December 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options

I got a chilly 2.1 mile lunch walk in, but it felt great!! ...if you don't count those three times I flailed wildly trying to recover from slipping on the ice and almost going down... :laugh:

Dave

tumblr_ltc5ps4W5x1qzl5pa.gif

It's funny when it's someone else :laugh: :laugh:

LOL!! :laugh: Yes! I was awful close....first time surprised the heck out of me and I was really close to biting it, but I was more ready the other times...quietly admiring my almost cat-like reflexes. (Probably not as graceful as I imagined though. hahah) :bigsmile::laugh:
    kitten-is-scared-by-lizard.gif

Dave
  • postolache
    postolache Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Dec 1: 2.84km - Orienteering
    Dec 2: 6.35km - Walk to work
    Dec 3: 13.63km - Walk to work
    Dec 4: 8.17km - Walk to work
    Dec 5: 8.00km - Walk to work
    Dec 6: 9.02km - Walk to work

Total: 48.02 km

QZRBp2.png
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    2.5 miles today.Doing day 3 of week 6 c25k. I almost didn't do anything I have been pushing my body pretty hard, and woke up with a lot of pain, ankle joint, hip joint, si joint all on right side. (It's my bad side, all kinds of things wrong with it.) But after I weighed myself and saw I lost two pounds this week, I was motivated to try it out at least, so I made it through the 22 min run, but the walking was really tough after that, so I didn't do any added walking.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    My Yaktrax just came in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to try them out!
    @laura:
    You're gonna love them! :drinker:
    Can't wait to read a review! :wink:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I'm a little overwhelmed how fast this thread moves. Hard to keep up!

I did my 23 mile marathon training run and I think I'm ready
    exercise.png
    JANET - WOW! A 23 mile run is amazing!!!! Mad props to you!!! :drinker:

PIGOTE - And almost 9 miles is an awful lot of walking in one day too!!! :drinker:

TEXERUS - WIshing you all the best on your Physical Fitness Test this Saturday! I hope you don't experience any difficulties from your surgeries. Those PFTs are stressful enough without having that to worry about on top of it. I spent nearly 8 years in the USMC and we had to do those PFTs semi-annually. I never looked forward to them no matter what sort of shape I was in. :noway:

RHBABILON - Welcome! My best suggestion would be to check out the Couch-to-5K program & app (c25k.com) or create some similar plan of Run/Walk intervals where you start off all walking, then mostly walking and running a little, then gradually over time (many weeks) increasing the run intervals so that little by little you work towards running more than walking, until finally you can run an entire 5K without walking. It's hands-down the best way to ease into running! :smile:

SPEEDYF - Great job! I enjoy the winter stuff too! I wish I could have a little more sure footing though. I have considered getting some YakTrax, but I fear with my size that they wouldn't last very long.

TBEE1966 - LOL! Hey, my GPS is always on so you bet I'm counting the distance sliding on the ice! :laugh:

BECKYANN1971 - Congrats on the 2lb loss and glad you're still at it! But just be careful...if the plan is progressing too much at any point, it is* okay to repeat a week. There's no shame or harm in that. Let your body catch up. I don't want you to get injured...plus it shouldn't hurt to run. :flowerforyou:

Love to see all the updates!!! Still a few people that have yet to report any miles though....might be time for me to make some rounds.... :wink:
    tumblr_mnh2vqRK211rw1wnno1_400.gif
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be lurking and updating here and there.

Dave

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Little walk at lunch today, yeah! Tummy feeling better, so hoping for a real workout tomorrow.

12/6: 1.1 miles

exercise.png
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    12/6 2.34 miles Turbo Jam

Total: 5.87 miles

exercise.png
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    TM to Date as of 12/6 = 16.6

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Love to see all the updates!!! Still a few people that have yet to report any miles though....might be time for me to make some rounds.... :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I soooooo :heart: this!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is too cute!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Will still push for the usual 1000 miles, but have some severe weather on its way over

01-12: 91.06 miles
    02-12: 50.33 miles
    03-12: 50.18 miles
    04-12: 50.33 miles
    05-12: 51.44 miles
    06-12: 51.41 miles
    December miles: 344.75

YTD miles: 14646
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    Thank you! You are absolutely right! That's why I will be taking the whole weekend off from any workout. If its not enough I will take more time. I definitely don't want to be at a place of not being able to walk. The miles,hours and cals burned aren't worth that!
    I'm a little overwhelmed how fast this thread moves. Hard to keep up!

I did my 23 mile marathon training run and I think I'm ready
    exercise.png
    JANET - WOW! A 23 mile run is amazing!!!! Mad props to you!!! :drinker:

PIGOTE - And almost 9 miles is an awful lot of walking in one day too!!! :drinker:

TEXERUS - WIshing you all the best on your Physical Fitness Test this Saturday! I hope you don't experience any difficulties from your surgeries. Those PFTs are stressful enough without having that to worry about on top of it. I spent nearly 8 years in the USMC and we had to do those PFTs semi-annually. I never looked forward to them no matter what sort of shape I was in. :noway:

RHBABILON - Welcome! My best suggestion would be to check out the Couch-to-5K program & app (c25k.com) or create some similar plan of Run/Walk intervals where you start off all walking, then mostly walking and running a little, then gradually over time (many weeks) increasing the run intervals so that little by little you work towards running more than walking, until finally you can run an entire 5K without walking. It's hands-down the best way to ease into running! :smile:

SPEEDYF - Great job! I enjoy the winter stuff too! I wish I could have a little more sure footing though. I have considered getting some YakTrax, but I fear with my size that they wouldn't last very long.

TBEE1966 - LOL! Hey, my GPS is always on so you bet I'm counting the distance sliding on the ice! :laugh:

BECKYANN1971 - Congrats on the 2lb loss and glad you're still at it! But just be careful...if the plan is progressing too much at any point, it is* okay to repeat a week. There's no shame or harm in that. Let your body catch up. I don't want you to get injured...plus it shouldn't hurt to run. :flowerforyou:

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be lurking and updating here and there.

Dave

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Had forgotten how hard Tarmac was until the 16 mile mark, going down hard on the knee and elbow, cutting both and the usual road graze. Managed the remaining 15 miles to work OK and kept moving at work to reduce any seizing up. Seems to have worked as 21 miles home was fine. Might be more interesting in the morning, but still expecting to get a ride in before 7.30
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    3.7 miles added today

exercise.png
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    December 6, Friday - 3.5 miles on the stationary bike today

December total miles = 11.5 of 40.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    To SIMPLY_MYSELF:
    Hope your knee gets better, and SLOW progress is the way to go!
  • Tbee1966
    Tbee1966 Posts: 123
    Options
    Had forgotten how hard Tarmac was until the 16 mile mark, going down hard on the knee and elbow, cutting both and the usual road graze. Managed the remaining 15 miles to work OK and kept moving at work to reduce any seizing up. Seems to have worked as 21 miles home was fine. Might be more interesting in the morning, but still expecting to get a ride in before 7.30

Ouch!! sounds painful. Hope all is well in the morning
  • Tbee1966
    Tbee1966 Posts: 123
    Options
    My Yaktrax just came in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to try them out!

Always fun to get new things. Let me know how you like them
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    @dcmat:
    Ouch!!! :noway: I hope for you it won't be too painful in the morning. :ohwell:
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    3.3 for today

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.