Options

Replies

• mewiest
    mewiest Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SW: 178
    CW: 178
    GW: anything 173 or under!!

Today is my Atkins Anniversary!! One year and roughly 50 pounds down!! This year I plan to make goal and become a weight maintenance success story!! I started last January at 225 and focused on food choices at first, during the summer I started walking and now I try to do something to get to 10,000 steps everyday. I'm not perfect but I try to do something everyday - it makes me feel good to check off the box!! My sister in law introduced me to myfitnesspal and I love it because in addition to carbs it helps me track portions and calories - I struggle with portions daily and spent lots of time in each decade before moving down but this time around it hasn't been so restrictive and I can continue this way of eating! Best wishes to everyone for an on plan day!

Happy Anniversary, LuluNH!! A big congratulations for the milestone of 50 lbs GONE! That is wonderful ...keep going, 2014 will definitely be a great year to reach your goal in!

>^.^<
  • Lynne120
    Options
    I’m joining late, but I’d love to jump in! I have a January goal of 8 lbs off by the end of the month. Gained back some of the weight I’ve lost due to “world imploding stress eating” but it’s time to get over all that.

Starting at 198 lbs January 1st
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I follow lower carb (under 50 net), but definitely need the support to stay on track. Always looking for encouraging friends (and I encourage back) so let me know if you are interested in being pals!
  • dyladog
    dyladog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Helen and mewiest! I'm pretty happy!
  • lilsammie130
    Options
    Hello!

I have recently lost a lot of weight over the past 2 years and now I need to loose those last pesky 20-25 lbs. I did my fitness pal for a little but then all went to hell in a hand basket when the holidays came around. I really need accountability friends so if anyone else is looking let me know! I really want to stay consistent with Atkins as I keep loosing it around week 2 :ohwell: but it seems really doable!
    Hope it's not too late to join the challenge group!:blushing:
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in if you don't mind! I'm currently doing the 21 day sugar detox, level 3 (which is very similar to Atkins low carb approach). After my 21 days, I will likely return to a more lenient Atkins style (need vino! LOL) Started Jan 1 at 163. I would love to see a 10 pound loss for the month.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    CW: 176
    GW: anything 173 or under!!

Moving in the right direction!! Can't weigh in tomorrow but I'll check in on Friday!! Wishing everyone an on-plan day!!!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Found you guys. I'm in! I'm trying to reach 145 lbs this month. I'm at 153 right now.
  • skrage99
    skrage99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm down about 10 pounds already since I started watching carbs again. I started phase 1 last weekend, and so far getting through it. I'm a huge fan of low-carb as nothing else seems to work, nothing else controls my appetite. I've tried Weight Watchers, Juicing (disgusting), and many others, and I'm always hungry. Atkins seems to be the only thing that works for me. I have over 100 pounds to lose, and I'm determined to do it.

Anyway, just wanted to leave a reply in this post as I'm trying to find other people like me who are doing this.

Oh yeah, I'm currently at 313.8 pounds.
  • chownot
    chownot Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Atkins, just started induction. Looking for advice on whether it makes a difference as to how many fat grams are consumed in a day for weight loss? For instance, if you have one meal that includes a fatty meat and the rest are lean protein is it better than all 3 meals including a higher calorie protein? I'm not used to being able to eat bacon, red meat on a "diet". Thank you.
  • LuluNH
    Options
    CW: 173
    GW: Anything under 173!!

I now match my ticker again for the first time since before Christmas!!

Chownot: Personally, I never followed Atkins to the level of detail you are describing. For me it was always starting with induction friendly foods (did i eat on plan for the day) and then working on portion control once I got past the bumps of the first few weeks trying to stay on plan! I love carbs but they don't love me!! It's the simplicity of Atkins that works for me.
  • chownot
    Options
    Thank you, I've been used to counting calories so putting a tbsp. of cream at 50 calories concerned me. However it has been 3 days and I'm 2lbs lighter. I'm sure it is water but I feel better and it gave me the boost I need to continue with Atkins.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I just started Jan 7th. It would be nice to be down 10 by February.
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I started about 5 days ago, and have already shown some amazing results. :happy:

My "End of January" goal was going to be 10 pounds down, but I'm over halfway there, so now I'm adjusting it to 15 pounds down. Good luck all!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    when your on atkins induction you only count carb grams,, ( if your on new atkins you count fiber grams also),, but I do old school atkins induction, so I keep it under 20 grams carb per day and then I count NOTHING ELsE!!!,, eat all the fat you want too,, eat all the calories you want too,, you will find after about 4 days you just wont e hungry anymore if your doing it right,, so you naturally eat less, dont worry about the cream in your coffee enjoy it,, and watch the magic happen on the scale!!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time getting started again, kinda sputtered the first few days of jan, but now I am solid and have been on induction for a full 6 days now, feeling great again, took time to get the carbs out of my liver and get the water weight off again, but being in ketosis again feels great,
  • LuluNH
    Options
    CW: 173
    GW: Anything under 173!!

Holding at 173 today!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • nurse892012
    Options
    going strong!

54283317.png\
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools}
  • chownot
    Options
    Thanks, If I didn't try it I wouldn't believe it. It's true, I'm not hungry day 4 and in Ketosis.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge group. I started Atkins 3 days ago and am already feeling better. I'm in 'ketosis' which thrilled me this morning.
    I have a question. I bought Atkins peanut fudge granola bars and the package said it was 2 grams of carbs. When I entered it into mfp , it came up as 19 carbs. Then, I read the package more carefully and it says that it contains 2 grams of carbs net Atkins count. Does anyone know what that means? I want to do this right.