Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats Dazz on making MVP again this week. I think you should be MVP for the entire challenge this week! You are awesome - not only rocking your workouts, not only helping team Michonne, but going above and beyond the call of duty and helping team Carl too! :drinker:

Are you sure you aren't Batman?

Have a great week team Michonne! :happy:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Zombieinkpot. I just did what I could! Unfortunately, I missed it out by one but I did it on the day I handed my stuff in. My legs were killing me but I managed.

As for being Batman, I wished I was the size of him, haha. Unfortunately, I'm not! However, you can call me The Dazzler ;)
    Happy Monday! Congratulations Dazz! You really are a wonderful team player and deserve the MVP again this week!

Shelley, I saw your workout list from yesterday and I want to tell you that I am in full amazement of the 105 full pushups! Amazement and a little jealousy, I need to work my arms out harder! Did you do them all at once? I am going to see how man full pushups I can do at a time. Have you increased your weights on the bench press yet? I would love to know what your arm regimen is.

We all need to keep up the great work this week, mostly meaning me, as I seem to be the weakest link on our team, thanks to Dazz I had enough cardio minutes so we maintained a score of 3pts, which puts us in the #3 spot for this week. But we need to maintain this for next week so we have a shot at getting an extra character. We can do this! We are Team Michonne!

If anyone needs any help or feels they are falling behind please come to the boards and let the rest of the team know.

And, did everyone see the new addition to our challenge this week??

"
    5. On the episode, Michonne opened up to Carl about her son. Sometime this week write a mini auto-biography or short essay about something no one knows about you or tell us why you are on this fitness journey and post it on your team's thread so that everyone can get to know each other better. "

I can't wait to read about you all!

Angi

Thank you so much, Angi. I'm actually stunned that I'm MVP again however, in saying this, in solidarity and respect of my team, I'm still partaking in the punishment! "If we burn, you burn with us", right? [/TheHungerGames]

Shelley, seriously, over 100 push-ups. I'm flipping impressed with that amount of strength, girl! My God, you're like a proper machine! I was genuinely tired just reading it! The squats, especially! Also, what are bridges? Are they planks?

Ellie, I think you may be the only one here who has read the comics. I have played the Xbox 360 games but that's about it. I've always wanted the comics though but I have nowhere to get them in the UK. I may have to try and order them online (eww). If you say this man is important, I'll give it my all! Come on Team, let's do this and slice and dice some nasty-*kitten* zombies!!!
    Tyreese and Sasha have decided that everyone should complete 5 minutes per day (for 5 days) of Wall Squats. These can be included in your strength totals. There are a few versions of Wall Squats, facing or not facing the wall, with or without a ball or weights.....Choose one appropriate to your fitness level.

Damn you, Tyreese and Sasha! The one exercise that will floor me! I haven't tried this in about a year. An embarrassing incident happened in the gym where I did it and I, somehow, fell over and landed on my face...yeah! haha. Still, I'm up for the challenge!
    I have done so much! There's also a little circuit that we learned in class today called "Zombies", which made me giggle a little because it made me think of this team. Basically, what you do is do one sit-up, go straight to a push-up and then run from one end of the room to the other and back. You then do 2 sit-ups and 2 push-ups and run from one end to the other. You then do 3 sit-ups and 3 press-ups and run...carry on until you're tired. It's brutally wicked!

I love the sound of the zombies! I think I will try them this week. :bigsmile:

Zombies is truly amazing. I've been doing it all the time, trying to beat what I did last time. I tend to put a song on and do it until the song ends.

I did three lots of Insanity workouts today to make up for not doing them on Saturday. I've started to go off Insanity just a little bit but I'm determined to lose the weight so I'm sticking to it. I did the Fit Test and did so much better than last time on all of them but one and on one of the exercises, I even beat Tanya!

That's all I've done today. However, tomorrow, is going to be one heck of a different story. Just watch this space!

=====

CARDIO:
    Insanity: Fit Test- 30 minutes
    Insanity: Pure Cardio- 40 minutes
    Insanity: Cardio Abs- 20 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING:
    Bring Sally Up- 30 squats
    Kettlebell Swings- 50 reps with a 7.5kg

Cardio: 90/250 (0/60 Combat)
    Strength Training: 10/90
    Wall Squats: 0/5
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,901 Member
    Options
    sounds like we all agree on Abraham. So bust butt and lets win this guy. :)

Angie I am up to 84 or 86 pound bench press. I have not really pushed it super hard. Keeping my form and only counting if I can complete 10 reps. I did not do all the pushups at once. :smokin: Now that would be something. I did do them during the 30 minute weight session. Mostly they were in 20 pushup sets. I did one set of 30 last night. That does burn. Today my arms are not feeling it, a tiny bit in my shoulders though. I do love a great arm. I do flys, skull crushers, military presses, rows, curls and preacher curls most days. And dips of course. :drinker: I need to write them all down. It does help, I am just to lazy.

Today I have got in a 30 minute walk so far. I will get in more if I have to stay up late.

Tonight after work I am going to purchase a baby Blue Tang I should have gotten yesterday when I saw it. Cross your fingers for me everyone and hope he is still there. It takes several hours to acclimate them properly to a new tank. And I never cut time when it comes to my pets. If he is there I will post a picture of him. :flowerforyou:

Shelley

Love the punishment. But never heard of facing the wall? Will have to look it up. :bigsmile:

Congratulations to Dazz, you are my hero. Now knock out some Zombies! And Dazz, I love wall sits. I know, kind of sick. If you can not, or don't want to do them, let me know. I will pick them up for you. You could pick up something else for me. And yes, pushups are fun for me. I once did this challenge that is on line. I think it was 6 weeks to 100 pushups. Takes longer actually but it was great. I did over 160 - 170 one morning before work. I will find out the name of the challenge for you. And thanks for the complements. Most people just think I am nuts when I say I can do them.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Congratulations to Dazz, you are my hero. Now knock out some Zombies!

Thank you! I look forward to reading your list of exercises. I might try some out myself! I'll also look forward to the new addition to your tank! :D
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Congratulations to Dazz, you are my hero. Now knock out some Zombies!

Thank you! I look forward to reading your list of exercises. I might try some out myself! I'll also look forward to the new addition to your tank! :D

LOL, it is funny that we are on at the exact same time. :)

Going to see if my new little guy is still at the store.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    What are you naming him?
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Because of my thigh tattoo I can not sit in squats for five minutes till at least the end of the week. Should I sit out this week?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Because of my thigh tattoo I can not sit in squats for five minutes till at least the end of the week. Should I sit out this week?
    No, just work with Angimom to find a replacement punishment, anything strength based 25 minutes, maybe upper body instead?
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellie, there will be no sitting out! We need you! Since I was a slacker last week I will do them for you. Done! No worries, if there is anything else just let us know.

Shelly I can't wait to see a picture of your new tang.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Cindy, great idea. I must have been typing when you were posting. Ellie can you manage upper body? I will still do your squats :smile:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thanks to The Dazzler (I like it) for the suggestion of doing zombies for the length of a song.:flowerforyou: I must pick out an appropriate tune.

As for not being Batman, I'm not convinced - have Batman and The Dazzler ever being seen in the same room together?:happy:

Have a great week team Michonne (and FYI, team Carl wants Abraham too!)

Oh, Dazz, I got The Walking Dead comics on Amazon. Good price and great delivery. You should read them, they're good!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Hello, I have found this totally awesome workout that I just done (at midnight, just so excited to try it out and it's amazing!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoSh94PKZw0
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Yes! Upper body is fine and I can pick up squats by Wednesday! Would you like to assign me some upper body punishment?
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    What are you naming him?

I would have named him Dazzle after you. But he had a salt water form of ich. I was so not bringing that into my tank. :grumble: He was so cute. And I was so disappointed. But better safe than sorry.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Shelly I can't wait to see a picture of your new tang.
    [/quote]

Ellis is was sick. :sad: I took a new picture of one I have already and will try to post it later.

Shelley
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes! Upper body is fine and I can pick up squats by Wednesday! Would you like to assign me some upper body punishment?
    Hmmm. Tyreese always makes me think of wood chops because he's always killing zombies with his hammer. Would you be able to do wood chops like the ones in the first half of this video? The second half has squatting type wood chops, but the first half is a standing version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoL14OEeWMQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    So anyway guys I did get in another 30 minutes of weight lifting and 5 minutes of wall squatting.

1/5. Wall squats.

So far today I have squeezed in a 40 minute walk. :)

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Well done on your workout, Shelley. I'm also flattered you were going to name him after me but I'm sad that he was ill, sorry to hear that!

Yes, Ellie! I'm loving that you're trying to find an alternative punishment. It just shows how determined we are as a team. You go, girl! :)

We're bringing Abraham home, man! I've done everything I could today to make sure this happens! I'm not stopping until we get him!

CARDIO:
    Insanity: Plyometric Cardio Circuit- 40 minutes
    Walking- 90 minutes
    Boxing- 15 minutes
    Rowing- 20 minutes
    Treadmill (running)- 35 minutes
    Jumping Jacks- 5 minutes
    Jump Rope- 5 minutes
    Step Ups- 5 minutes
    Wall Squat- 5 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING:
    Push Ups- 70 reps
    Kettlebell Swings- 60 reps with a 12kg
    Squats- 100 squats
    Bring Sally Up- 30 squats
    Kettlebell Clean and Press- 50 reps with a 15kg
    Deadlifts- 40 reps with a 15kg
    Burpees- 20 reps
    Tricep Dips- 30 reps

Cardio: 315/250 (15/60 Combat)
    Strength Training: 40/90
    Wall Squats [Team Tyreese and Sasha Punishment]: 1/5

225 minutes added to Cardio (15 minutes added to Combat), 30 minutes added to strength training and 1 added to the punishment,
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Watch this, I am dying with laughter! How clever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCSfQ-AkT0
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    I will be doing a very long bike ride this weekend to make up for not being able to do cardio right now! Good job every one on kicking butt, as long as Michonne keeps up her end of the deal I say we are really rocking it in this challenge!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I will be doing a very long bike ride this weekend to make up for not being able to do cardio right now! Good job every one on kicking butt, as long as Michonne keeps up her end of the deal I say we are really rocking it in this challenge!

I totally agree with you! We are totally rocking it out! I love everyone here, seriously, you're all such an inspiration to me. I'll write my mini-autobio tonight but for all of Team Michonne who didn't see it at the start of February, here is my fitspo:

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/AllMiredUp/0696500e-b19f-4007-b03c-1cd84bf48490_zps25142f51.jpg

I am a bit on the bigger side now but there's not an awful lot to it. In that photo, I was 16st 8lb, I think, give or take a pound. I'm not that far from looking like my 'after' photo again.

I'll be making another one at the end of the challenge!