March 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME all walkers! February is almost behind us, and according to folklore passed down the generations, the month of March "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" or so the saying goes. So the time to be planning on joining the new monthly challenge is here once again! And no matter what the weather will be like in March we can walk away our pounds and achieve better health while staying indoors :smile: .

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop in the player will help us become stronger and healthier as we continue to walk into 2014.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside, or on the treadmill, as well as other walking DVDs, count also. However you get your walk on, please join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome! Just walk right in :smile: .

It is fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another walking instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds sometimes just want to know.
If you are doing additional exercise besides the walks feel free to mention them if you feel like it. It is always inspiring to get new ideas and also to support one another in our pursuit of health and strength however it is done. So please share those also if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the March 2014 challenge together as we continue to walk our way toward our fitness goals we made for 2014.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well, I added it all up and I walked 43 miles so far in February, and I'm planning on two more (at least!) tomorrow. So next month I want to hit 65 miles!
    I had to start out slower than I wanted because I'm so out of shape and because I didn't want to screw with my asthma, but I've been cleared to do whatever I want by the doc and my legs are ready for action, so let's do this!

Count me in for at least two miles a day
  • Hazel_nuts
    Hazel_nuts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    In in! I'm still mixing in other types of exercise with walking, so I'll aim for 70 miles this month.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have averaged 3 miles a day so I should be able to do 85 miles at least in March because we have 3 more days! However, I will be in Netherlands with my son for a week :happy: and I am not sure how much walking we will do and I probably will not be able to walk with Leslie as regularly as I can when I am home. :ohwell: So, for this reason, I am going to keep my 75 mile goal so I can meet it even if I spend most of my time in Europe just organizing my son's new house and shopping. Of course, I'll take Endomondo with me to see how many shopping miles I can get! :blushing: Happy Walking everyone! :drinker:
  • JoLynn439
    JoLynn439 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! And I'm a new member to this group! My goal for March will be 70 miles.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    50 miles in March...I may add to it later
  • mlp2004
    mlp2004 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) First challenge and will aim for 170 miles :) I've been doing 6 miles a day for almost a month now so would like to keep that up.
  • mincebyaout
    Options
    I'm in. I am new to this group and to walking to Leslie Sansone's dvds. My goal is 50 miles for March.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Going for 100 miles this month. I almost didn't make it February (150 miles), so decided to lower it slightly
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    I skipped last month and wish I hadn't! I always do better when I'm in a challenge.

Shooting for 65 miles this month.

Walk ON!:drinker:
  • constancemwj
    Options
    I'm here and ready for a new challenge.
    Last month 70 miles keep me motivated and I even passed it.
    March, I have a lot going on. But. I'm going to shoot for 80 Miles anyway.
    And Maybe more. Hopefully the weather will start to warm up finally and
    I can get outside to walk more this month.
  • flowrgal23
    flowrgal23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, and so glad to find this group. I've been walking with Leslie for two years and she is my inspiration. The snow is still piling up outside, thank goodness for Leslie, right?

I'm going to aim for 150 miles for March.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Like last month my goal is to not quite half way through the month....complete the 30 day LS workout plan and 60 months at least.
  • ItsTimeForMe820
    ItsTimeForMe820 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group and I am going to do 60 miles in March!
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am ready to do 50 miles for the month of March
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Goal for March: 150 miles
    To date: 5 miles
    Left: 145 miles

This month I'm doing a combo of these:
    Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk
    Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits
    A mile walk to the library (1/2 mile each way)
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    3.28 miles walked out in the countryside today.
    Goal is to walk the same walk every day, weather permitting. If I can't get outside I will do Leslie's 4 Fast Miles walk at home.
    So hopefully, minimum I should have walked at the end of March will be 31 x 3.28 = 101.68 miles!
    ????
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job seamoth!

My goal is to do at least 50 miles this month. I'm still liking the results from calisthenics and lifting weights, but I'm going to add a little more cardio in this month.

3 mile Weight Loss Walk today.

Total Miles: 3
    Goal Miles: 50
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Saturday:

3 miles: Walk the Walk, walked both the 1 and the 2 mile workouts. Jogged a boost during the 1st mile's cool down/stretch as that w/o ended to when I started the second w/o at a brisk pace. This made it like a regular 3 mile walk.

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for March: 60 miles, along with mixing in other cardio/ strength exercise as well,

So far: 3 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

:flowerforyou:

:smile: Last month my goal for February was undetermined b/c I was adding in other cardio/ strength exercises.

I walked a total of 56 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles. So this month I'm going to do the same but make my goal 60 miles.

Thank you all for your support last month :heart: .
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 50 miles (possibly more)

Today: Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles(2x with 4th mile; total 5 miles

Total: 5 miles
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 75
    3/1 WAH 3 Mile Power Walk- 3miles=72 to go