February Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

February 2014:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most therapy groups for BED. When I was in BED therapy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159017-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2014

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    Options
    February 2014:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0

Days I did NOT log it all - 0

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 1

The Binge: 0

2/1/2014

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
    ― Rumi

Our wounds are helping us find our strengths while we're on this journey, fighting off the bad habits which can be quite the struggle sometimes...

"Turn your wounds into wisdom"

:flowerforyou: First day of a new month, best of wishes to everyone! We got this.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
    ― Rumi

Our wounds are helping us find our strengths while we're on this journey, fighting off the bad habits which can be quite the struggle sometimes...

"Turn your wounds into wisdom"

:flowerforyou: First day of a new month, best of wishes to everyone! We got this.
    Thanks!
  • Tig_
    Tig_ Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this challenge so I hope I am logging it right on here. If you can let me know if not, that would be great. I don't actually log my food on MFP anymore as I am doing Weight Watchers but I am definitely fighting against the horrible-ness that is Binge Eating Disorder.

February 2014.

Me - 1 (yay!)

Binge - 0.

* It was so close today but managed to pull myself back from the brink.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thinking about starting up these Challenges again. It's been a long time, but I've had some bingeing episodes I'm certainly not proud of and can sure use this extra support again! So here we go!

February 2014

Kourtney - 1
    Binge - 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Had a mini binge last night. Was still under calories because I am doing WW and used allowance calories. Still counting as a binge because was not hungry or time to eat either. weekends continue to be a challenge for me. The good thing is now I can manage to only binge one day of the weekend vs. Friday night thru Sunday. This will kill weight loss for sure. Have a good week everyone and continue to check in!

February 2014: - February Goal is to log it all!! With private diary I should be able to manage this one.

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 1

Days I did NOT log it all - 0

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thinking about starting up these Challenges again. It's been a long time, but I've had some bingeing episodes I'm certainly not proud of and can sure use this extra support again! So here we go!

February 2014

Kourtney - 1
    Binge - 0
    Welcome back Kourtney!! Own the binge and put it behind you. Today is a new day!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    2/2/2014

me: 0
    B: 2
  • Glutenfreefitness
    Options
    This is great! I have long struggled with binging (I haven't gone more than two weeks in over a year) so this should be interesting. Its definetly time for a change

Me:0

The Binge: 1
  • kge0891
    Options
    Welcome back Kourtney!! Own the binge and put it behind you. Today is a new day!

Thanks Molly! Feels good to be back

February 2014

Kourtney - 2
    Binge - 0

Days binge free: 6
  • SherryP71561
    Options
    I was doing pretty well Saturday, considering I was home alone until late afternoon, but once I finished everything I set out to accomplish, I started "picking" which turned into overeating, verging on a binge. So I'm going to give the day to the binge. I'm usually pretty good at planning my days with exercise and what I'll be eating, but the weekends can be a crap shoot.

Me - 1
    Binge - 1

Days Binge Free - 1
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for the new month and plan to check in more often here. This weekend was nuts but I'm trying my best not to obsess and beat myself up for it. Saturday we went out with friends and I went over my calories, but I won't be counting that against me since it was not a binge episode, just a few too many drinks :). Sunday however...let's just say the Super Bowl foods and drinks were enough on their own, but I then CHOSE to continue the binge at home after the game was over.

February 2014
    Me: 1
    Binge: 1
    Days Binge Free: 0

It's a new day, and I can always choose to be healthy.
  • Tig_
    Options
    Lottie : 2
    Binge : 0

Days Binge Free in February - 2

(I didn't count in January so not sure.)
  • MePlus20
    MePlus20 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread, so I am a few days late but I will join in! I think it will help keep me accountable so maybe I won't binge today and I can add a '1' to "Me" tomorrow.

Me: 0
    Binge: 1

Didn't log: 1
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    2/3/14

me: 0
    B: 3
  • Tig_
    Options
    Lottie : 3
    Binge : 0

x
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Feb 3rd, 2014

Me: 3

The Binge: 0
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    February 2014

Diane - 1
    The Binge - 2
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I plan on finishing the month, I'm not going to slack off this time lol. I've been working on a plateau for a couple of months, and thought about trying the TDEE -20% route, instead of the MFP/eat-back-exercise-cals way. But, I am feeling that when I look at the higher number on my counter, I have more leeway to eat and eat. I'm going back to the lower MFP cals, and if I want to eat more, I need to earn it by exercising more. I think this is best for me and my mindset right now. Thanks for reading and good luck

Me - 2
    binge - 1
  • kge0891
    Options
    February 2014

Kourtney - 3
    Binge - 0

Days binge free: 7

Pretty proud of myself today. Got a Valentine's Day care package in the mail from my mom with all sorts of goodies inside (I won't say what cause I know that is against the rules!). However I just had a FEW of these goodies, not 1000s of calories worth, which is a big step I must say. Hoping to keep this up and meet this goal I set when I set for starting med school (to lose 7 lbs per trimester). I succeeded 1st trimester, and was doing well 2nd but had some bingeing episodes and am only down 2 lbs (but better than it could be!). So my goal is 5 lbs in the next 5 weeks, a little rough, but hopefully I can do it as I started T25 this past week lol.

Anyway good luck to everyone fighting the monster! We can do it, one day at a time!
This discussion has been closed.