Like Minded Lushes - March 2014

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks

Tuesday= shooting for 0, sounds like I am drinking with friends tomorrow, instead of Thursday, but trying to keep things low...
    Being hungover at work is a drag...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Uh yeah Amy, I totally agree...those hungover days at work are the WORST!!!

Another zero last night and going for another tonight!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Amy, I'm in total agreement. I have had some wicked hangovers when I've come to work...and those days were the longest days EVER! I don't do that anymore.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - going to dinner with my girlfriend, probably have 1 beer or 2, then we're going to a cookie bake-off!! Looking forward to a fun night!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Tuesday=2 beers

I just wanted them:) no hangover...
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well done with the 0's ladies!
    I cannot say the same. Back to my nightly red wine...2 glasses.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    S - 0
    M - 0
    T - 0!

Might have those cocktails tonight I talked of yesterday.

I have been so hungover at work I've tried to nap in the sick room, gotten sick in the bathroom (and bucked up and stayed at work.....yeah, went through a phase in my life where if I was in bed sober before 2am, it was a success......), still felt drunk, etc etc etc. I now loathe being hungover at work and think I am mostly past getting so drunk the night before that the above things happen to me. It's just not worth it. Being hungover at home is one thing, but at work makes it 10x worse.

My 0's must be working! I dropped a pound this week! And 3.4" from early January!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is my first post for March....

Gary wins the award for drama in a week and it's enough to drink for sure.

Kat, sorry that you had some drama at the baby shower. Why can't people just behave?

I love all the cute new avatars...Bridget, Chole and Ashley

Sydney - great job on the 2 per night. I think it's reasonable.

I agree working with a hangover is awful. I am too old to function with them and be responsible so I try to stay away from them.

I was super lushy this weekend for 3 days. Sunday was a marathon with my girlfriend. So, now, I have to behave for a while. 9 days off in a row leaves too much room for misbehavior. :devil: <<<<was sitting on my shoulder the whole time.

Just finishing up Week #7 of my 1/2 marathon training. It was tough today because I just felt so thirsty despite having water with me. Tomorrow, I go for 3 miles straight.

Tonight is my son's 23rd birthday celebration - luckily, he's not procreating or getting engaged. :noway:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    S - 0
    M - 0
    T - 0
    W - 2 gin and diet ginger beer, 1 grapefruit vodka and Sprite zero
    R - maybe some wine. I haven't had any this week. As I was drinking my cocktails last night I was wishing it was wine instead......
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your son Kim....23 what a great year that was for me....not to say the years in between haven't been great, but that's the year I graduated college, started working full time and making good money, Len moved home from RI so I got to spend more time with him , he was also spending summers down the shore working on a fishing boat so I got to spend every weekend down there and that's when we truely fell in love....AHHH memories!!!!

Monday-Wednesday:0
    I have some wine on the counter...maybe a small glass, which I may finish up tonight. We'll see.

So, I hadn't been to the gym in about 2 1/2wks due to snow and weather and laziness. Well we went tuesday, balls out, and *kitten* I am still soooo super sore. So, lesson learned, being lazy for so long sets you back. We should be ok to get back tomorrow. We walked last night and will most likely walk tonight or do yoga (depends on how much I loosen up throughout the day).
    Saturday we are brewing out Sunday Funday (imperial stout with chocolate, vanilla beans and espresso) so I think we will head out for a nice long walk early in the morning so we can start brewing early (it takes about 5hrs with clean up). THe gym doesn't open until 8am, which set us back several hours!!!

Anywho's Happy Thursday!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wed - 5 drinks
    Wingman Z.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kat, I love your recap....sounds perfect :love:

I don't know why I couldn't say no to the wine last night. In fact, once I had the wine, I would have been just fine with not ordering a meal.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 18 oz - 3.6
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 2
    Saturday, 2
    Sunday, 2

Goal: 10

I think I'll try Sydney's way of 2 :happy:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Last night I went a bit crazy...
    2 glasses of wine, then a marg, then a beer!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-bundt-cake-with-peppermint-glaze-101383

I saw this recipes online today and I MUST make it and I shall on sunday....I'm drooling! I love chocolate and peppermint!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 5 oz red
    Tuesday- 10 oz red
    Wednesday- 5 oz red

Probably more of the same tonight....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I was a bad girl last night..........Len and I met for happy hour. Had a flight and a 10oz beer, then came home and had 3 cherry vodkas with sprite zero....I'm a little sluggish today.....weren't we just talking about being hungover at work MEH :grumble: I don't feel too horrible but definitely won't be a very productive day. Luckily, its friday and my boss is rarely around on fridays so it'll just be me in the office today.
    Planning on the gym tonight after work. Can't wait to brew tomorrow and spend the weekend at home!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    3 glasses of rose' last night. I did not finish the bottle. Go me. I run a 10k tomorrow morning, so am planning on a pint of beer while waiting for my pizza (solo with my 2 year old...we'll see if she'll sit at the bar), and maybe finish that bottle of wine off. I can run those things hungover, but it's a lot more enjoyable if I'm not. Saturday is a busy day that will probably involve mimoses after the race and day drinking so who knows.

Happy Friday lushes! I get to leave work around 12:30 and go critique landscape architecture students' portfolios. Sounds like a nice afternoon to me!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    0 for me last night.
    probably wine tonight?
    Im in a rut :indifferent:
  • kblue2007
    Options

What's wrong Syd?? :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I just spent the last hour looking at apartments in Hawaii.........told you wasn't gonna be a productive work day :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options

What's wrong Syd?? :flowerforyou:
    I miss my kid. I'm worried about him. Spring break is soon, so that should help alleviate my anxieties. Or you could book a trip to hawaii and I could tag along...that would get me right out of my rut! :tongue:
    xoxo mi amiga...have a great weekend!