Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    4/9 - 4 miles

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    19.7 miles added on the bike today.

AND - a little bit of sharing if I might...

I have two spin instructors whose classes I have attended regularly for the past 4 months. I really like both, but the male is super tough. When I started, I could not do all that he asked of us. Not even close. And he's cool - like super cool - one of those people who you just want to impress, not because you think he's looking down on you - but you just want him to like you and think you're cool, too - someone who I think it would be fun to hang out with outside the gym.

Today in class, I was able to keep up with everything he asked, and I started wondering if he could tell that I could keep up now, that I was in much better shape than when I started. Then I thought "probably not - he's likely not really paying attention."

After class, he came up to me and said "You have really transformed your body since we first met - it's amazing." This, seriously, was one of the most gratifying things I have ever heard. :)

exercise.png

Great job! Something like that would have me smiling for days! It's wonderful for your work to be noticed and even more so in this situation! :drinker:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    1 whole mile doing laps in the hall at work. I was in charge so it was hard to get it done and we've got so many extra people around as tech support with our new and stupid charting system - and two of them were doing laps in the opposite direction - that it's kind of crowded.

exercise.png
  • kathuggs
    kathuggs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    4/10: 2.12 Miles

April total: 10.3 Miles

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    19.7 miles added on the bike today.

AND - a little bit of sharing if I might...

I have two spin instructors whose classes I have attended regularly for the past 4 months. I really like both, but the male is super tough. When I started, I could not do all that he asked of us. Not even close. And he's cool - like super cool - one of those people who you just want to impress, not because you think he's looking down on you - but you just want him to like you and think you're cool, too - someone who I think it would be fun to hang out with outside the gym.

Today in class, I was able to keep up with everything he asked, and I started wondering if he could tell that I could keep up now, that I was in much better shape than when I started. Then I thought "probably not - he's likely not really paying attention."

After class, he came up to me and said "You have really transformed your body since we first met - it's amazing." This, seriously, was one of the most gratifying things I have ever heard. :)

exercise.png

THIS is the best feeling in the world isn't it? It's kind of different and, in a way, 'more rewarding' when it comes from someone that works in the fitness industry; after all, they do know what they are talking about, and they see so much more than we think they do. Fantastic job and keep those miles coming! :drinker:

My trainer once told me that 'seeing' my body change was as much rewarding for her as it was for me, and I must say that I never really thought about it like that. But it makes sense. Their goal is to help us towards our fitness goals, and when they see that happening, they see how committed we are, never giving up, wow, it really must be a great feeling for them as well. Cheers to all the trainers out there! :drinker:
  • speedyf
    Options
    MTD: 33.37
    Goal: 120 miles

I didn't anticipate a knee injury but I'm hoping once I rest for a bit I'll be able to kick butt. Wish me luck!
    @whistlefishy
    Just don't over do it. Just came back from an injury, and 2 months on the sideline, watching everybody running and biking is NOT FUN at all! :noway:
  • speedyf
    Options
    In addition to my run yesterday morning, I'm adding 3.7 walking miles.

exercise.png
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    4/9 - 4 miles walking/running
    Total to date: 30.25 of 120 miles
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    just 1.43 for yesterday
    Got to get moving.........
    23.08 mtd

exercise.png
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles added this morning!

exercise.png
  • imadiva32
    imadiva32 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    4-9: 2.22miles

Total: 4.22

exercise.png
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Step by step.
  • Marissaltr
    Options
    04/09 - 2.84

Total - 15.87

Doctor just told me to stop running for a week or so. He's crazy. I can't do that!!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    4/1: bicycling 16.1km
    4/3: bicycling 9km
    4/5: bicycling 11.1km
    4/6: bicycling 13km
    4/8: cycle ergometer test 7.3km, bicycling 7km
    4/9: bicycling 20km
    4/10: walking 5.14km

Total: 88.64km
    Left: 41.36km

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi - best put me down for 750 miles as currently off bike with pulled back muscle. This decorating lark can be quite dangerous!

01-04: injured
    02-04: injured
    03-04: injured
    04-04: 43.05 miles
    05-04: 44.10 miles
    05-04: 16.57 miles
    06-04: 50.10 miles
    07-04: 34.44 miles
    08-04: 34.32 miles
    09-04: 36.20 miles
    10-04: 48.49 miles
    April miles: 307.28

YTD miles: 3792
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Thursday 4/10

(Exercise bike 30.10 miles & walk 1.5 miles)

**total 31.60 miles for today

***311.19 miles done and 513.81 miles to go....:happy:
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Slow going so far. I better get my @ss moving!!

exercise.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    4/10 = 3.35

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.