Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

December workout reports

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Last night was my Upper Body "heavy" night. It was a really good workout.

Deadlifts:

Warm Up Sets - 95lbs 1x5, 125lbs 1x3, 155lbs 1x3

Working Set - 185lbs 1x5 - PR! Woo-Hoo!!!

Bench Press:

Warm Up Sets - 55lbs1x5, 75lbs 1x3

Working Sets - 83.5lbs 3x5

Overhead Press:

Warm Up Set - 45lbs 1x5

Working Sets - 57.5lbs 3x5

Dips: 3x6

Barbell Curls (narrow grip) 50lbs 3x5

This week is going to unfortunately be it for me for the year for "structured" workouts, as I am going to be out of town for the holiday which is good but bad in the sense that I won't be able to workout. :sad: I haven't taken a week off in 2 years. Used to do so every couple months but found I NEVER came back stronger so stopped doing so. That said, after hitting all my reps this workout I would normally increase my weight/s but will probably keep everything where it's at when I start up again next year.

Thrilled about my Deadlifts!!! I have set a goal to hit 200 lbs by my 40th birthday (which is next month). I have no doubts I'll hit it. I'm pretty sure I could 1RM it now but would really like to hit it for reps, so will continue to progress the weights 2.5-5lbs every week as I have been doing. Will be able to get a few workouts in next week so will probably work on form on some things and will probably give 190lbs a shot. That would be 1.5x my bodyweight which would be a big deal for me to hit that milestone before the end of the year.

Okay, I'll stop rambling! :laugh:

Happy lifting ladies!
  • wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member

Thrilled about my Deadlifts!!! I have set a goal to hit 200 lbs by my 40th birthday (which is next month). I have no doubts I'll hit it. I'm pretty sure I could 1RM it now but would really like to hit it for reps, so will continue to progress the weights 2.5-5lbs every week as I have been doing. Will be able to get a few workouts in next week so will probably work on form on some things and will probably give 190lbs a shot. That would be 1.5x my bodyweight which would be a big deal for me to hit that milestone before the end of the year.

Okay, I'll stop rambling! :laugh:

Happy lifting ladies!

Nice!!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Hooray for deadlift PRs leadfoot!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Nice!!
    Hooray for deadlift PRs leadfoot!

Thank you so much! :smile:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Yay for prs! And also for a break. You'll be back and raring to go!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Yesterday evening's workout:

Squats: 92 5x5
    OHPs: 50 5x5 (I was shocked about this)
    Rows 60 5x5

I have slight OHP-related fear from hitting myself with the bar.:blushing: So I was happy that I didn't do that last night.

After my lifts I promptly wolfed down a chicken gyro. So delicious.:love:
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Yay Leadfoot!

So much rawr up in here!

Wendler, cycle 4, week 2
    OHP
    1x3 @ 70
    1x3 @ 80
    1x3 @90

Someone was waiting for the rack, so I did
    5x10 @ 20 lb dumbbell overhead press (20 in each hand)

3x10 assisted pullups and dips. Was able to drop my assistance by 5 pounds, and since I'm pretty sure I've gained a few pounds (I am on a scale break :) ), must mean I am getting stronger! Woot!
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Lunch workout today:

Squat: 115lbs all 5 of 5
    BP: 85 lbs all 5 of 5 but man did I struggle with the last 2 reps of the last 2 sets!

Didn't do rows today because I ran out of time :grumble: I think I'll add it to my next workout.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Workout A for me today

Squats 5x5 @95
    Bench 5x5 @ 100 (deload after 3rd fail last week....:sad: :sad: :sad: First deload from non injury stuff...)

Not sure why that 5lbs is such a big deal wow...pounded out these reps no issues at all....:noway:

Rows 5x5 @ 100

Putting on some Eminem for my workout today...something different...

it starts with his song "Not afraid"....how appropriate moved along to other stuff...Classified...Yah

Nice lifts Lead...I wish I could say I was hitting 200lb DL before YE..but with my injury and 85lb deload not gonna happen...

I will be happy now to just progress...
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    SL Workout B completed today:

squats 5x5@ 80# weight felt good, not ridiculously easy like prior sessions, but not horrible either

OHP@ 60# 2/2/1/1/1: My first stall since beginning stronglifts 3 weeks ago :grumble: There is also a horrible imbalance in my strength between my leftut & right sides...my left side was all good with lifting those 60 lbs...my right side on the other hand was NOT having it...i looked ridiculous. It made me lose my confidence to be honest, and i was grumpy for a few hours afterwards. Oh well, i'll try again on monday.

DL's 1x5@ 125# :happy: yay, not a walk in the park, but not difficult either

i think this was just an off day, but happy with my DL weight.
  • Fittreelol
    Steph you'll be healed up and deadlifting 200 in no time!

I went to the gym and did an axle complex today for conditioning. It was RDLx5, overhead squatx5, good morningx5, back lungex10 , OHPx5. Rest repeat 4x. Then I was tired. Yawn!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Rows 5x5 @ 100

Nice lifts Lead...I wish I could say I was hitting 200lb DL before YE..but with my injury and 85lb deload not gonna happen...

100lbs for rows is REALLY good so you can definitely pull some weight. What type of injury do you have? Get healed up and with that pulling strength you should be able to get to 200 in no time.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Last night was Legs night (meh!)

Low Bar Back Squats
    Warm Up Sets: 65lbs 1x5, 95lbs 1x3, 115lbs 1x2
    Work Sets: 127.5lbs 3x5

Barbell Reverse Lunges
    Work Sets: 70lbs 2x12 (each leg)

Front Squats
    Warm Up Sets: 45lbs 1x5, 65lbs 1x3
    Work Sets: 80lbs 2x5

Barbell Calf Raises w/step
    Work Sets: 135lbs 3x13

Barbell Seated Calf Raises
    Work Sets 95lb 2x25

Wanted to do 3 sets for everything but had some things to do so had to cut it short. Legs are my weak point but they're coming along....slowly.... Just started doing Front Squats so I'm easing into them.
  • lwoodroff
    Got a sneaky visit in to the gym this afternoon. You'd have thought it would be empty at 2.30 on a Thursday but no! I've included a video of a single deadlift at 90kg just to show what was going on in the background. Lots of fun!

Squats - repeat of 62.5kg. This feels SO HEAVY! However I got the 3x5, final set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UBjifnoCec

Press - new weight - 35kg. Got the hang of breathing at the top which made such a difference! Some pretty ugly reps but 5,5,4 and I was almost doing a happy dance round the gym. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gALIckBpRpA

Deadlift - 70kg x 5 then did a single at 80 and a single at 90 just to see if I still had it. Very dizzy after the 90! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w3hKJUlNoI

then raced home, had a shower and collected the loin fruits.
  • Fittreelol
    Happy dances are totally normal. Grats on your sweet increases!
  • lwoodroff
    yeah but I was surrounded by guys doing oly lifts.. loudly. My piffling 35kg wasn't really in that league!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Strong workout, lwoodroff!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    yeah but I was surrounded by guys doing oly lifts.. loudly. My piffling 35kg wasn't really in that league!

nice workout, thanks for sharing the vids :happy:
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Strong workout, lwoodroff!

I second this^^! And thanks for posting your videos. I'm still a little iffy about my squat form and have been wondering if I'm pausing too long between individual reps...so seeing that one really helped me!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    @leadfoot: Awesome PR on the DL! (I know I'm a bit late, sorry)
    @Stef: I had to deload my DL at 195. Awful to be so close to 200 and have to pull back to nothing. I feel your pain.
    @Lydia: Solid workout! In my gym, happy dances are not only allowed, but encouraged. :) Of course, I work out in my garage... but I can't think I'd do anything different at a public gym.

Wendler 5/3/1: Deadlift
    Still trying to find my post-PT sweet spot, so this may look weird:
    80x5 90x3 115x12
    125x5 135x5 145x5 155x3
    Felt a twinge on the last set--due to volume rather than weight, because it wasn't too heavy for me. Actually felt my form was better at the heavier weights. But I stopped anyway. No sense being a doofus about it.

3x10 hanging raises
    Some ab stuff
    Good day ????

--Cheryl