Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,873 Member
    Options
    Got in another thirty minutes of weight lifting tonight. Let's kill zombies!

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    20 minutes on Just Dance 2014 and 10 minutes on The Biggest Loser. Both are on the Wii. I didn't really count TBL because I did the easy exercises to see what the game was about and it didn't really make me break a sweat. Today though, I'm going to try a more intense workout on it.

I'm not too sure on how many minutes I've done cardio-wise but I think it's over 2 hours now. I'm off to the gym again for a repeat on what I did before only this time, I'm going to stay longer because I have nothing on today so more time for me.

My plan is that I'm going to have a dance-off with some zombies with Just Dance 2014, then I'll compete in a Last Chance workout against them on The Biggest Loser and then REALLY run them through some tough shizzle in the gym!

Also, Angi, good idea about the notes, I'll start doing that if it makes it easier. Shelley and DouMC (I take it you're Louise but was a little scared I'd get it wrong, hehe), amazing job on those workouts, you're like two girl Terminators or something- A machine full of sass that's unstoppable! Keep at it! :D
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Dazz, you make me blush!:blushing: :blushing:

So going to have to learn more about the WII games.

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Morning All! It's going to be a great day to kick some Zombie A*S!! Can't wait to hear what you have all been up to today. So far you have all been doing such an amazing job. Shelley, do you have unlimited energy or what?? LOL, you reported doing more weights at 10pm!! And Louise, I am so proud that you are going to the gym everyday! And Dazz,, WOWEE, not only are you going to the gym but putting in some serious time too! Great Job all of you!

Angi
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow team members! My name is Ellie and I am excited to be part of this challenge! So far so good as I am on track to meet my goals this week!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow team members! My name is Ellie and I am excited to be part of this challenge! So far so good as I am on track to meet my goals this week!

Welcome Ellie! its great to have some new blood! I hope you are ready to kick some zombie *kitten*!! :laugh:
  • DouMc
    Options
    20 minutes on Just Dance 2014 and 10 minutes on The Biggest Loser. Both are on the Wii. I didn't really count TBL because I did the easy exercises to see what the game was about and it didn't really make me break a sweat. Today though, I'm going to try a more intense workout on it.

I'm not too sure on how many minutes I've done cardio-wise but I think it's over 2 hours now. I'm off to the gym again for a repeat on what I did before only this time, I'm going to stay longer because I have nothing on today so more time for me.

My plan is that I'm going to have a dance-off with some zombies with Just Dance 2014, then I'll compete in a Last Chance workout against them on The Biggest Loser and then REALLY run them through some tough shizzle in the gym!

Also, Angi, good idea about the notes, I'll start doing that if it makes it easier. Shelley and DouMC (I take it you're Louise but was a little scared I'd get it wrong, hehe), amazing job on those workouts, you're like two girl Terminators or something- A machine full of sass that's unstoppable! Keep at it! :D

Yup, Im Louise. And thank you! Im new to the whole strength training thing but so far I am really enjoying it so it makes it easy to keep it up.

Everyone is doing amazing. looks like we are going to have a very strong team.

I'm just in the door from work and trying to create the willpower to go and do a kickboxing workout. if it wasn't for this challenge there is no way I would do it but I can't be letting the team down!
  • DouMc
    Options
    I did it! Dougal (my boyfriend) practically had to march me up the stairs to do it (so maybe he is supportive and I shouldn't kick him out for feeding me junk just yet!) because I was feeling so unmotivated. I was hoping to get my 60 minutes of combat training done today but the internet was refusing to co-operate and none of the videos would load so I only got 35 minutes done. :mad:
  • zumbaforever
    Options

So excited to have you! We are a small but motivated group. This is awesome! :drinker:

Louise glad he helped you with the motivation. And you almost kicked him out! :embarassed: :laugh:

Angi I have my own gym. I do go to the YMCA or the city recreation center at times. But there is no need, just like to change it up. Started working out in high school. Actually had an album, complete with flash cards, for my first home workout. Used cans of soup until I could buy weights. My husband even surprised me with a weight bench one year. I took over the basement. It is the woman cave. No couch potatoes allowed in! There is a book case of all my VHS and workout DVD' s. So I have no excuses. Recently added kettlebells. They are fun! So far today I have gotten in a Tae Bo, 30 minute, workout. I will get in another hour tonight. Weights and cardio come to mind. I love Body Pump. But could not make the class. I purchased a number of the instructors DVD' s off of EBay. Now I can do them at home.

Ellis tell us something about yourself.

Shelley
  • DouMc
    Options
    Shelley, you are amazing!!

I would love to have a home gym but our place is so tiny that I struggle to find room to work out, I definitely have no room for lots of equipment!
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options

So excited to have you! We are a small but motivated group. This is awesome! :drinker:

Louise glad he helped you with the motivation. And you almost kicked him out! :embarassed: :laugh:

Angi I have my own gym. I do go to the YMCA or the city recreation center at times. But there is no need, just like to change it up. Started working out in high school. Actually had an album, complete with flash cards, for my first home workout. Used cans of soup until I could buy weights. My husband even surprised me with a weight bench one year. I took over the basement. It is the woman cave. No couch potatoes allowed in! There is a book case of all my VHS and workout DVD' s. So I have no excuses. Recently added kettlebells. They are fun! So far today I have gotten in a Tae Bo, 30 minute, workout. I will get in another hour tonight. Weights and cardio come to mind. I love Body Pump. But could not make the class. I purchased a number of the instructors DVD' s off of EBay. Now I can do them at home.

Ellis tell us something about yourself.

Shelley

Let's see... I've been on my weight loss journey for about three years. I had some medical hiccups along the way but I have managed to lose almost 40lbs :drinker:

At this point I am focusing on the last 5-10lbs, increasing my strength training and lowering my body fat percentage. I have a home gym that I use along with a treadmill for cardio. I was wondering if doing yoga counted towards our 240 required minutes?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Ellie, from one Whovian to another, hello! :). I'm Dazz and it's so awesome to have another person in the group. Any fan of Doctor Who and The Walking Dead is a friend of mine (I also add Dexter and The Sopranos to that list too!). Team Michonne is an amazing, motivational and supportive group with amazing people so if you needed any advice, help or inspiration, look no further! :)

Shelley, I'm actually jealous that you have your own gym! Shame that your woman's cave wouldn't accept a man in, it sounds amazing! (...just realised how dodgy that sounds but you know WHAT I'M SAYING!!! hehe)

Louise, 35 minutes is amazing and I'm happy your man is being supportive! You should get his *kitten* into gear and have him do it with you! hehe.

Angi, oh awesome, fearless leader, am I meant to message you with what I've done every day or do I just post it here?

=====

Cardiovascular
    Elliptical Trainer- 20 minutes, 246 calories
    Walking- 30 minutes, 272 calories
    Boxing, punching bag- 15 minutes, 163 calories
    Wii dancing- 20 minutes, 118 calories
    Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort- 5 minutes, 73 calories
    Rowing- 50 minutes, 402 calories
    Fitness Blender video- 25 minutes 116 calories
    The Biggest Loser for Nintendo Wii- 30 minutes, 150 calories (this was an absolute guess, forgot to read it)

Strength Training
    Push Ups (push-ups)- 10 reps
    Kettlebell Swings- 50 reps, 12kg
    Kettlebell- Clean and Press- 20 reps, 12kg
    Pull Ups (pull-ups)- 10 reps
    Squat jumps- 50 reps

335/240 minutes of cardio (35/30 minutes involving combat) and 45/90 minutes of strength training.
    165 minutes added on cardio including 15 minutes added to combat and 30 minutes added on strength training.

=====
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Let's see... I've been on my weight loss journey for about three years. I had some medical hiccups along the way but I have managed to lose almost 40lbs :drinker:

At this point I am focusing on the last 5-10lbs, increasing my strength training and lowering my body fat percentage. I have a home gym that I use along with a treadmill for cardio. I was wondering if doing yoga counted towards our 240 required minutes?

It would class as cardio, right?
  • zumbaforever
    Options

It would class as cardio, right?

Yoga is so not cardio. :laugh:

I would consider it strength training. Depending on the yoga. I have done yoga that made me sweat. And not that new hot yoga fad. Balancing in the chair pose is strength, as is most of the rest. Let's see what Any I says.

Another gal with a home gym. WOOHOO

And Dazz, I do not allow couch potatoes. Not men! Lol, are you suggesting my husband is a couch potato? :laugh: If so you would be wrong. But he does not work out, does yoga once in a while. But he is a work a holic! :flowerforyou: And Dazz, you nailed it today. Awesome workout. I wish I had your energy today. :drinker:

Louise I have not always had room. But if I ever move again I want Windows to look out of! And I have been gathering my gear for more years than I care to remember. :)

30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes kickboxing and 30 minutes weight lifting. Getting closer to that 100 lb. goal. :smokin:

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Happy Thursday! You all are a ROCKING team! This is such a motivational board, I love coming here to read it everyday!

Shelley, it is seriously awesome that you have a "woman cave/workout place" in your home, I have misc equipment but find myself always needing to gather it up when I am ready to do something. UGH. I really need to join a gym, but, weirdly, I am so shy in those situations.

Dazz, you are seriously a workout rockstar! You can post your daily workouts here so we can all cheer you on and be inspired by you.

Ellie, I think you are going to fit in our group well, I love your attitude and goals! Yoga only counts as cardio if it brings your heart rate up, otherwise you can count it in your strength training numbers.

Louise, you are rocking it this week! Keep up the great work!

I ran this morning and did a kickboxing video, so my numbers are still a little low from missing a day, but I will make the rest of them up tomorrow and Saturday.

Go Team Michonne!
  • DouMc
    Options
    I have tried to get him involved Dazz but he's just not that interested. Occasionally he will start running and go really well for a few weeks but it doesn't last. Its ok though, I kinda like working out alone (or at least that's what I tell myself!:sad: ). I could practice my kickboxing on him!! :laugh: :laugh:

This team is really rocking. Congratulations everyone. You are all amazing!!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Go Angi, that's amazing! Louise, you should totally practice on him, just be careful you don't knock out any teeth! ;) and Shelley, I'm glad I'm welcome in your gym, haha. I don't accept laziness when anybody's with me either, haha. I love the fact that everybody here either does boxing or kickboxing, that's awesome! We're totally the bad-*kitten* of this challenge and if anybody says different...WE'LL KICKBOX THEIR *kitten*!

I don't know whether any of you know but I write a weight-loss blog and I decided to write a post in honour of this challenge, check it out if you have the time: http://www.doesmybloglookbig.wordpress.com.

Strength Training
    Kettlebell Swings- 50 reps, 12kg
    Kettlebell- Clean and Press- 20 reps, 12kg
    Kettlebell- Figure 8- 5 minutes, 100 calories

TEAM MICHONNE NOTES!
    335/240 minutes of cardio (35/30 minutes involving combat) and 55/90 minutes of strength training.

10 minutes added on strength training.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Angi are you a musician? If you found a gym that was convenient and clean you would learn to enjoy it. You have to go often enough to become a regular. Then you will start to feel like you are at your second home. :laugh: :bigsmile Great workout. Which kickboxing video did you do?

Louise practicing kickboxing on hubby is a fantastic idea. Hmmm, I wonder if mine would let me do a little custody and control on him. :explode:

Dazz, Dazz, you are rocking. :drinker: Your kettlebell workout workout inspired me to dig out my Paul Katami KettleBell drills. It was 35 minutes of swings, squats, figure eights, lunges, well you know. :happy: The last drill involved pushups, pushups in my kettlebell drills. Lol. Figure eights can be tricky. So do not want to let a bell fly into my television or smack into my leg. Thanks for the idea. Also got in 35 minutes of speed walking done. Kickboxing or step boxing is in order for tomorrow.

And if you ever visit, you can visit my gym.

35 minutes on both cardio and weights today.

Go Team Michonne,

Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm glad I know where I can add it so I can make sure I hit my cardio numbers. <3

It's almost time, are we excited?
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Polite Zombie here... Motivational/Funny Gif loading...

Ah there it is...

michonne-governor.gif