Mad March workout check in thread

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    @fit-I swing my kids around on days I can't work out...great cardio!
    @krok-Excellent PR rep!
    @rugby-I want to surpass my husband...not keep up with him. lol.:devil: Keep him on his toes a bit!
    @step-I don't like increments for weights. I try to stick with 5,10,25, 35 or 45 plates so I don't have to think...weight lifter don't think good anyhow.:wink:

Shorter workout than I wanted today. Didn't get in all of my HIIT, just the 10 minute warm-up.
    5x5 @ 45 for bench, rows and squat. Last set I did 10reps of each. Really am working on form for squat: making sure I push out my knees and get as low as I possibly can. May as well gain some flexibility as I rehab that wrist. Ended my workout with wrist curls with 3 pound weights. I have a little soreness in my wrist, but I will ice it before bed.

Was also out in the snow this weekend. Walked 4 miles in 4 inches of slush and than the dog looked soooo sad so I took her for another 2 miles. I love the beauty of snow, how everything looks shiny and clean, BUT I want to see my hyacinth and tulips come up now. Need to hear some spring peepers...this weather has been ridiculous! :flowerforyou:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    @neonbeige, I couldn’t agree more, hopefully the endurance will come in handy in other areas too :p

@sezxystef, I hope your weather gets better, you got hit pretty badly!

@westendcurls, great workout!

@fit, After golf hey? That’s funny, I wonder why that is? Your nieces sound adorable!

@AAbru, yep, I want to surpass this guy too, I’m working on it :) I really want the weather to warm up too, I’m so ready for winter to be over!

I did bench press last night, my 3 week.

Warmup Sets:
    5 x 45 pounds
    5 x 55 pounds
    3 x 65 pounds

Working Sets:
    3 x 75 pounds
    3 x 85 pounds
    3 x 95 pounds- I did the set of three, and then I decided I wanted to try a second set…and I got 4! That’s me officially beating my old PR pre-shoulder injury. I’m still ecstatic about this :happy:

Assistance Work:
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes-3 x 10 @ 15 pounds in each hand
    Assisted Pullups-3 x 10 @ 55 pounds of body weight supported

The assistance work went a lot smoother this week too, everything about last night made me super happy.