April workout check in thread - aprilliant workouts here!

Options

Replies

• katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Did Workout B today... and kinda sucked at it. :(
    Squats - 5x5 - 130lbs
    OHP - should have been 65lbs, but I could only do 1x2. Went back to 60lbs and did 3x5 and my final set I only got 1x4. Ugh. I'll do 60lbs for the next two times just to be sure before I try 65lbs again.
    DL - 1x5 - 135lbs
    Hip Thrusts - 1x10 @ 18lbs, 1x10 @ 36lbs, 1x12 @ 45lbs
    Frog kicks - 3x10
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You ladies are impressive! I'm jumping in.

Yesterday I had to do things out of order due to the gym being super busy. I did bench 1st. 85 pounds but failed on my last rep of last set. Didn't have a spotter so I had to do the roll of shame.

Squat
    135x1x5 - then I didn't want to push it anymore because I wasn't using the squat rack. Not sure what you call the rack I was using, but the actual squat rack was occupied.
    130x4x5

Barbell Row (Really not a big fan of this one or OHP)
    70 pounds

Threw in good mornings
    45x1x10
    55x2x10
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Not a very good start to the day, but my workout was decent.

3 rounds for time of:
    deadlift @ 175x5
    assisted dips (red band is about 70-80 lbs I think? hard to say) x 10
    box jumps (18') x 15

Took 12:05 which is 30 seconds faster than last time, with 10lbs more on the bar. Then tried to hit 16 unbroken push-ups and managed 13, did some mobility work then tried again and grinded out 15. There was no way I was getting the last one. Redoing this number next workout, I guess!

As for the rows, I basically hit around nip-height? But I have small-ish ladies, lol

Sorry to hear you're being sidelined jstout. Hopefully your BP issues get under control quick.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    @decblessings - 85lbs for BP is awesome!

@krokador - I am jealous of your box jumps; I'm lucky if I can complete 15 of them at 4" or 5"!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    @decblessings - 85lbs for BP is awesome!

@krokador - I am jealous of your box jumps; I'm lucky if I can complete 15 of them at 4" or 5"!

Ha, I started out at 6" or so and it was a struggle, but I've been doing bodyweight stuff for 3+ years now.

Just realized I didn't type the inches out right, too. That's a foot and a half, not a giant cyclop that I jumped!
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options
    Because of my wonderfully unpredictable and exhausting job I have not lifted in 8 days. I was literally heading to the basement last night to workout when I got called to another birth. However, I got enough sleep and am hoping everyone stays pregnant long enough for me to work out tonight after the kids go to bed. I did run a very fast (for me) three miles last night that made me super happy!

How much do you all de-load if you haven't worked out in a week? I have been three days a week for months.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Because of my wonderfully unpredictable and exhausting job I have not lifted in 8 days. I was literally heading to the basement last night to workout when I got called to another birth. However, I got enough sleep and am hoping everyone stays pregnant long enough for me to work out tonight after the kids go to bed. I did run a very fast (for me) three miles last night that made me super happy!

How much do you all de-load if you haven't worked out in a week? I have been three days a week for months.

I attempt my previous weight and if it is too much go down by 5-10 lbs.

And what the heck was going on 9 months ago????
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Worked out in the hotel today thanks to Mother Nature forgetting what month it is.

Ran for 1.5 miles
    Did some dumbbell arm work.
    Played Dance Central holding 5 lb weights. :)
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options

I don't deload at all if it's okay been 8 days.
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options

I don't deload at all if it's okay been 8 days.

Thanks!
  • jstout365
    Options
    Did body weight work today....

10-1 pyramid of sit ups, decline push ups (from a jump box ~16 inches tall), bench dips with just a few short breaks

3x 15 incline bottoms up/flags mixed with 5, 4, 3.5 close grip chin ups

2x10 single leg step ups (each leg) on the aforementioned box and box pistol squats

then 2 x 10 inverted rows

then .75 miles at 6.9 mph

Got to see some crazy stuff today.....First was a kid who was totally trying too hard for big numbers on tricep pulldowns and was twisting his back all around to get it down. Thankfully a big buff guy was doing stuff next to him and told him he was going to hurt himself doing that. Then there was a kid (yes, about 80% of the gym is college kids) doing bicep curls while laying down on the bench for cable rows.

Basically, doing what Bro dude does in this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxRhtZLItY
    (props to Krok for the link)

Boxing tonight!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 of C25K today. Pretty easy, since I was running barefoot. However, I gazed longingly down at the weight room as I passed (I was on the inside track at the top of the gym). I know I need this mentally. Once, when I passed, there was a guy curling in the squat rack. I don't see that often in my gym.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Congrats Fit wow those are squats....*excuse the language* but holy eff girl...

@liza yah try the weight you were at that's what I did...was a little sore but it was all good. And it was July 9 months ago can't blame to snow...hehe...

Here is a good 22min vid on youtube for squats..found some interesting stuff in here...geared more toward powerlifters but it does apply

So woke up to a blizzard, flooding and a boil order indefinately, so cold now I am too hot cause sun is out and it's 16 degrees Celcius...wtf :noway: ...Yah...but good news is it's Workout B for me today Yah for DL.

Squats I am staying at 120 for the week..leg is feeling 95%...so not pushing it.

so 5x5 for those...(3.15 min breaks)

OHP @ 83.5 today 1.5lbs from Deload weight....:tongue: Thank goodness for weighted collars...

5x5 on those...started with 3:45 min rest last set upped to 4

ETA: GD it...I was suppose to go up to 85lbs today...frig...oh well...one more week isn't gonna kill me.

DL @ 160 just to get my form strong and hard...negatives still are bothering my leg so not gonna push those either...

1x5...

All in all a good day of lifts not feeling bad about my deloads...as my leg is feeling much better but just want to get to maintenance...pushing for that a little hard..just want those few hundred extra calories..and to recalculate my TDEE might even be more...

I should recalculate in another 1/2 -1 lb...and based on early calculations I am looking at a few hundred increase since Sept....

If I use 3 weeks it goes from 1995-2290...decent increase...gives me ice cream on top of my toaster strudel....:drinker:

I always wondered how these women eating at maintenance had a higher TDEE than me...now I know...they have been lifting longer...something to look forward to ladies...
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Starting to add a few assistance exercises to my routine and...today I squatted more than my body weight! I know that I must have passed a PB for squatting some time ago (doing 5x5 has allowed me to go higher than 3x12 ever did), but I know I've never done more than my body weight before.

Workout A

Squats
    2 x 5 - 45 #
    1 x 5 - 85#
    1 x 3 - 115#
    1 x 2 - 140#
    5 x 5 - 165#

Bench press
    2 x 5 - 45#
    1 x 5 - 65 #
    2 x 5 - 85#
    3 x 5 - 80#

(I'm finding going up in upper body stuff problematic, so I do a few sets at a higher weight, then move down)

Bent over rows
    2 x 5 - 45#
    5 x 5 - 75#

Machine chin up
    3 x 10 - (-78)

Hanging knee raise
    3 x 10
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options

Haha Thanks! I have a feeling you'll be close to those next year.

@ Wolfsbane I've been doing c25k after my lifting workouts and I'm in the last week right now, and it's been completely fine. If you're longing for lifting maybe try that?

Jstout your workouts never cease to impress me. Nice work lady!

Grats on all the awesome lifts and losses fellow badasses :drinker: :drinker:

Today's workout.

Front squats:
    45x5, 95x5, 115x5, 145x5, 160 2x3

Deadlift
    45x5, 135x5, 185x5. 225x5, 275x5, 320 2x1 Still couldn't do 2 on this. Booo!

Sumo
    135x10, 185x5, 225x5

Supersets x3
    15#Curlsx 10
    60# Rope pulldownsx10

C25k
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Skipped yesterday because of a bad cold.

Squats: warmup 20kgx5, 30x5, 40x5, 50x5 then I managed to squat 60kg (5x5) which is almost my bodyweight (I'm currently 61-62kg :) Suuper happy! I'll definitely stick to 60kg for some time until it gets easy-ish and I can do it with 900% perfect form.

Bench: warmup 20x5, 30x5 and 35x5. I tried 40kg but nope, I could only do four reps and there was no one around to spot me. I deloaded at 37.5kg and did my 5x5.

Barbell row: 42.5kg 5x5 I definitely need to deload because I'm not doing the whole ROM... I can't get the bar to touch my chest so it's pointless to add weight until I fix this.

Then lat raises with 4kg dumbbells (8x3) and upright rows with 15kg barbell (8x3).

After Easter holidays I will add some accessory work for my upper back.
    I'll be out of town until Thursday so I'll skip a couple of workouts and maybe throw in some bodyweight/bands exercises.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    had to cut my workout today. I felt like I should do something yesterday, so I did the 30 days shred level 1. But I hurt my butt doing the lunges excercise somehow. Today I couldn´t finish my squats, had to stop during the warmups already, due to pain in my left buttside. Tried the OHP then but had to throw the towel :-(

Maybe it´s good, that I am away for four days now so my poschi can heal properly. But man was I dissapointed and pissed...
  • jstout365
    Options
    had to cut my workout today. I felt like I should do something yesterday, so I did the 30 days shred level 1. But I hurt my butt doing the lunges excercise somehow. Today I couldn´t finish my squats, had to stop during the warmups already, due to pain in my left buttside. Tried the OHP then but had to throw the towel :-(

Maybe it´s good, that I am away for four days now so my poschi can heal properly. But man was I dissapointed and pissed...

I pulled a butt muscle doing either squats or lunges in body pump class before. Painful and not fun. Take the time to recover and you will be back to the squats in no time.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Haha Thanks! I have a feeling you'll be close to those next year.

@ Wolfsbane I've been doing c25k after my lifting workouts and I'm in the last week right now, and it's been completely fine. If you're longing for lifting maybe try that?

Jstout your workouts never cease to impress me. Nice work lady!

Grats on all the awesome lifts and losses fellow badasses :drinker: :drinker:

Today's workout.

Front squats:
    45x5, 95x5, 115x5, 145x5, 160 2x3

Deadlift
    45x5, 135x5, 185x5. 225x5, 275x5, 320 2x1 Still couldn't do 2 on this. Booo!

Sumo
    135x10, 185x5, 225x5

Supersets x3
    15#Curlsx 10
    60# Rope pulldownsx10

C25k

I'm taking a break. I had a really bad lifting session on Monday and it really messed with my head. I had planned on taking the rest of this week off from lifting to get mentally right. I may go back tomorrow and try again instead of waiting until Monday. I'd planned on doing the C25K on my non lifting days.
  • suznut8
    suznut8 Posts: 28
    Options
    So... I've entered a power-lifting competition so I've been deloading and working my way back up to the higher weights.

I've worked my way up to ..

Squat - 75kg 5x5
    Bench - 50kg 3x5
    Dead-lift - 102.5kg 1x5

Doing squats 5x5 is now getting real tiring!!! :(