Like Minded Lushes - March 2014

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My kitty Skeeter came home yesterday! She was locked in a neighbors shed and when the woman went to check on some plants she had, Skeeter ran out and was healthy, but hungry:) I woke up this morning and she was sleeping on the pillow right above me and I could hear her purring!
    I have been drinking a bit though:
    Wednesday=3 drinks
    Thursday=3 drinks

Happy hour tonight, we'll see...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My kitty Skeeter came home yesterday! She was locked in a neighbors shed and when the woman went to check on some plants she had, Skeeter ran out and was healthy, but hungry:) I woke up this morning and she was sleeping on the pillow right above me and I could hear her purring!
    Wednesday=3 drinks
    Thursday=3 drinks

YAY!!! Oh my gosh, I am SOOOOOOOO happy Sketter is home safe and sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Wednesday=3 drinks
    Thursday=3 drinks

YAY!!! Oh my gosh, I am SOOOOOOOO happy Sketter is home safe and sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto this!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Skeeter!

It's March. Why am I even trying to pretend like I'm not going to drink?

I had 3 cocktail last night. I chose liquid calories over real ones. I had a very small dinner after I went for a run. So it all works out.

GO CATS!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    omg i'm sooooooo happy for you!! I didn't think anything else could make me smile as much as my son coming home today...but that certainly did! wooohoooo!:drinker: :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks, lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wednesday=3 drinks
    Thursday=3 drinks

Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you and your kitty!!!!!!! :smile: Sometimes there are happy endings :heart: :heart:

So I've got about 2 weeks until little girl is due. Tomorrow is a long, busy but exciting day. We're going to pick up my new car at the dealership and all of little girl's furniture for her nursery is being delivered :smile: I didn't sleep well last night partly because I'm so excited about tomorrow so right now I'm exhausted and hoping I get some sleep tonight but I'm pretty excited so I imagine I'll just be up again tonight too.

I was in a real room at the hospital yesterday for little girl's non-stress test and they are such nice rooms and I got so excited for everything. I do keep telling little one to hold on for a little bit so I can get used to the new car but I'm just so excited to meet her and so done being pregnant!

That's about it for me, happy Friday!!!!!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Kat - What an exciting time in your life right now. I so remember wanting to meet my little girl, plus with her being the first it is so special and scary at the same time. At least it was for me because I was not very gaga over babies and such. Can't believe mine is going to be 26 this Sunday! I am thankful you are keeping us updated even if you are not being lushy. Plenty of time for that later :smile:

I am bad about checking in here lately. I read but I am so hot and cold when it comes to my lushiness.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday = 0
    Friday - 2 margaritas

Hubs is working a lot in the restaurant lately. Not sure if I ever mentioned our restaurant here but check it out if you are ever in the Atlanta area. thatpieplaceusa.com

It is awesome!!! We just put a macaroni and cheese pie on the menu. Four cheeses plus applewood bacon. I tried it the other day and it is to die for.

Cheers lushes!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    asj- so glad your cat came home safe and sound!

Haven't been good about posting, I do read what's up every day though keep up with the "news". :smile:

Have not been moderating very well but am getting motivated reading about the successes of you all.

Have a great weekend all, it's now spring! Better weather cometh!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 5 drinks
    Sat - 3 drinks
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    all I can say is cleaning is exhausting. especially when you don't do it very often. I do like it so much better when things are clean but the work kills me ( I am asthmatic and dusting is a killer) moderating this weekend. no to much drinking.

Amy glad the kitty came home.
    Kat I can't believe it is almost time.
    Kim I hate moving more than I hate cleaning.
    Gary the sun is shining today. Yay!!!

I love you all my dear lushes.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Mornin' Lushes!!!!
    Had a great weekend and most certainly hate when monday rolls back around!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday-5 cocktails
    Saturday-lots and lots and lots...beer and wine!!
    Sunday- 4 1/2 beers and 2 cocktails. We were pretty hung over yesterday so our breakfast beer to help us feel better lead to an all out drink fest...it was fun!!!!

I will probably go with a zero tonight and tomorrow. Len is traveling for a conference and will be gone wednesday and thursday night, so I will most likely have some wine those night!

We don't have any plans this weekend except to bottle a beer and a cider...I am looking forward to a quiet weekend, since april is BOOKED and there will be no down time until our anniversary in May!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes! I was pretty lushy this weekend as well. Left work early Friday and had 2 pints of Magners for happy hour. Then I drank about a bottle of wine and 2 cocktails.
    Saturday we had a play date with some of our besties and watched basketball and grilled out. I had a beer and probably 6 glasses of wine.
    Yesterday I wasn't going to drink but after the Wichita State KY game (GO CATS!!! They have not played that well all year.....), I needed a drink! I had a random beer from the fridge and then Eric wanted cider so went and got a large bottle of Virtue. It was excellent. I had 2 small glasses, so not even really 2 drinks total for Sunday.

I'm planing on 0's Monday and Tuesday. The weather is cold again, so I won't have spring drinking fever. I've got a Grey's watching marathon planned Wednesday night so I'll drink a bottle of wine then. One of my friends is coming in town Thursday afternoon and staying with us that night, so I'll drink that night too. Then the biggest game of the year for my team is coming up Friday. Sweet 16 UL vs. UK rivalry rematch! We won our regularly scheduled early on in the season. Just sayin..... Saturday we have a family engagement party.

Have a great week lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kat - What an exciting time in your life right now. I so remember wanting to meet my little girl, plus with her being the first it is so special and scary at the same time. At least it was for me because I was not very gaga over babies and such. Can't believe mine is going to be 26 this Sunday! I am thankful you are keeping us updated even if you are not being lushy. Plenty of time for that later :smile:

I'm the same way, still not gaga over babies or kids, oops. I'm a little scared to finally have her in my arms but honestly for the most part I'm pretty calm about the whole thing. I'm more stressed and worried about getting things done around the house before little one arrives than I am about labor or any of that stuff. I know it'll get done though.

Mama Lush I can't believe it's almost time either :noway: this pregnancy has FLOWN by. Hubs and I packed our hospital bags yesterday so we are ready when Lily is ready!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 drinks
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So the hubs bought some Kraken spiced rum. I had to try it. nice flavor but a little harsh. Zaya is much smoother. Drank a bottle of Pinot Gris last night.

It almost felt like spring yesterday.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes I am keeping up with you, just not posting much. My drinking has still been pretty consistent and boring. I think I might "try" to get some zeros during the week. But, I have pretty much been sticking with my nightly wine.

Kat I can't believe it is so close!!! I remember when you said April and I though wow my baby will be 6 months old then and its already here!!! The first time they handed me Jack I balled my eyes out and thought it was so amazing and I couldn't believe he was in my belly for 9 months. Then after all the excitement died down and I was alone with him in the hospital room I was like "OMG WTF did I do"!!!! :laugh: Being a mom is awesome and I am so excited for you!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Then after all the excitement died down and I was alone with him in the hospital room I was like "OMG WTF did I do"!!!! :laugh: Being a mom is awesome and I am so excited for you!

Hahaha that'll be me, I highly doubt I'll cry but I know I'll smile all huge like a goof and be thinking "oof, what did I get myself into?!"

12 days left!! …if she's on time. With that said I think it's time for a work out. I really want to get my last work outs in since I'll probably have to wait 6 weeks after little one is born to start working out again.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Snow today, but it shouldn't amount much so I'll be able to hit the gym in the morning. I'm on a roll the last few weeks and need to keep the momentum going!!!

Have a great day!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 5 oz white

I need to get some zeros. I think the excitement of drinking post pregnancy is starting to wear off. My baby will be 5 months tomorrow, is it sad it took me this long? :wink:

Kat- I didn't think I would cry either, but that whole day was probably the most emotional experience of my life. Of course everybody's delivery is different.