up the tony horton link...If I can do just one correctly I will feel accomplished!!!

I cheated today...I wanted to try ript circuit...I felt so crazy going out of order but YOLO...Anyway I love ript circt so much better for me thatn TBC I also did Speed 2.0 LOVED IT!!!

So I decide I would change it up and just do my favorite T25 dvds...I hope it works for me...I picked 3 cardio and 2 strenght videos to balance things...Tell me what you think i am now going to do...

Mon...T25 Alpha Cardio
    Tue...T25 Alpha TBC
    Wed...T25 Beta Speed 2.0
    Thur...T25 Beta Ript Circuit
    Fri...T25 Core Speed (that is the bonus dvd you get)

I Find that theses are the dvds I really like the most...The other ones I am zoning out and just trying to get thru it...
    Any input would be awesome!!!!
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability T25 Gamma Week 4 Day 5 "Speed 3.0, Core Speed, Extreme Circuit"

Well I had a lot of fun today completing my first Triple. I nailed all 3 videos. Took Kepts advice and did my speed workouts first followed by strength. I was able to maintain an avg 140 on the extreme workout. This was a jump of 23 points on my HR and over 100 extra calories burned. I burned 1159 calories this AM. This was the first time breaing the 1000 calorie mark.. WOOT!! Now, If I am able to complete 3 workouts in a row, I should be able to push a lot harder on the days I only do 1 I would think.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    @Jake: 3! Wow, that's impressive.

I made it through the double of cardio and lower focus. My legs were burning and I did some modify because my ankle got messed up this year and it doesn't like too much jumping. I need to try and do my Friday doubles in the morning as I have more energy then, but today that didn't fit in and I still made it.

Totally impressed that I made it through the first week. Looking forward to a slight break over the weekend, even though I will be working all weekend.
  • Carrie_P81
    Options
    Jake-holy crap, congrats on a triple! Good job.

Warrior-so sorry for your loss. :( Don't worry about working out right now.

AFM-did Cardio yesterday. Supposed to do TBC again tonight but my son was kind enough to share his germs with me :( I'm not super sick, just feeling run down enough to not want to work out at all and my throat is killing me. I might skip tonight and do it tomorrow, we'll see how I feel when I get home from work.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    Options
    So I finally received my copy of P90X3 yesterday. Of course I had to try a workout! I skipped T25 and opted for the X3 The Warrior workout. Wow. Talk about planks, pushups and burpees! The 30 mins flew right by though! Faster than T25's 25 mins. I was shocked. I can tell that this is going to be a challenging program. I'm not buying the marketing hype that it's for everyone, even beginners. You definitely need some prior conditioning. I'm excited.

I also pushed through with CLX Push Circuit 3. Burned a total of 450 cals for the evening. Not too shabby.

I'm going to bust out a couple Beta doubles tonight. I believe Dynamic Core and Upper Focus.
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Accountability Staturday "Bah Humbug"

This week 1 gained 2 pounds and gained 2 inches on my chest. Not what I was expecting. I am guessing the chest gains is due to all the weights in Gamma and probably the extra burpees, planks, and push-ups from all the speed workouts I was doing. I think I will cut my calories by 300 and see if that helps. Maybe not eat back as many workout calories.

Happy Saturday all. Its a rest day but I may sneak in a few videos before my drive to San Diego to pick up my exchange student.
  • morange66
    Options
    STATurday
    Well I just finished week 5 of Beta and all total for the Alpha/Beta rounds I lost 1 pound & 11 inches. I am not sure what I am going to do next, either start over with Alpha or do the Gamma Hybrid. My upper strength is still not where it needs to be for all the planks & burpees which indicates that I probably need to start over with Alpha. If I do that I think I will replace cardio & speed 1.0 with speed 2 or 3 & core cardio from Beta. Any input is welcome as I am just not sure which way to go.
    Everybody have a great day :)