Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day of the challenge week, so it's for next week and you can send it in with everything else you do, right up to Saturday (the 8th). and, yes, throw your scale into the closet, (or better yet, out the window:bigsmile:) and measure and take pictures instead. Take a look at what Sidesteel says about establishing metrics here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Errorist (a friend of mine on MFP) has shown me that post before, it's very informative. I was a total beginner when I read it though and had absolutely no clue what he meant. Errorist helped me with some of the stuff but I didn't fully get it. I think I do now. Thanks for reminding me! I'll send what I did today underneath but there is one more thing I need to know; how do I send my goals now that I've decided not to weigh myself? Do I do measurements weekly or take pictures monthly?
    I would do both as often as you like. You can also look at your gym performance too, as a goal.

Cool. What do you mean when you say 'gym performance'? :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Cool. What do you mean when you say 'gym performance'? :)
    Just how you are progressing through heavier weights or number of reps, does it seem easier, do you feel stronger...
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I haven't officially posted it yet, but Team Rick is number one this week! Four teams got a perfect 3.0: Rick, Carl, Tyreese/Sasha and Michonne. Rick had an extra 2 points that was divided among the team for when he killed the guy in the bathroom last week. So Rick gets first pick(I am going to assume, Abraham) and the remaing three teams are all tied, so to be fair the best solution may be for the three character's (Tara, Rosita and Eugene) kills to be added together every week and divided equally among the three second place teams. Is everyone okay with this?
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Cindy, that sounds like a great idea! Thanks!

Congradulations Team Michonne! We will be getting extra points for any kills made by Rosita, Tara and Eugene! ( Well if Team Rick takes Abraham!)

I am not sure of our placement but I do know that McDoug (Louise) is our MVP for this week! She is an amazing team player who really stepped outside of her comfort zone this week and completed a mud run! Great Job Louise!!

How is everyone doing this Monday Morning? I was down a lb on Friday morning but after the weekend I am UP! UGH! To much eating out and drinking. It's OK though, I am focusing on getting rid of all that was gained and then some! I started with a nice long run this morning and am planning on doing arms and kickboxing tonight when I get home, AND I am going to take my bike to see how far I ran this morning.

Happy Monday everyone!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    New Challenge is posted on the team's Walking Dead thread.
    Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1215721-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-still
    Summary of Kill points Daryl 6, Beth 2

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players

Rick will be deciding the punishment exercises this week and choosing one of the four new characters. The weekly points from the remaining three will be divided up among the three, second place finishers. 

This week's optional show inspired exercise is this fitnessblender golf workout: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F8iPHvVq6E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Reading through Ricks thread it kinda cracks me put hat people don't take Rosita seriously. Every one needs to read the comics so you know who is who!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Awe, thanks Angi! I can't believe I'm MVP! :blushing:
    Sorry I was AWOL all weekend. I was in my parents house and have no access to the forums from my phone. The run on Saturday was lots of fun for the first half of it and then the cold set in and I think I was close to hypothermia!! I don't remember crossing the finish line! Changing afterwards was so hard - I couldn't untie my shoes so my brother had to take them off for me, and then I had to get my sister to close my bra because my hands were not working!
    But I absolutely loved the first couple of kilometers of it and I would love to do one in the summer when there is less chance of me dying!! :laugh: Despite how miserable I was at the end when we went drinking later I only had half a beer in me when I suggested we do another one! What's wrong with me?? I didn't realise I was such a masochist! :laugh: :laugh:

How was everyone else's weekend? I am still recovering from the run so I didn't do any workout yesterday or today. I attempted to go to the gym today but I pulled up outside it after work and decided I just didn't have the energy or the strength to lift weights so I will go tomorrow instead.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the website for the official photos but so far I can't find any of me. This is the only one I have, its when we got back to the car and I had to plaster a fake smile on my face for the photo (I'm the one on the side wrapped in a towel, the happy people are my sisters and my brother in law)
    cf0ff442-63f5-4cc5-82cb-25853a42b74c_zpsac7619a5.jpg
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Awe, thanks Angi! I can't believe I'm MVP! :blushing:

Congratulations!!!!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Well done for making MVP, Louise, and well done for doing that run! It's such an amazing accomplishment! We're proud of you! :D

Ellie, we totally trust your judgment. Gutted we couldn't get Abraham but I think the fact we've got THREE characters in joint-second should totally make up for it, right? As far as I know, you're the only one on our team to have read the comics so I trust your judgments! :)

Guys, I'm unwell! I have a sore throat and I threw up a couple of times at work today. Bad times! However, I still marched on and did Insanity- Pure Cardio but unfortunately, that is all I've done! Sorry! :(

=====

CARDIO:
    Insanity- Pure Cardio- 40 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING:
    Nothing

Cardio: 180/??? (10/??? Combat)
    Strength Training: 20/???

40 minutes added to Cardio (0 minutes added to Combat) and 0 minutes added to strength training
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,902 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the website for the official photos but so far I can't find any of me. This is the only one I have, its when we got back to the car and I had to plaster a fake smile on my face for the photo (I'm the one on the side wrapped in a towel, the happy people are my sisters and my brother in law)
    cf0ff442-63f5-4cc5-82cb-25853a42b74c_zpsac7619a5.jpg

Oh my goodness Louise that was so awesome! I would have got in the warm shower clothes and all. And stayed in until I thawed out. What fun. You will so have to do one when it is warmer. Lol. There is a zombie run here in the spring. I might have to do it.

Shelley

And congratulations! :drinker: :drinker:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Just to clear up confusion, does doing extra cardio or strength help our numbers? Or do we only get 3 points for meeting our minimums and no more?
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Just to clear up confusion, does doing extra cardio or strength help our numbers? Or do we only get 3 points for meeting our minimums and no more?

And if we do earn extra explain how that works exactly. :ohwell:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I have been a little busy today.

Walking fast in full gear-90 minutes
    Kickboxing & stepboxing-30
    Weightlifting-30
    Punishment circuit-1

I did quite a bit yesterday also. But I will have to post later. I will have to compare my notes. I do not mind the circuit punishment. I tried to get them to do one I already do ever day on a scaled down version of course. But no dice. :sad: :laugh:

Last night was a great episode. I have a feeling next week's will be suspense filled. :smokin: Ok team, let's get our workouts done. Right now my legs are screaming at me. :noway:

Shelley
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

And if we do earn extra explain how that works exactly. :ohwell:

Shelley
    You earn the points by doing the minimums. Doing extra is what gets you noticed for MVP status and, as you know, can be shared. That's why we keep getting all these ties. This week, we should've/could've broken the tie by looking at everyones cardio/strength totals, but it would've been better if everyone had known that at the beginning of the week, so it's just easier to share everything up. In one of the upcoming weekly challenges we might look at overall totals, but we'll tell everyone at he beginning of the week.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the clarity Cindy!

Team, I'm feeling much better this week and should be able to step it up a notch. Here's hoping Michonne shows up this weekend and gets in on the fun!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Posting from my phone at work so I'll be brief! The week's punishment is a quick circuit training routine:

1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.
    Here's the punishment from Team Rick's captain. The good news is he decided that you only have to do it once this week and, as always, you can include it with your cardio or strength numbers.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Posting from my phone at work so I'll be brief! The week's punishment is a quick circuit training routine:

1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.
    Here's the punishment from Team Rick's captain. The good news is he decided that you only have to do it once this week and, as always, you can include it with your cardio or strength numbers.

What's a roll-up?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

What's a roll-up?
    I think it is meant to be read as 10 situps, roll ups OR crunches, so they must be a kind of sit up, where you roll up using your momentum, an easier version of the other two.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Louise is so amazing! I love her pictures! Shelley you should definitely do the Zombie run! When I read that I looked up to see if there is one in my area! AND......... I JUST MISSED IT! UGH. So I am going to find one and do that, what fun!

Dazz, I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, please rest and take care of yourself, let your body heal then you can go back into punishment mode!

NOTICE: Team Carol has issued a Challenge to our Amazing Team Michonne! They are challenging us to do 500 minutes of cardio this week! WE CAN DO THIS! I will wait to get confirmation from everyone before I say yes, but I know that we can do this!
    I am in, are you? Please feel free to pm me or respond on this board.

Happy Tuesday everyone!