Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    2rm8ojq.jpg

Second session. Mostly going to shade and color, should be about a six hr session

Also, here's a pic of me meeting Robert Kirkman

ina1p0.jpg
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    2rm8ojq.jpg

Second session. Mostly going to shade and color, should be about a six hr session

Also, here's a pic of me meeting Robert Kirkman

ina1p0.jpg

I'm not just saying this but that is one of the best tattoos I have ever seen in my life! The best tattoo I've ever seen is a Harry Potter one (naturally) and it had two quotes from the book in the shape of the Deathly Hallows symbol but the best thing about it was that you can't see the quote unless you get very close to it. I thought it was so cool!

But my God, that tattoo is beautiful! I am also jealous that you've met Robert Kirkman!
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Thank you!

I also have a Harry potter half sleeve. Not the best pic but here it is. Also I have another piece on my left thigh.

Edit wait need to resize

amr3mg.jpg
    xnwwfb.jpg
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    wow, they are awesome tattoos! But 6 hours!! thats a long time. Do you literally just sit there while they do it? will you not be bored out of your mind!

I'm a little ashamed that I had to look up who Robert Kirkman is. I think I might be in the wrong challenge! I have a weird level of nerdness when it comes to things like that. I am a huge Joss Whedon fan and would love to go to comic con because there is usually lots of stuff related to him there. But i haven't a clue about anything else like that!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Thank you!

I also have a Harry potter half sleeve. Not the best pic but here it is. Also I have another piece on my left thigh.

Edit wait need to resize

amr3mg.jpg

Marry me? o_O
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    wow, they are awesome tattoos! But 6 hours!! thats a long time. Do you literally just sit there while they do it? will you not be bored out of your mind!

I'm a little ashamed that I had to look up who Robert Kirkman is. I think I might be in the wrong challenge! I have a weird level of nerdness when it comes to things like that. I am a huge Joss Whedon fan and would love to go to comic con because there is usually lots of stuff related to him there. But i haven't a clue about anything else like that!

I play around on the internet, read comics, talk to friends. 6hrs is long but I have a good tolerance for pain. Also, we take breaks every couple hours but it's really hard to get bored when you're being tattooed because of how much it hurts.

And Daz, you're gonna have to run that one by my husband first. He might mind! :happy: :laugh:

Also, the quote is "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" I think it's hard to tell from the pic.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,899 Member
    Options
    Ellis I love your skin art. Very nicely done. How kewl meeting Robert Kirkman. I am so jealous. A book signing, wow. But I, like Louise, could never decide on anything long enough, lol. Plus my career could be in trouble. But my husband has some really nice ones. He also has a really gross Rat Fink covering one calf. Disgusting creature.

Dazz, really, are you proposing to married women? Shame on you. Lol

Louise you had better have lots of fun. Have enough for us both. :)

Well today was fast paced at work. My partner and I were moving non stop most of the day. And I have decided that using the cross walk is the most dangerous part of my day. I literally had to jump backwards to avoid becoming a white outline on the road! All that cardio is paying off. :bigsmile:

Today I got up early and did two of my mini challenges.
    90 pushups on my toes. And 90 squats. Then completed another Sally Up. Walked for a minimum of 30 minutes on my lunch break. Then 30 minutes of kickboxing along with another 15 minutes of weight training. Bench press is up to 86 pounds w/o a spotter.

Louise we usually check out a movie at the theatre with a friend or rent a movie on the weekends. And of course walk our boys. Sadly there were two dogs drowned this past weekend at the park. They ran out on the melting ice and fell through. The river is moving fast this time of year. One of them was a large St. Bernard. Only a year old. :cry:

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options

I play around on the internet, read comics, talk to friends. 6hrs is long but I have a good tolerance for pain. Also, we take breaks every couple hours but it's really hard to get bored when you're being tattooed because of how much it hurts.

And Daz, you're gonna have to run that one by my husband first. He might mind! :happy: :laugh:

Also, the quote is "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" I think it's hard to tell from the pic.

I love the tattoo. I wanted the DH symbol with 'Always' written where the Elder Wand would be. Don't know if I could go through with it though...
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! Ellie, those are some kick *kitten* tats! I agree with Dazz though, I don't know if I could sit that long, 6 hours is a really long time. I can barely make it through a movie, lol.

Shelley, that is so sad about the dogs! I love my dogs and if that happened to me I would be crushed! I don't know what I would do! It's not like you can run out on the ice and save them! UGH, I just cannot image how horrible that must have been. I am glad you are feeling better.

Louise, I am jealous of your plans! LOL. I need to make some plans for the weekend, although I don't think I have any extra calories.

Dazz, another amazing workout! Keep up the good work. I have done Sally 4 times, I can almost make it through, the last time where you have to hold it really long gets me every time, I come up early but then I can finish the last ones.

Happy Thursday!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I haven't exactly done an awful lot today because I've been at work from 8am til 6pm. I just did Insanity and some kettlebell work and now I'm resting to get ready for tomorrow's workout.

======

CARDIO:
    Insanity- Cardio Recovery- 30 minutes
    Kettlebell: Figure 8- 5 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING:
    Bring Sally Up- 30 squats
    Kettlebell Swings- 50 reps with a 7kg
    Kettlebell Clean and Press- 50 reps with a 7kg
    Push-ups- 10 reps

215/250 cardio (0/80 combat)
    75/90 weight-training
    4/5 Bring Sally Up song completion (doing the punishment)
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Angie great job on the Sally Ups. They are fun. And I agree about the ice, nothing you can do. The one lady did go in, but could not reach her boy. :( And the other dogs owner walked around looking for signs of his. He was crying. Broke my heart. And no closure. Only one of my boys ever goes in the river. But only when it is warmer out. I feel like I lost one of mine. :cry:

I got in two thirty minute fast walks at work between courts. Planned on working out with weights when I got home. But the boys wanted to go walking. So we did. I must admit I watched them closer than usual even. I walked with a friend and her American Bulldog puppy. He is only five months old. We stayed over on the side away from the river. They ran and played it was almost normal. :smile:

So today's totals were An hour and forty minutes of walking, and one Bring Sally Up. Did I mention I love Bring Sally Up? I like the one with the girl in black shorts and blonde hair better. She is fun. And Dazz, I do it all the way through. Guess my legs are stronger than my back. :smokin:

Dazz, I heard you are a challenge *kitten*! :laugh:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Angie great job on the Sally Ups. They are fun. And I agree about the ice, nothing you can do. The one lady did go in, but could not reach her boy. :( And the other dogs owner walked around looking for signs of his. He was crying. Broke my heart. And no closure. Only one of my boys ever goes in the river. But only when it is warmer out. I feel like I lost one of mine. :cry:

I got in two thirty minute fast walks at work between courts. Planned on working out with weights when I got home. But the boys wanted to go walking. So we did. I must admit I watched them closer than usual even. I walked with a friend and her American Bulldog puppy. He is only five months old. We stayed over on the side away from the river. They ran and played it was almost normal. :smile:

So today's totals were An hour and forty minutes of walking, and one Bring Sally Up. Did I mention I love Bring Sally Up? I like the one with the girl in black shorts and blonde hair better. She is fun. And Dazz, I do it all the way through. Guess my legs are stronger than my back. :smokin:

Dazz, I heard you are a challenge *kitten*! :laugh:

Yay! Well done for doing the challenge all the way, I'm proud. Actually, I'm proud of every single one of you for doing the challenge. Not many people would do this five times in a week so I'm very happy y'all are doing it!

Oh and Shelley, you heard correctly. I'm a dirty *kitten* for challenges. Have you got one for me? ;)
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I might Dazz, but right now you are really doing great. So I will save them for when you hit the wall. You will need new things to do then.

Shelley
  • DouMc
    Options
    haha, you are right Shelley, hold on to them for when he's bored and needs a change in routine.

I don't know how far I get into Sally because I take unintended breaks in the middle. I don't have much rhythm and in the parts where you have to stay down longer I come up early every time!! Ill keep at it though.

Just back from the gym, I haven't worked out the actual numbers but I think I have only 25mins left of cardio to do (which Ill do in the morning) and I am over by 50 minutes for strength! wohoo!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm just checking in with you to see if anyone might need some help this week. I have extra everything so please don't hesitate to pm me with any requests. -Kasi (Team Carl)
  • DouMc
    Options
    Hey, I'm just checking in with you to see if anyone might need some help this week. I have extra everything so please don't hesitate to pm me with any requests. -Kasi (Team Carl)

Thanks April. I am good for exercise minutes but if you want to burn off all those extra calories I just ate so that I don't have a big bloated belly tomorrow that would be much appreciated! :laugh:
    Everyone seems to be doing very well on their exercise numbers, we are actually struggling to give away minutes! I'm proud of everyone!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I have absolutely obliterated today and made it my b!tch. I ended up doing the week's goal in a day. I also got messaged by a member of Team Carl to do their punishment. They've only done it once so I have to do it four more times before the end of tomorrow!

I have done so much! There's also a little circuit that we learned in class today called "Zombies", which made me giggle a little because it made me think of this team. Basically, what you do is do one sit-up, go straight to a push-up and then run from one end of the room to the other and back. You then do 2 sit-ups and 2 push-ups and run from one end to the other. You then do 3 sit-ups and 3 press-ups and run...carry on until you're tired. It's brutally wicked!

======

CARDIO:
    Insanity- Cardio Recovery- 40 minutes
    Walking- 60 minutes
    Elliptical trainer- 30 minutes
    Rowing- 30 minutes
    Boxing- 30 minutes
    Running- 10 minutes
    Fat Blast (class)- 45 minutes
    Spin Bike- 10 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING:
    Lunge- 60 reps
    Squat- 70 squats
    Deadlifts- 40 reps with a 15kg barbell
    Bring Sally Up- 30 squats with a 7.25kg barbell
    Kettlebell Swings- 50 reps with a 7kg
    Kettlebell Clean and Press- 50 reps with a 7kg
    Push-ups- 10 reps
    Tricep Dips- 30 reps
    Burpees- 20 reps

470/250 cardio (30/80 combat)
    105/90 weight-training
    5/5 Bring Sally Up song completion (Team Michonne)
    0/4 Bring Sally Up song completion (Team Carl)

255 minutes added on cardio, 30 minutes added on weight-training, 1 added on Sally Michonne and new set added for Team Carl member.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Dazz, you are cracking me up. Really, you picked the punishment, and now you are doing other teams punishment?

Good job Louise! I might need to brain storm with you for a challenge for Dazz. He seems to have to much time on his hands! :devil:

Sally 4/5. Yes Dazz I am doing them with good form. :bigsmile:
    Got in 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. Them dips I did are killing me. :laugh:

Ok team, let's kick some zombie butt. Let's slice zombie heads from their shoulders.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    The only complaint that I have about doing the other team's punishment is that the person who messaged me has only done one out of four all week! I kind of wished they had messaged me sooner instead of leaving it this late but that's not to say it isn't do-able. I did one of them yesterday so three to go.

Believe it or not, I don't actually have a lot of time. I just squeeze a workout in before or after work and on my days off, I go all out. Never stopping! haha.

Well done on getting your minutes in, Shelley!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hey all! It looks like everyone is going to meet their numbers again this week! Now if Michonne could just get her sword a swingin!

Happy Saturday , don't forget to send me stats by midnight tonight!