Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
647e974e-69d8-47c7-9e8d-acb3238ee589_zps0c4659ee.jpg
Team Michonne Discussion Board

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    wohoo. I've got my sword so I am ready for whatever you have to throw at me! Time to kick some undead *kitten*! :smile:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Me and zumbaforever are Team Michonne! I love Michonne and Daryl but Daryl would probably have loads of members so I'm going for the second biggest bad-*kitten*! :D
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Me and zumbaforever are Team Michonne! I love Michonne and Daryl but Daryl would probably have loads of members so I'm going for the second biggest bad-*kitten*! :D

I am here Dazz! Looks like there are three of us so far. I have a Katana, so bring it on. A little about myself. I live in Casper WY. Have two children and 4 grandchildren. A husband of 35 years. But don't let that fool you. I am into martial arts. Work out daily. I want to lose about ten pounds before spring. I garden. Have four dogs, two cats and two aquariums. One is a salt water tank. I have my own gym in my home. It was supposed to be a second living room. NOT! If you are not working out you can stay out! I do Zumba when I have time. Love the group atmosphere. I am working on doing pull ups. They are tough, but I will get there.

Shelley
  • DouMc
    Options
    wohoo, challenge looks good. i can totally do this. I joined the gym earlier in the week and am meeting with a trainer on Tuesday to make sure my form is ok for lifting so this is perfect timing for me.

Also, since I didn't provide any information about myself earlier, my name is Louise and I am living in Ireland. I am a 29 year old doctoral student. a little over a year ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune illness and put on steroid medication which made me go from having no appetite to wanting to eat everything around me. Fast forward a couple of months and I had ballooned and was becoming increasingly self-conscious about my weight. That was when I found MFP and have managed to get down to a healthy weight for my height but unfortunately at a very high body fat %. My goal for the next few months is to reduce my BF% so hopefully this challenge will be helpful in keeping me on track.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    The challenges look awesome. The only problem I have is the food stuff. I don't actually look at that part when it comes to the food, I look at calories mostly. The first two I should be able to do no problem (but I do have a bad ankle but I'll try my absolute best to do it).
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    The challenges look awesome. The only problem I have is the food stuff. I don't actually look at that part when it comes to the food, I look at calories mostly. The first two I should be able to do no problem (but I do have a bad ankle but I'll try my absolute best to do it).
    You aren't scored on anything on your food intake except for staying within your calories goals. And you choose the exercises you do, so you should be fine. The links on the bottom of the challenges are mostly for new people or for people who need or want more information on a certain topic. :smile: I'm hoping we don't overwhelm anyone with the weight training challenge. Some people are leery of resistance training.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    You aren't scored on anything on your food intake except for staying within your calories goals. And you choose the exercises you do, so you should be fine. The links on the bottom of the challenges are mostly for new people or for people who need or want more information on a certain topic. :smile: I'm hoping we don't overwhelm anyone with the weight training challenge. Some people are leery of resistance training.

No need to worry about that with me, I'm up for any challenge. I remember you saying in one of the threads that Daryl or Michonne will have the toughest ones (or maybe I dreamed that up, haha) and they're my two favourites.

I'm happy that it's calorie-based, it'll be okay for me to do then! I'm looking forward to February for two reasons now: Walking Dead and this challenge!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow teammates! My names Liz and I'm ready to kick some bootay with ya! :happy:
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Georgie and I am new to the WD but love Michonne cause she is a bad *kitten* and I have never done or even tried to do a challenge. My sis Tj does them all the time, so I do have her to help me and I will do my best.
  • DouMc
    Options
    Im off to a good start, just did the first of the early bird workouts. I was going to do all three but I am wrecked after just one! Its a great workout though. I love doing kickboxing workouts.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Sorry this is going to be short. Have to get to bed. I did T25, this morning, 20 minutes of fast paced body weight exercises. Then about 12 minutes of full sit ups, leg lifts and planks. Rounded it by attempting to nail some full body weight dips! They kicked my butt. So did the Spider-Man pushups. Lol

Was under my daily calorie goal for today. :)

Night everyone.
  • DouMc
    Options
    Sorry this is going to be short. Have to get to bed. I did T25, this morning, 20 minutes of fast paced body weight exercises. Then about 12 minutes of full sit ups, leg lifts and planks. Rounded it by attempting to nail some full body weight dips! They kicked my butt. So did the Spider-Man pushups. Lol

Was under my daily calorie goal for today. :)

Night everyone.

wow, thats impressive! I hope you are not too sore today!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I didn't want to push my ankle too far because next week, I'm going to start exercising properly and I'm not fully healed just yet. Anyway, I did 30 crunches, 20 squats and 10 push-ups. I also did 16kg dumbbell curls. On top of this, I walked for four miles...slowly (again, being extra careful but I wanted to do my bit).

I was also under my calorie goal for today.

I know it doesn't seem like I did much this week but wait until you get a load of next week...hopefully!
  • DouMc
    Options
    I just did my first strength training session in the gym. Ouch!! My legs are shaking so much that I could barely walk downstairs when I was finished! I hope I am not too sore to do the last two workout videos tomorrow, I don't want to have to leave them till Saturday.
  • DouMc
    Options
    I didn't want to push my ankle too far because next week, I'm going to start exercising properly and I'm not fully healed just yet. Anyway, I did 30 crunches, 20 squats and 10 push-ups. I also did 16kg dumbbell curls. On top of this, I walked for four miles...slowly (again, being extra careful but I wanted to do my bit).

I was also under my calorie goal for today.

I know it doesn't seem like I did much this week but wait until you get a load of next week...hopefully!

That doesn't sound too bad to me. I am intrigued to see what you come out with next week! :smile:
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just signed up for the team!! Can't wait to start!

I'm SUPER sick right now - been sick for the past week and a half and finally got on some antibiotics yesterday and I'm finally starting to feel better. Suffice it to say that there's not much going into my diary at the moment but I'm hoping I'll be tip top by this weekend in time to get in on the Earlybird Challenge.

Good luck everyone!!! Let's kick some butt!! :drinker:
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    wow, thats impressive! I hope you are not too sore today!
    [/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. I work out regularly. Seldom get sore though. Just a little achy mostly. I have always loved to lift. Sadly I love to really eat also. :laugh: Hence the extra 15 pounds. My daughter says alot of it is muscle, she is such a poor fibber! :bigsmile:

Let's get in some early workouts! And if anyone wants to know about the T25 workout I would be happy to try and tell you about it.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Dazz you are rocking! Ice your ankle, then heat then repeat! We got this! :drinker: :smokin:

Yesterday I got in a double core workout, one was T25, then I did my 20 minute full body weight workout. I love that for building strength and speed. Today I worked late, so only had time for T25 lower body. That burned! :noway:

Keep up the hard work everyone, them zombies are coming! :bigsmile:

Shelley
  • DouMc
    Options
    What does T25 entail? Is it a programme that you have to buy?

I love to eat too. I spend the day thinking about what I am going to have for each meal and planning my day around them!

Today I am just going to go for a long walk to try to stretch out the sore muscles in preparation for workout 2 in the gym tomorrow.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    What does T25 entail? Is it a programme that you have to buy?

I love to eat too. I spend the day thinking about what I am going to have for each meal and planning my day around them!

Today I am just going to go for a long walk to try to stretch out the sore muscles in preparation for workout 2 in the gym tomorrow.

I bought it. It is from Beach Body, Shaun T Focus T25. I must admit I would never not pay for something. Just me. But there are free HIIT workouts on the web. They are numerous and intense. If you want more information about them let me know.

I did T25 tonight, cardio, it kicked my butt! :) Also did an ab challenge and a few planks.

Let's kill zombies everyone!

Shelley