JANUARY CHALLENGE GROUP

Options

Replies

• cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge too.I have found that the low carb lifestyle is really the only thing that has helped me lose over-all.I am in the OWL phase but I ate pizza last night and just like that I gained 2 pounds! Then I stupidly went in a binge and ate leftover pizza this morning at breakfast.I felt really ashamed and awful.I desperately want the Atkins lifestyle to become second nature to me.My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds this month and move on from there.I am sick of gaining and cheating and feeling guilty.So I am thankful for this group of people who can understand what I am going through.God Bless you all and I hope I can be an encouragement to you all to help you reach your goals.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm on day six of 21 DSD & I'm happy to report I weighed in at 159.6 this morning! I started on Monday at 164- my highest weight ever. I'm "in the pink" on my ketosis strips & feeling fantastic! My first goal is 10 pound loss for January & second goal is to be at my wedding weight of 145 by our 4 year anniversary, March 6th.. Ultimate goal is 130 for my birthday, April 14th. I'm excited and I know that I finally have the right mindset to stick with it!

I hope you all are doing well!!!
    Jaime
  • tunesntea
    Options
    Jan 7 was my start Atkins/exercise and my goal for Feb was 10 pounds. It looks like it's close so I just want my ticker to say anything under 100 pounds to lose!
  • mewiest
    mewiest Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge group. I started Atkins 3 days ago and am already feeling better. I'm in 'ketosis' which thrilled me this morning.
    I have a question. I bought Atkins peanut fudge granola bars and the package said it was 2 grams of carbs. When I entered it into mfp , it came up as 19 carbs. Then, I read the package more carefully and it says that it contains 2 grams of carbs net Atkins count. Does anyone know what that means? I want to do this right.

NET Carbs are the carbs of an item minus the fibre and the sugar alcohols...your body does not process these items like normal carbs, so we do not have to count them.

Careful of those bars though. They can keep you desiring sweet things and the sugar alcohols can do nasty things to your system =[] lol ..it can be bad if you are one of the people who are sensitive to it, like I am.

Congratulations on the great start!

>^.^<
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SW: 178
    CW: 173
    GW: Anything under 173!!

Holding at 173!! Cauliflower and chicken curry!! Yum!! I love the recipe calculator on this site - it keeps me true to portions, carbs and calories!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Mewiest:
    Thanks for the tip about the bars. I think I'm the same as you in that I react to sugar alcohols. I don't think I'll buy any more Atkins bars. I like 'real' food better anyway.
  • chownot
    chownot Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Look ahead not behind, get back on the program and you will lose again.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    down 2 pounds for january so far, I am on day 7 induction, got a late start lost 6 days around the first getting going, but now I am really heavy into induction again, I think the 2 pounds reflects a much higher weight loss as I was afraid to weigh in at the start, but I am the same weight I was on DEC 1st,, so I held steady thru Christmas which was considered a small victory of sorts, I am confident that I will be down more by the end of jan,, my overall goal is to be down a minimum of 50 pounds be the end of the year , just like last year and keep it off just like the previous 50 pounds,, hang in there every one,,
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    GW: Anything under 173!!

Holding at 173!! Cauliflower and chicken curry!! Yum!! I love the recipe calculator on this site - it keeps me true to portions, carbs and calories!

Great work! And yes the recipes are amazing they keep you satisified and the physical cravings disappear. Helen :)
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am at 165 pounds (up 1 pound) Total loss of 3 pounds. I am at that time of the month so I think the gain is only water. I am focussed to stay on track and see what happens next week (but it is hard when the scales go up). There are still many weeks until the end of January! All the best to everyone for the week! Helen :)
  • LuluNH
    Options

Helenabc: Thanks for the kind words!! I struggle everyday with cravings and portion control. I am a volume eater!! I like this time of year because I substitute hot tea and broth for the physical act of eating - just have to watch my sodium!!
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I'm having a steady loss so far I hope it continues. I know I need to up my calories so I hope it doesn't stall me but I just couldn't eat. I'm having breakfast this morning so that will help.

2 more pounds over the weekend lost! It's possible I may make my goal for January-5 more to go.

I guess it's 6 pounds to go to be under 100 to lose!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    It's very inspiring to hear of the success of other people on this program. I weighed myself this morning and no loss, but I am burning fat...go figure! The ketosis strips are a great motivator for times like this. They're helping me to stay on track.
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the week: down 2.6, total for the month at 6.8. Biggest problem this week was a huge craving for bread. I live somewhat near a bread factory and when I take that route home at the wrong time, the smell is intoxicating! Made a mental note to take a different route home during the day.

Hoping the week went well for everyone else!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    GW: anything under 173!!

Dear 173, I like you a lot but I'd love to meet your friend 172!! Lulu NH

Pennben -Knowing triggers is one of the most important lessons I have learned. Even one year in I avoid all bread, pasta, potatoes and rice - even the low carb versions. I just can't trust myself not to overeat. What's the trade off - I get to wear a 14 instead of a 24W. I'm in the second time around club on Atkins and I am committed to learn from my mistakes last time.

Melwillbe- The first time I did Atkins I used the Keto strips too!! It was a great motivator that I was following the plan precisely!! Keep up the great work!!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Lulu, thanks for the encouragement. I didn't lose any weight again today, but still burning fat. How is that possible? Darn, I really do think I'll be one of Dr. ATkins resistant patients. Also, I'm following ATkins as precisely as I can. I'm counting all the carbs and staying close to 20 grams a day.
    On another note, I'm feeling better...already, I have far less heartburn. I've had terrible aid reflux for the last year and been overdosing on Tums everyday. I haven't had a tums for 2 days now, which is a huge change.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    Lulu, thanks for the encouragement. I didn't lose any weight again today, but still burning fat. How is that possible? Darn, I really do think I'll be one of Dr. ATkins resistant patients. Also, I'm following ATkins as precisely as I can. I'm counting all the carbs and staying close to 20 grams a day.
    On another note, I'm feeling better...already, I have far less heartburn. I've had terrible aid reflux for the last year and been overdosing on Tums everyday. I haven't had a tums for 2 days now, which is a huge change.

Is it possible that the flax seed is backing you up a little so the fat can't flush? I didn't think seeds were okay on induction but googled it and people said it was all fiber and they never heard of someone stalling but perhaps you are. i really don't know but if you're looking for a culprit maybe cut it out for the rest of the week just to see what happens.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Tunesntea, thanks for the advice on the flaxseed. I think I'll forgo it today and see what happens. I lost .2lbs in the last 2 days, so maybe that's why I'm losing so slowly. I also take high blood pressure medication and ATkins says it could gum things up, but I have to take it, there's no choice.
  • lisajacobsen1428
    Options
    I started Jan 9th at 210.5 lbs and my goal is to hit 160 (I'm 5'11") hopefully by the first day of summer!
    Still going through the 'Atkins Flu' and feeling a bit lethargic, but it's getting better now and a couple more days I should be on the other side of it :)

And thanks someone that post here about the Atkins bar tip of only one a day... I will keep that one in mind :)
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I should have reset my weight but I'm down 4 pounds in a week, and that includes a lot of snacking on Saturday night that could have knocked me out of ketosis and over calorie limit. Great motivation, finally feel like I have control of myself again. Half way through the month! I think I could get down 12 pounds this month. Sick of looking back and wishing I had stuck with it and starting over to relose weight I've lost about 20 times before. The first time I did Atkins/low carb I didn't know as much as I do know and all the tools, like ketosis strips and what a fat fast is so I should really have the hang of this by now.

Hope everyone is on track so far in January!