Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• Jfox2014
    Jfox2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a first time mummy wanting to shed some kilos. I have always struggled with my weight. I did have a long healthy period but it was slowly deteriorating before I fell pregnant. I am excited about MFP and can't wait to see my progress. Happy to motivate and be motivated:)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Sunshine I am 34 happily married with 4 beautiful children! I have been overweight my whole life. In 2005 I decided enough was enough after hitting 330pds on the scale. I lost 138pds and kept it off for almost 5 years. In 2010 I became pregnant with my 4 child and gained alot of weight back. So finally after being lazy for 3 years I decided to take the weight back off and to hit my goal. So I am down 115pds with 52pds to go! Good luck everyone, You got this!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Nic.. welcome doll.. rhonda is right sounds like you have worked out a plan.. you have some amazing whys to do this..i will work with you on exercise,,were both doing the shred you go this!

welcome claudia!! i started at 370 pounds so i have been where you are.. i too understand financial issues.. im not working right now and im eating on a very tight budget, but when somethings important you find a way to make it work.. no gym membership here i workout in my room.. shred, i run,, i do a mix of things.. you will love the support here. you gave me a idea for another thread. look for it.. it may help you.

welcome sunshine.. love the name.. im starting a heath coaching business called sunshine wellness. my dads nick was sunshine.. we used to live in the sticks with no car and the only time my dad could get to work on his own was when the weather was good so his job started calling him sunshine and it stuck.. so im naming my business to honor his memory..wow you released 138 pounds. 52 pounds! you got this!!

hey foxy.. welcome.. first time mum.. best reason to be healthy congrats.. were here for you.

lets do this!!!
  • SemiSweet510
    Options
    My name is Jess and like most on this board I struggle it's consistency. My goal is to not only become more consistent in my weight loss journey but to become strong and build muscle. With those changes I hope to become more adventurous and stop allowing my weight to restrict me from doing certain activities. What I have done to take those steps is recommitting to MFP, holding myself accountable, and setting small goals instead of astronomical ones that won't keep me motivated. As far as being adventurous I hate gyms they are a bit intimidating but I saw a fee people becoming interested in TITLE boxing club, my initial thought was once I get down a few pounds I'm going to join but instead of waiting I just joined and start my first session on Monday.

Please feel free to add me as the current ppl that have friended me don't say much to me at all, guess I was just a number to up their friends list. I wish you all the best on your journeys.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome Jess!
    you should change your ticker to I AM STRONG.. way to go on joining a boxing gym. dont let you weight stop you from living life.. your strong. you can do anything.setting small goals is the way to be successful here is a good web site

http://www.fitnessmantra.info/2007/09/13/smart-goal-setting-for-fitness-and-weight-management/

you have found a great active group... jump in.. be active we will support you!

you can do this!!
  • SemiSweet510
    Options
    Thanks Lynn! That article was great & definitely helpful.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Jess: Welcome to the group! I love the ticker and Lynn's idea to changing it to "I AM STRONG." You now have the strength of us as well behind you. We will help in any way we can.
  • Jfox2014
    Jfox2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nic.. welcome doll.. rhonda is right sounds like you have worked out a plan.. you have some amazing whys to do this..i will work with you on exercise,,were both doing the shred you go this!

welcome claudia!! i started at 370 pounds so i have been where you are.. i too understand financial issues.. im not working right now and im eating on a very tight budget, but when somethings important you find a way to make it work.. no gym membership here i workout in my room.. shred, i run,, i do a mix of things.. you will love the support here. you gave me a idea for another thread. look for it.. it may help you.

welcome sunshine.. love the name.. im starting a heath coaching business called sunshine wellness. my dads nick was sunshine.. we used to live in the sticks with no car and the only time my dad could get to work on his own was when the weather was good so his job started calling him sunshine and it stuck.. so im naming my business to honor his memory..wow you released 138 pounds. 52 pounds! you got this!!

hey foxy.. welcome.. first time mum.. best reason to be healthy congrats.. were here for you.

lets do this!!!

Thank you!:)
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What a supportive group! I'm excited to be a part of it. My name is Shelley and I joined MFP 3 weeks ago and am finding the site very motivating. I started at 302 and have a long haul to lose the weight it took years to put on. I have a wonderful skinny husband who is 100% supportive and I have 2 kids in college away from home. So it's time to take care of me! I'm tired of feeling lousy and not having the energy to do the things I want to do. Looking forward in interacting with all of you!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome shel.. i started at 370 so i know where your coming from.. you found a great group.. lots going on.. look around and jump in.. feb is going to be one wild ride.. sliding fat off our bodies!!
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The only person in my life who calls me Shel is my wonderful, wonderful, wonderful :heart: husband. So now I know I'm in the right place!!! Thanks for the welcome!! I will be seeking you out for all kinds of tips and advice!!:flowerforyou:
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    smiles.. my door is always open.. you can always private me as well.. happy to have you here..
  • saadagio
    saadagio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen. I just met Shelley today and she told me about this wonderful group. I have 35 lbs to lose and my Doctor wants it off by the end of this year. I am already down 12 pounds. I been doing MFP for a couple of years now. I use to do Weight Watchers but instead of losing the last time I was on it, I gained :cry: I am looking for Support and some Motivation on my weight loss journey..
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome Karen.. this group is amazing.. look around the threads jump in.. congrats on the 12 pounds released! you got this! nothing you cant do! your strong.. LOL ok i have to stop channeling Jillian Michaels
  • saadagio
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I have a strange question, how can I find this thread, is there an easier way to find it?? It just took me about 10 min to find it again. So I was just wondering.. Do you keep posting on the same one or do you start a new one each day? I am new at posting on here. Use to post a lot on Weight Watchers.. So this is totally different.. Thanks for the help.

Karen
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I have a strange question, how can I find this thread, is there an easier way to find it?? It just took me about 10 min to find it again. So I was just wondering.. Do you keep posting on the same one or do you start a new one each day? I am new at posting on here. Use to post a lot on Weight Watchers.. So this is totally different.. Thanks for the help.

Karen

When you click on Community at the top of the page, you can then click on My Topics, little easier to find it that way. Or you can click on Home and towards the bottom will be the link for the group page.

Welcome to all the new people who joined!! :flowerforyou:
  • saadagio
    Options
    Thank you Ronda, I'll have to try it that way.

Well another snow day here in NJ. Schools are closed Colleges have a delay opening. Not sure if they will close later today. My son is in College and commutes. So I am happy that his morning classes are canceled and he is home safe and sound.
  • greatfoodlady
    Options
    HI all! I'm a homeschool mom of 2 (11 &17) boys, wife and work from home mom. I have struggled with weight constantly since I've been in my 20's (I'm 47 now). I rollercoaster down to 150 (which I haven't seen in FOREVER) up to 250ish.Currently stuck at 226. I think I've probably tried every "diet" out there. Atkins, South Beach, Nutrisystem....u name it. Thing I've learned from them? They work great..... as long as you do them for life!! The minute u put something in your mouth that isn't on their plan or that u bought from them, u gain. No more!! If I'm going to do something for life, I want to be able to eat what I want to eat, stuff I can buy from the store or grow myself. I will say I'm getting the hang of it. Usually what happens is I lose 25#s during the summer months and then gain back 25++++ in the winter months (I set up at a lot of craft shows and have a tendancy to not eat well when I am sitting at them all day, These start in early Sept and run thru Dec). This year I've gained a little back and then relost it in late Dec/early Jan. So, small victory, but a victory nonetheless. I don't like to exercise, I know I should, and I do..but I still don't like it. I have bad knees and bad lower back, so have to find things very low impact. Walking is the easiest/least painful thing I do right now. I also have RA, which I refuse to take meds for. So I have found keeping away from processed foods (which we all know we shouldn't eat anyways, right?) and drinking LOTS of water, I shoot for a gallon a day (I switched to distilled water only in Nov and it has made a world of difference also) seems to greatly improve the RA symptoms. Okay, enough rambling.....
    Nice to meet you all! :smile:
    Roberta
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You're welcome Karen! I read an article this morning, sounds like the midwest and northeast is going to be hammered this week, 3 winter storms back to back. :frown:

Welcome Roberta! Lynneta (she started this group) also has RA, maybe you can pick her brain for more tips!
  • greatfoodlady
    Options
    Thank you, I just may do that!

PS - I live in the Midwest.... I know I said I wanted snow up to my butt, but I only meant one time, not all winter! Blah!! :laugh: