Like Minded Lushes - March 2014

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap Kat, I can't believe you only have 3wks left!!! Glad you are feeling well and baby girl is good!! Good luck!!

We haven't started watching True Detective yet. We are waiting for the season to be over, so we can get HBO and binge watch it!! I have heard great things about it and I am excited!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Got out for a walk last night, so gorgeous here yesterday. Today is supposed to be 63 but rain and the temps drop for a high of 27 tomorrow, WTF! But we aren't getting any snow and it will be close to 60 again saturday so I GUESS I can deal :wink:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Kat, I bet those 3 weeks will be over before ya know it! Good luck!! :)

Kate, True Detective was really good...but be forewarned, you really need to push yourself through the first 1-2 episodes because they are a little slow and I had a hard time not falling asleep. But, it was really great once it picked up!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - planning on 0, but going to dinner with my girlfriends so may have 1 glass of wine, but I don't know yet.
    Thursday - planning 0

Friday is my 1/2 day at work, and hubs and I are going to his hometown for his brother's birthday (although his brother lives with US)...but whatevs. On Saturday my friend is throwing a St. Patty's Day party in my hubby's hometown since she lives there, so I will be going to that & I cannot WAIT!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Bridget :happy:

Monday-Thursday:0 I am really hankering for a glass of wine tonight but will abstain because tomorrow happy hour and I am looking forward to some good beers!!!

Saturday, we have my brother and nieces bday celebrations, so cocktails will be had. Sunday I'm sure will be a recovery on the couch. I need a tasty healthy meal for sunday, something that is fairly easy. I want to feel like I'm eating bad but don't want a ton of calories!!!! Any suggestions???
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Kate, we have the weather in KY today you are getting tomrorow. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I guess because I got used to single digits this winter. At least the sun is shining. Yesterday was nasty. I guess that's headed your way too...

I made these green chili enchiladas last week. They were soooo good! I did not cook the tortillas in oil.

Green Chili Enchiladas
    • poblano chiles* (8 ounces total)
    • 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
    • 12 (5- to 6-inch-diameter) corn tortillas
    • 4 cups salsa verde, divided
    • 2 cups shredded roasted chicken, divided (I bought a rotisserie chicken from the store)
    • 3/4 cup sour cream, stirred to loosen, divided
    • 6 ounces grated Emmenthal, Muenster, or Mexican Chihuahua cheese (about 1 1/2 cups packed)
    • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    • Pickled red onions
    • *Fresh green chiles; available at some supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and Latin markets.
    Preparation
    Char chiles directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened all over. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed, then cut into 2x1/2-inch strips.
    Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to skillet; cook until slightly softened, about 15 seconds per side, turning with tongs. Transfer tortilla to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding oil to skillet as needed.
    Spread 1/2 cup salsa over bottom of 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas over salsa, covering bottom of dish completely, overlapping slightly, and extending about 1 1/2 inches up sides of dish. Scatter 1 cup chicken over tortillas, then half of poblano strips. Spoon 1 1/2 cups salsa over, spreading evenly. Spoon 1/4 cup sour cream over in small dollops. Cover with 4 tortillas, overlapping slightly. Layer with remaining 1 cup chicken, remaining poblanos, 1 cup salsa, and 1/4 cup sour cream. Cover with remaining 4 tortillas, then 1 cup salsa, and remaining 1/4 cup sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese.
    Bake casserole until bubbling and cheese is lightly browned, about 35 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces; divide among plates. Sprinkle with cilantro. Spoon pickled red onions alongside; serve

I have been a Pinterest w*ore lately. This week I made 2 new things: chicken avacado sliders and last night was (turkey) sausage and egg stuffed sweet potatoes. Both were amazing.

Oh yeah, enough about food.....I've been drinking. Not slamming drinks, but having them.

M - cocktail, 1/2 bottle rose' = 3
    T - 312 after yoga, 18oz marg and 1/2 bottle of wine at dinner = 5
    W - 312
    R - I think I may try for a 0
    F - maybe split a bottle of wine. We got 2 good movies ready to watch. Mellow night hopefully......

We are walking in a St. Patty's parage in my neighborhood Saturday so we'll be drinking. Need to get in a long run to counter the day drinking.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    YAY Ashley, thanks for much for the ideas! Egg and sausage stuffed sweet potatoes WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I love the green chile enchiladas too, but I am doing green chile corn bread saturday...might be green chile overload, hahaha!!! But I will def keep that recipe in my back pocket thanks!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    YAY Ashley, thanks for much for the ideas! Egg and sausage stuffed sweet potatoes WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I love the green chile enchiladas too, but I am doing green chile corn bread saturday...might be green chile overload, hahaha!!! But I will def keep that recipe in my back pocket thanks!

Sweet potatoes were easy. I microwaved 3, cut in half, scooped out the guts. Scrambled 6 eggs with half cup milk (2 per potato, but I had extra left) on the stove. Added cooked turkey sausage and potato guts. Then it calls for this cheese sauce that is 2T mayo, 2t mustard, 1/4 cup cheddar and 1/3 cream (I used milk) cooked on the stove to melt/combine. Then you fill up a potato shell halfway, add cheese sauce, fill all the way, top with cheese sauce and put under the broiler. The sauce made it taste a little like devlied eggs. It would be good to make a bunch and freeze too I think.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    mmm, those enchiladas sound good-you have nutrition info?

I finished True Detective last night and it was good. I was sort of expecting a different twist but that happens, always looking for something. I was hooked right away, I guess. Up next? maybe Orange is the New Black?

Sunday=3 drinks
    Monday=2.5 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    Wednesday=0 drinks

Beers tonight and watching Girls with girls and making shrimp tacos...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Calories Carbs Sodium Protein Fiber Fat

356 23 1,105 26 2 14

Sounds like a fun night Amy.

I'm having a problem with motivation today......
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I liked Orange...but I liked House of Cards better. The problem I had with Orange is the main character...I just.didn't.like.her! The supporting cast is what makes the show (and their back stories)

I started my Spring planting today. I'm hoping the flowers will brighten my mood :grumble: We're headed back into the mid 80's this weekend..so the sun and maybe some pool action should put me in the right frame of mind. Then 1 more week til the son is home and we're all off to Palm Springs for a week. :smokin:
  • amysj303
    Options
    I liked House of Cards too!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes, just a fly by. busy busy week making up for last week being out. my back still hurts so I am not doing to much working out. I am moderating and only having half a bottle of wine a night. that is good for me.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Broke down and had 3 cherry vodkas and sprite zero...oh well!!!

Monday-Wednesday:0
    Thursday-3 cocktails. 3 zeros this week is good for me....small victories!!!
    Friday-HAPPY HOUR...probably a flight and a beer and then maybe some wine at home afterwards :bigsmile:

Its friday and I like it!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    So much for any 0's for me this week......
    M - 3
    T - 5
    W - 1
    R - 1/2 bottle red, 1/2 bottle white. = 5 Oops.....

I'm going to run after work to try to counter some of the extra calories. Saturday will be a lot of walking for the St. Patty's Parade. My neighborhood has many bars and 3 large Irish bars all in a cluster so it's pretty nuts. They already had the port o potties out this morning. We won't stay for the duration as we'll have our 2 year old with us, but I'll be drinking green beer while throwing beads from a float! And then I'm sure we'll drink the rest of the day. Sunday Eric's friend may come over, and tonight UK plays in the SEC tourney, so I don't see a 0 in sight. Next week maybe.... Happy Friday lushes!
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thursday=3 drinks

Tonight we are getting sushi and I might try to keep it to 3 drinks. Celebrating St. Patty's tomorrow:bigsmile:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 3 drinks
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 3 drinks
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Corned beef and cabbage and a black and tan. Happy Irish girl.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Another lushy weekend for me!!
    Friday-had 4 1/2 beers
    Saturday-lots of capt and mango juice
    Sunday-1/2 beer, 3 vodka tonics, 2 cherry vodkas and sprite zero and 2 glasses of wine! That's a crap ton, but I don't feel too horrible today.
    Gonna log some zeros this week. The In laws over coming over this upcoming weekend so we will be cleaning a bit every night, which usually requires some drinks, so I'll see how it goes :happy:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Friday=2 beers and a taster flight
    Saturday=7 beers
    Sunday=0 drinks

Probably a 0 tonight, I have a lot of evening plans this week which usually means drinking...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I just typed up a long response and then somehow deleted it. Long story short, I drank a lot last week. Never got hammered, but kept a buzz a good part of the weekend. I will aim for a 0 tonight, but will probably drink Tuesday and maybe another night as my friend and I have Grey's to catch up on which requires wine. Nothing planned for the weekend except basketball. Which is what drove me to drink yesterday..... Cats ALMOST pulled out a win over #1 FL. Makes me hopeful for the tourney. I know a lot of you are NFL fans.....any college bball fans out there? I live in Louisville (and graduated from UK) so it's pretty much a requirement. So I love March. Just another reason to drink! :drinker: