Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    Ellie, I also have a punching dummy. I could just kick and punch that thing for 30 minutes if I wanted. :laugh: Knee strikes, upper cut, elbow strike, round house kick, back kick, punch to body, etc. No video needed. I tool karate once, used to practice my katas. Might be dragging out my books! :bigsmile: Another good one is krav maga, spelling? I liked these two better than others because they were real. Not just fancy foot work.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't know what has been said
    Michonne slays The Walking Dead
    With her sword, she chops off heads
    And puts their tortured soul to bed
    1 2 3 4 1 2 34
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    On the post Walking Dead team Michonne, week two. It states there should be 50 minutes of combat training. It does say "should". So maybe that does not mean required. But if it does, I am sure we could manage to take care of it for you Ellie. We are team Michonne for a reason. :smokin:

Shelley
    Correct, combat training is not mandatory, just 'recommended', being that it's the apocalypse and all. :bigsmile:

Dazz, I think we have been doing some extra cardio! :laugh:

Shelley

LOL. No worries. Every exercise counts towards a goal. I don't mind, helps me unwind after a stressful day, haha
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I started my morning with the kettles routine Dazz gave me. I have a feeling my back will feel it tomorrow. I did extra figure eights Dazz, I was looking at the numbers of eights, and did not notice it said seconds! :laugh: Took my time doing it. Took me about twenty minutes. Finished up another challenge and rounded it out to 35 minutes of strength training. I will be walking my boys for 40 minutes after breakfast. Dazz, I think I would have to change up the settlements each set for something a little different. Overhead presses for instance. But it was a great change. Thanks.

Shelley
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I got in another 60 minute walk so I have my numbers! Thanks for all the support though! :smile:

Awesome finish Louise! You rocked it. :) My one pup, Cooper, has an adrenal gland problem. Causes his flight or fight to shut down under stress. He just lays there. Almost lost him once. It was so sad to watch him just shut down and not react to anything. Addisons is what he has.

Shelley

No way!! I didn't know dogs could get it. I have addisons too. It's a total pain because, like you said, when I am stressed all I want to do is curl up under a blanket and sleep till it goes away. I used to work really well under stress and always did all my college assignments at the last minute but now I am really struggling to do my thesis. Exercise is a great way of avoiding the stress!
  • DouMc
    Options
    Also, i am with Ellie on the calories. I go by my weekly calories and I normally eat less Monday-Thursday so that I can eat more on the weekends. If I didn't have the extra leeway at weekends I would have been able to stick to this for so long.

Dazz, congratulations on the weight loss!! you have been working out so hard you definitely deserve it! And let us know if you get up on the board for the challenge.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Thanks Louise and I'll let you all know how I get on.

I did an hour's walk and also done my Insanity. I took it easy today so not a lot to report! :)

Louise, I hope you're feeling better and Shelley, I'm glad you liked the circuit and feel free to Shellify it! ;D
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I have always done a cheat meal. As long as I stay good the rest of the time. But it was Valentine's Day! :) And hubby went to my favorite candy maker in town.

Louise I thought it was interesting how people also could have Addisons when I first looked into it over three years ago. It can be completely debilitating. Let me know when ever you may need help here. I truly know how this can get you down.

Got in my 40 minute walk. So add it with my strength training. Also picked up a new DVD. I previewed it. I know it should be fun. Updates to come.

Dazz I will let you know I'd I make modifications to the routine. Now off for buffalo steak! Yummy.

Time to watch Walking Dead tonight! :laugh: :drinker:

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I have been MIA I left my iPad at the office and my home computer is on the blink right now! And received everyone's results and we r an amazing team! Everyone is completing the required amounts of exercise and then some and staying within all calorie goals! Great job this week, we will report a perfect score! Go team Michonne !!!!

Dazz I am so excited for your losing the 4 lbs! You really really worked hard this week and really deserve it.

Shelley, Louise and Ellie you all are also doing an amazing job!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Angie I was over my calories this week. :( burp.

Dazz, my stomach is starting to hurt, I think it was all the swings. You know the point where your abs have to engage to keep you from rocking to much. :grumble: Hurts so good! :noway:

Loved tonight's show. The kills were spread out more evenly. Of course Michonne was MIA. I am sure she is sharpening her blade! :smokin:

Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is a I'm glad I'm not the one that has to count all the kills tonight. :laugh:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is a I'm glad I'm not the one that has to count all the kills tonight. :laugh:
    Yeah. I've watched it twice and I'm still counting. :frown: Glad I got a week to figure it out. Hopefully some superfan will post a blog post complete with an accurate scorecard within the next day or two. :laugh:
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Yeah. I've watched it twice and I'm still counting. :frown: Glad I got a week to figure it out. Hopefully some superfan will post a blog post complete with an accurate scorecard within the next day or two. :laugh:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! :laugh: :smokin:

Shelley
  • DouMc
    Options
    I had a weird experience in the gym this morning. Some guy came up to me and talked at me for a good 20 minutes. he lost me pretty quickly when his workout advice started with 'as a woman...', he then told me that I should be doing cardio 3 times a week and then Ill be able to eat as much as I want, as long as its good food. I can have the occasional treat, I don't have to eat rice cakes ALL the time. This was at the end of my workout when he had seen me lifting weights for the previous 40 minutes. He must have been shocked to see a woman in the mans area!! I was trying to ignore him but I had to point out to him that rice cakes are gross and it completely unnecessary to eat crap food in order to lose weight. Then I put my ear phones back in but he kept talking.

After talking down to me about exercise he then moved on to education. I didn't want to engage him by telling him that as an educational psychologist I probably know more about the education system than he does, so without any input from me he spent 10 minutes ranting about conspiracies within the educational system (at this point I completely lost track of what he was saying). The he told me that people should have babies at home because if you have them in the hospital the doctors immediately take them away and give them vaccinations!

it was such a strange experience!
  • DouMc
    Options
    oh, he also told me that I should pick an area of my body that I am not happy with and focus on reducing that area. And that there is no point in doing weights, I should focus on building up my core strength doing very gentle exercises with the exercise ball!
  • DouMc
    Options
    Anyway, there is my rant for the day! How is everyone else getting on? so far this week I have 60 mins of cardio and 50 mins of strength training done so not a bad start to the week.

I haven't watched the episode of the walking dead yet. Ill watch it tonight. excited!!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Dang Louise, that is weird! Poor fella, maybe that was his way of trying to pick you up! HAHAHAHA. Or just a know it all. UGH.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hey team Michonne - thanks for the punishment exercise! I love squats! I was dreading what it was going to be after lurking on your board, but so happy now.

Congrats on making MVP, Dazz! :drinker:

Go team Carl!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Louise he could be the stalking type. Careful.

Dazz! Congratulations guy. Rocking it all the way. :) But I must launch a complaint. My back is really sore now. I will have to modify anything I do today. :(

Shelley
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Bring Sally up, bring Sally down....ha ha ha very funny, not!