Introduce yourself

Options
123457»

Replies

• saadagio
    saadagio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Roberta. I have had weight problems most of my life too. I gained over 75 pounds when I was pregnant. My doctor was not concern over my weight gain at the time, since I had a high risk pregnancy.. I only had a 30% chance of going full term. So he was like, we will worry about the weight later. Here it is 21 years later and still trying to get off the baby fat. I do not know much about RA, but if you are able to walk with out being in a lot of pain, then just walk.. I do a lot of walking because I have a bad back (do to a car accident). Since you are a homeschool teacher, can you take your students out for a nature walk, and have them find certain animal tracks..You can do that in the snow too. I use to be a Infant School Teacher. When my kids were old enough to walk on their own, I would take them outside and walk with them, and checkout the leaves or plants, even bugs.. Just to get myself moving more.. Just a thought. Oh I hear you about the snow, I wanted a white Christmas, we had that, now it is time for the snow to go.. Oh before I forget, is there a different taste to Distilled water? In the winter time I have a hard time drinking water. So one day I decided to try putting a lemon wedge in my water and now I am back to drinking my gallon a day..

Ronda, yes we are being slammed with snow this week. We have 3 major snow storms every couple of days, I think that is what I heard last. We were only suppose to have 3 inches out of today's storm, but we are up to 6inches and it has not stopped. I was happy to get the phone call that they closed the College for the day. And most likely again on Wednesday.
  • Velasca
    Velasca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Traci and I'm glad I found this group! I find I do better at this weight loss stuff when I'm held accountable! I've been overweight for years now. Probably haven't been out of the 200's in several years..... I currently want to lose about 80 lbs. I was doing well last year around this time and dropped 30 but after a few months of eating well and working out regularly I tend to start slipping and all my bad habits come right back. Several months later I'm back where I started. I really want to stick to it this time. I want to reach my goal! I'm tired of feeling this way.... and I'm tired of turning to food when life gets tough. I'm depressed because I'm overweight, then I eat because I'm depressed!

Anyway, like I said, I'm happy to have found this group :-)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    welcome Roberta!!

i too have RA i started going to school to become a health coach and when i lost my job .. still not currently working i lost my insurance so i no longer could get my transfusions for my ra.. i had more clarity i didn't feel like a zombie so since than i refuse to take any meds not even ibuprofin for a headache or cramps.

i have heard about distilled water helping with ra.. what joints do you have it in.. mine is left elbow and both wrists.. ticks me off because i cant do pushups, pull ups, tricep exercises.. i still workout though .. i don't let it hold me back..

do you eat gluten? since going off it symptoms have improved some..

i agree with finding a lifestyle you can eat for life.. have you ever heard of eat to live? my diary is open if you want to have a peak.. we also have a recipe thread.. feel free to post.. make new posts.. make yourself at home.

welcome Trac!!
    lets get you to onederland.. once and for all.. i know the cycle of self sabotaging.. well with this group and some tools you will learn you can break that cycle.. one of the best books for emotional eating i can recommend is the beck diet solution. its cognitive behavior towards food.. it helped me so much.

on saying i can tell you i repeat to myself.. food= fuel for my body its not to comfort my body

ok guys.. if you click topics.. than view all.. it will show you all the threads.. i have stickyed alot of them, but not all show so if you click view all you can find things better,,

jump in.. talk, be active.. we are here for you. make some goals.. share anything you want.. this is a safe no judgement place to be yourself. don't be afraid to ask for help.. were in this together.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I started MF about a month ago for the Biggest Loser competition at work. I am trying to lose around 20-30 lbs. I haven't weighed less than 200 since high school and used to work in a pretty physically demanding job. At my new job, its all desk work and I spread out quite a bit, lost most of my strength and as such, aren't as active as I thought I would be going into my 30's. Most of all, my brother who is a marathon runner/fitness blogger/police officer is always inviting me to things that I have no confidence in myself to accomplish. My strongest desire is to be able to meet my brother at some event and finish it next to him.

On a personal note, I am married to a wonderful woman, and have 3 kids (8 yrs - 3 yrs - 5 mo). I'm new to the world of healthy living; which is my way of saying that I'm incredibly ignorant when it comes to exercise and nutrition. Either way, I hit the enter button my mistake, so I apologize if this posted twice.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    hey mags.. welcome!! tell us about yourself.
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    whoops, just edited my original post.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    Mag.. at work can you take short walks? i also use to do squats and such in the bathroom.

if you want to run.. we have a c25k thread you can join.. you can do anything you set your mind to.

you are not ignorant we all are learning we will all help get you to onederland..,happy you joined us

jump in post be active
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    Squats in the bathroom isn't a bad idea. At least then if anyone walks in and hears me groaning and breathing hard it won't sound out of place. I get up every now and again to walk from the offices back through the warehouse, and after wearing a pedometer for a couple of weeks, I seemed to average around 6000 steps by quitting time.
  • Hello, This group seems to be exactly what I've been looking for! Lovely encouraging people helping to keep each other motivated, just what I'm after!

Sorry, I'm Charlie, I have 27lbs to go to get to goal, hopefully before my holiday in June. I'm calorie counting, trying 5:2 and doing the shred and 30 squat challenge. I've been gaining and losing the same few lbs for a looong time now so this week is the start of getting myself in check, I've reset all my figures and really going for it. Woooo! X
  • pchrysta
    pchrysta Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Chrysta. I'm 35 years old. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I've been 20 lbs over my "normal" weight since having my last child 2.5 years ago. I stuggle the most with time to fit in exercise and motivation to find the time. I work full time with a 2 hour round trip commute so time at home is precious.

I might be overloading myself but I'm starting 30 Day Shred this week along with a walking challenge at work and of course mfp.

I am 5'5, 155 lbs and my goal weight is 135. However, I would probably be cool with 145 and toned also.

I'm excited to join this group!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 squat challenge?
  • Sorry that should have said 30 DAY squat challenge, although no one has told me if they are meant to be in one go and I certainly won't be if they are! I've just been doing sets of 10 as and when I can fit them in - I did 10 in the shower this morning, then 10 whilst brushing my teeth. I'm not sure if it works that way so I should probably have a search to find out but here's the pic that goes with it :)
  • Oh wait how do u post a picture?!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    charlie! welcome! im doing the shred and squat challenge as well.

break it into segments if you need to. movement is movement it all counts. i know about yoyoing the same pounds over and over.

welcome Chrysta!! love the name! do you have a pedometer to track steps?

rhonda here is the challenge

http://strivengrind.com/30-day-squat-challenge/

the one im doing anyway... its my rest day!!