Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Challenge. JOIN ME!

Options
starchile
starchile Posts: 248 Member
Hello All!!

So, I see a lot of JM 30DS challenges in the forums but I wanted to start one for US!!! At over 300lbs I am NOT going to have the same experience as some other folks!

I see that you can just watch them for free on Youtube so that's a plus.

Anyone interested in joining me???

Start date of Feb 1? Anyone??

Replies

• SadieRose07
    SadieRose07 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and can't do all the moves exactly like they do, but I would be up for a challenge.

What were you thinking? Not sure about every day, for me...
  • starchile
    Options
    I have the DVD and can't do all the moves exactly like they do, but I would be up for a challenge.

What were you thinking? Not sure about every day, for me...

I love your Black Lab!!!! I have one as well...he's my 100lb baby boy!

Sooo...I think we should each do what feels right for our bodies...as long as we are pushing ourselves just a little out of our comfort zone.

We can each specify what we plan to do at the beginning. So if you, for example, feel like you want to challenge yourself to do Four days/week then you can say that up front. Whatever you choose to do in the 30 day period is good...as long as you stick to what you said you were going to do. We are more for accountability. :)
  • SadieRose07
    Options
    Thanks! She's a mix so on the smaller side..67lbs. :-) She's more fit then I am! LOL

Okay, I'm going to ponder what I want to commit to, and see if anyone else chimes in (for ideas). I definitely agree we should push ourselves!

I'm good with a Feb 1 start date.
  • starchile
    Options
    Cool!! I hope we can get more people to join!

I've decided that I'm going to do Level 1 for the full 30 days. I watched it and I'm not much of a "jumping jack" girl but there are tons of them in there. I'm going to just do my best I guess!

Also, I'm not going to do 7 days/wk either b/c I'm also doing C25K for a tri that I have coming up in April...I'm going to shoot for 5.

This is what I've come up with so far...but it may change by Feb 1! LOL. I may take Monday off and just do 4 days.

M: 30DS
    T: C25K Gym
    W: 30DS
    Th: C25K Gym
    F: 30DS
    Sa: 30DS
    Su: C25K Park/ 30DS
  • SadieRose07
    Options
    Wow, C25 + 30DS in one day! Awesome!

I'm going to do 4 days a week (every other day) including my walking every day.

So we start on Feb 1 which is a Saturday (so first week is Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri)

Hope we get some more challengers too!
  • starchile
    Options
    Ok, my disc came! I'm tempted to put it on and see what I can do! I'm a little bit excited!

But yeah, you are right, the C25K AND the 30DS in one day is pretty ambitious. I was thinking that since I usually do my run in the morning that I can do my 30DS in the evening...but whatever I do, I want to try really hard to make it something that I can stick to. Maybe I'll try that the first saturday and then change immediately if I feel it's going to be too much.
  • starchile
    Options
    Alright I've posted in a couple of other groups...hopefully more people will join us!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    What is c25 and do you just look up online 30ds? I'm trying to add more things in February I'm doing a gaol to walk 100 miles for February but want something else
  • starchile
    Options
    What is c25 and do you just look up online 30ds? I'm trying to add more things in February I'm doing a gaol to walk 100 miles for February but want something else

C25K is Couch to 5K it is a program to help people who have NEVER jogged and/or are not in good shape learn to jog for 30 minutes. The goal of it is to help you jog a 5k but when I do it I never get even close to running 3 miles because I jog so slow! LOL. But even jogging super slow for 30 minutes is a huge victory. It starts you off with jogging for 60 seconds and then walking for 2 90 seconds and just continues with intervals from there. It's a REALLY good program. I've downloaded the app for my phone but you can find the printer friendly version here to see what it is: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is on youtube.com for free (level 1 only): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

We would love for you to join us!!!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    yes I would love to do both. and we are starting on the first? and thank you for the info, I'm going to look up the C25K and I might get the app.
  • StarL3sS
    StarL3sS Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Is this an App or a DVD that you have to purchase? Very interested in your challenge just not sure if I can do it. Right now the water seems to be the best place for me.

thanks
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I'm going to do this.

M: C25K
    T: 30DS
    W: C25K
    Th: 30DS
    F: C25K
    Sa: walking
    Su: C25K/ 30DS
  • starchile
    Options
    yes I would love to do both. and we are starting on the first? and thank you for the info, I'm going to look up the C25K and I might get the app.

Ok, but just to be clear this challenge is only for the 30 Day shred...I've been doing C25K for 2 weeks already...It's completely seperate. But of course you are welcomed to do what you want...I'm just clarifying. :)

BTW, I will post my FINAL schedule that I'm committing to this Friday...doing C25K AND 30DS in one day would be VERY challenging for me.
  • starchile
    Options
    Hello!
    Is this an App or a DVD that you have to purchase? Very interested in your challenge just not sure if I can do it. Right now the water seems to be the best place for me.

thanks

Hi nope! the JIllian Michael's 30 Day Shred app is free on Youtube...check the link that I sent above.

Hope you will join us!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Thank you, I still think I'll try both, I am also trying to walk 100 miles in Feb so the c25k might help me out, plus I also do some weight lifting two times a week. and yoga two times a week. but its all light for now. But I am excited and ready to do this and glad I have others to talk to about it :)
  • SadieRose07
    Options
    I'm firm in my every other day for the 30DS. I'll also continue my walking every day (moderate, walking the dog) :-)

Excited to start!!!!

@star - will we just have a running thread to "log" to, or a daily thread, or something else?
  • starchile
    Options
    Alright so it looks like it's three of us: skittles, Sadie and me. Awesome! I'm imagining that other people will join in along the way.

So, I think the easiest way to do this is just to long in on this thread every day for a check in. Feel free to post challenges, successes, how your body feels...anything and everything. I think the more we stay connected to each other the more accountable we will be. I have before pics that I'm going to post....gonna try to get some that show my arms clearly. If others would like to do this as well that would be awesome. There's nothing better than being able to see a difference at the end of your hard work and sometimes it's hard to see by just looking in the mirror.

Ok, HERE WE GO!! To get started, let's each take the pledge that we will:

1. state our plan specifically and clearly to the group

2. stick to our plan for a total of 30 days: Feb 1- March 2

3. If we miss for whatever reason POST to the group still! We are ONLY HERE for SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT...no one is here to judge or be judged...the reason why we want you to post even when you slip up is so that you remain accountable and so we can support you.

Does this sound fair??? Does anyone have any suggestions or additions???
  • starchile
    Options
    I'll start!

I pledge to stick to the following plan for the next 30 days:

Mon: 30DS
    Tues: 30DS
    Wed: C25K
    Thurs: 30DS
    Fri: 30DS/C25K
    Sat: FREE day with Makeup option
    Sun: C25K

I promise to check in to this group every day and if I miss I will be accountable to the group and come here anyway!

(aaaaccckkkk!!!!!)
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I pledge to stick to the following plan for the next 30 days:

M: C25K
    T: 30DS
    W: C25K
    Th: 30DS
    F: C25K
    Sa: walking
    Su: C25K/ 30DS

and I will check in every day even if I miss a day. I am also doing zumba, body pump, and walking 100 miles in Feb. I will also be doing the photos I will take them on day 1
  • SadieRose07
    Options
    I pledge to:

Complete Level 1 of the 30 DS every other day, so:

Feb 1 - Sat
    Feb 3 - Mon
    Feb 5 - Wed
    Feb 7 - Fri
    Feb 9 - Sun
    Feb 11 - Tue
    Feb 13 - Thur

And so on...

I will also post daily to let you know how I'm doing, and to provide support and encouragement to you!

Here we go...starting tomorrow...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :-)