Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You came to the right person for a kettlebell routine. Okay so with any kettlebell that's heavy enough to push you, do this:

100 x kettlebell swings
    60 second sprint
    90 x kettlebell swings
    50 second sprint
    80 x kettlebell swings
    40 second sprint
    70 x kettlebell swings
    30 second sprint
    60 x kettlebell swings
    20 second sprint
    50 x kettlebell swings
    50 second kettlebell figure 8
    40 x kettlebell swings
    40 second kettlebell figure 8
    30 x kettlebell swings
    30 second kettlebell figure 8
    20 x kettlebell swings
    20 second kettlebell figure 8
    10 x kettlebell swings
    10 second kettlebell figure 8
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    Ok I will give it a try tomorrow. But I will do mountain climbers instead of sprints. Not enough room in my gym. :sad: But I have a feeling that the Mtn. Climbers might be more brutal! And I have kettles from 7 - 30 pounders. Bought some odd sizes also. 12, 17, are just a couple. They sure get spendy for the heavier ones. I spent several months choosing just the right ones a couple of years ago. I am guessing these are two handed swings?

Night all.

Shelley

A little confession, there is no way I have stayed in my calorie goal after today. But I did eat lots of fruits and vegetables this week. :bigsmile:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Yeah, 2 handed and the sprints are just on the spot like the sprints and jogs you see in Insanity. My bad, I should have been clear on that but if you wanna Shellify it, feel free, haha
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing. thank you so much for your help. I managed to get in a workout this morning so I am covered for strength and only 40 mins short for cardio. Hopefully the weather will be ok and I will get out for a walk to make up that time.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I got in another 60 minute walk so I have my numbers! Thanks for all the support though! :smile:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am short my cardio numbers so I plan on a massive bike ride today to make up for it. Unfortunately life got in the way of a lot of my cardio exercises this week so I am playing catch up.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I am short my cardio numbers so I plan on a massive bike ride today to make up for it. Unfortunately life got in the way of a lot of my cardio exercises this week so I am playing catch up.

Ellie no problem, just take whatever you need from Dazz or myself. We have plenty to share.

My stats are:

Burpees 85/50
    Cardio 260/250
    Weight training 120/90
    Kick Boxing 90/50 (that is all cardio also) :)

And I was above my calorie! I so am not concerned about it. The chocolates were to die for yesterday! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

So I have an extra 110 minutes of cardio, 40 of which is kickboxing! And 30 extra of strength training. :flowerforyou: At least that is what I think I added up extra. :huh:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Yeah, 2 handed and the sprints are just on the spot like the sprints and jogs you see in Insanity. My bad, I should have been clear on that but if you wanna Shellify it, feel free, haha

You so crack me up. I should have guessed that. I was thinking of the indoor sprints we did at the academy. Sprint from one side to the other, tag a team mate, run to the shooting range, load, fire and hit the target while panting and shaking! LOL, Sprint back, pushups for 30 seconds and tag another team mate to do the same thing. It was fun. But I was a bit younger! There was also some dragging of a dummy in there some where. I will do the mountain climbers, not full out speed either. :blushing:

Got up and had to walk the boys. So will try these later. :)

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I did it!! I got in another 60 minute walk so I have my numbers! Thanks for all the support though! :smile:

Awesome finish Louise! You rocked it. :) My one pup, Cooper, has an adrenal gland problem. Causes his flight or fight to shut down under stress. He just lays there. Almost lost him once. It was so sad to watch him just shut down and not react to anything. Addisons is what he has.

Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options

Ellie no problem, just take whatever you need from Dazz or myself. We have plenty to share.

My stats are:

Burpees 85/50
    Cardio 260/250
    Weight training 120/90
    Kick Boxing 90/50 (that is all cardio also) :)

And I was above my calorie! I so am not concerned about it. The chocolates were to die for yesterday! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

So I have an extra 110 minutes of cardio, 40 of which is kickboxing! And 30 extra of strength training. :flowerforyou: At least that is what I think I added up extra. :huh:

Shelley

Do you look at your calories weekly or do you go by day? I usually eat at maintenance or a slight surplus one day a week but still average under for the week.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Ellie, I usually look at calories day-by-day and I've started looking at the back of my food a lot more than I used to. Also, great job on the cardio today, amazing figures!

Louise, I'm so happy you got to do a 60 minute walk? You female terminator, you! You feeling any better today?

Speaking of female terminators, Shelley, have you done my circuit today? If you have, how did you find it? I'm dying to find out how you did!

Angi, where are yoooooouuuu?!

As for me, today I attempted the Sally challenge again. See, yesterday, I did do it but because it was part of a class, it didn't count as the gym challenge. However, today didn't exactly do as smoothly. I did the song again but near the end of the song, there were a couple of times where my back wasn't fully straight. Oh and I was also filmed completing it as well. The guy in charge of the challenge decides on whether I qualify and whether I be put on the leaderboard or not. Fingers crossed!

I found out that you end up doing 30 squats throughout the duration of it. Still, I'm happy I did it twice. I have it on lockdown now. Also, today, I made a shocking discovery. I found out I was very strong. Like, I knew I was pretty strong but on this multi-gym, me and a couple of people I knew from school were at this multi-gym (which is basically a bunch of weights in this one machine and you can do multiple techniques on it). Anyway, they showed me a few exercises and I did them all. He asked if I realised what I did. I asked if I did something wrong and he said I just lifted the heaviest weight possible on the machine!!! I was completely shocked! There's like 20 levels to this thing and the peg was at the very bottom! I was so happy!

Oh and I've lost 4lbs!!! Soooo happy right now! :)

=====

CARDIO
    Kettlebell- Figure 8- 5 minutes
    Rowing- 10 minutes
    Walking- 60 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING
    Kettlebell Swings- 50 reps with a 12kg
    Kettlebell- Clean and Press- 50 reps with a 12kg
    Pull Ups- 10 reps
    Tricep Dips- 5 reps
    Sally Squats- 30 reps (whole song)
    Burpees- 50 reps
    Bicep Curls- 20 reps on maximum weight (unknown what the weight is for now)
    Long Pulls (like rowing but with weights)- 20 reps on maximum weight (unknown what the weight is for now)

TEAM MICHONNE NOTES!
    520/250 minutes of cardio (60/50 minutes involving combat) and 110/90 minutes of strength training.

75 minutes added on cardio and 20 minutes added to strength training.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Ok, I managed to take care of business this week.

Sunday. Rest
    Monday.        Cardio.          35 min
    Tuesday.        Cardio.          47 min     Strength.      30min
    Wednesday.   Cardio.          45min.     
    Thursday.       Cardio.          00 min.    Strength.      40min
    Friday.            Cardio.         65 min.  
    Saturday.       Cardio.          90.min      Strength.      40min

Cardio     =  282
      Strength  = 110
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Ellie, I usually look at calories day-by-day and I've started looking at the back of my food a lot more than I used to. Also, great job on the cardio today, amazing figures!

Louise, I'm so happy you got to do a 60 minute walk? You female terminator, you! You feeling any better today?

Speaking of female terminators, Shelley, have you done my circuit today? If you have, how did you find it? I'm dying to find out how you did!

As for me, today I attempted the Sally challenge again. See, yesterday, I did do it but because it was part of a class, it didn't count as the gym challenge. However, today didn't exactly do as smoothly. I did the song again but near the end of the song, there were a couple of times where my back wasn't fully straight. Oh and I was also filmed completing it as well. The guy in charge of the challenge decides on whether I qualify and whether I be put on the leaderboard or not. Fingers crossed!

I found out that you end up doing 30 squats throughout the duration of it. Still, I'm happy I did it twice. I have it on lockdown now. Also, today, I made a shocking discovery. I found out I was very strong. Like, I knew I was pretty strong but on this multi-gym, me and a couple of people I knew from school were at this multi-gym (which is basically a bunch of weights in this one machine and you can do multiple techniques on it). Anyway, they showed me a few exercises and I did them all. He asked if I realised what I did. I asked if I did something wrong and he said I just lifted the heaviest weight possible on the machine!!! I was completely shocked! There's like 20 levels to this thing and the peg was at the very bottom! I was so happy!

=====

CARDIO
    Rowing- 10 minutes
    Walking- 60 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING
    Pull Ups- 10 reps
    Tricep Dips- 5 reps
    Burpees- 50 reps
    Long Pulls (like rowing but with weights)- 20 reps on maximum weight (unknown what the weight is for now)

TEAM MICHONNE NOTES!
    520/250 minutes of cardio (60/50 minutes involving combat) and 110/90 minutes of strength training.

Great job on your NSV! You're hard work is definitely paying off!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Ellie I check daily. Usually log as I go. My calories are at 1290, unless I exercise. So it is easy to go over for me. Valentine's day and hubby put me over. But I really am not going to beat myself up over it.

Dazz it may be tomorrow sorry. But it is so nice here for a change I am taking the boys for a second walk. :bigsmile: They will love me for it. :smooched: Great weight loss and hope you make the board!

Ellie you rocked! Did you get in your kickboxing or something similar?

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options

=====

CARDIO
    Rowing- 10 minutes
    Walking- 60 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING
    Pull Ups- 10 reps
    Tricep Dips- 5 reps
    Burpees- 50 reps

TEAM MICHONNE NOTES!

Great job on your NSV! You're hard work is definitely paying off!

Great job on those stats, Ellie and I thank you and Shelley for your kind words! :)

Shelley, it's good to hear you're getting the bug! It's half 10 at night here and it's freezing cold. I'm done for the day, haha.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Ellie I check daily. Usually log as I go. My calories are at 1290, unless I exercise. So it is easy to go over for me. Valentine's day and hubby put me over. But I really am not going to beat myself up over it.

Dazz it may be tomorrow sorry. But it is so nice here for a change I am taking the boys for a second walk. :bigsmile: They will love me for it. :smooched: Great weight loss and hope you make the board!

Ellie you rocked! Did you get in your kickboxing or something similar?

Shelley

I was told combat exercise is not required by cindy before I joined the challenge.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    On the post Walking Dead team Michonne, week two. It states there should be 50 minutes of combat training. It does say "should". So maybe that does not mean required. But if it does, I am sure we could manage to take care of it for you Ellie. We are team Michonne for a reason. :smokin:

Shelley
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    On the post Walking Dead team Michonne, week two. It states there should be 50 minutes of combat training. It does say "should". So maybe that does not mean required. But if it does, I am sure we could manage to take care of it for you Ellie. We are team Michonne for a reason. :smokin:

Shelley
    Correct, combat training is not mandatory, just 'recommended', being that it's the apocalypse and all. :bigsmile:
  • zumbaforever
    Options

Shelley
    Correct, combat training is not mandatory, just 'recommended', being that it's the apocalypse and all. :bigsmile:

Dazz, I think we have been doing some extra cardio! :laugh:

Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options

Shelley

Awe, I'm sorry I just can't stand workouts on video or routines. I made sure it wasn't required before committing because i didn't want to hurt the team. :flowerforyou: