April workout check in thread - aprilliant workouts here!

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies it's Monday...missed my Friday workout, was away on Friday and well wasn't fit for anything but couch time on Saturday. I did find some chalk blocks at a sporting goods store so bought a couple of those and my husband may be able to get an olympic bench, 1 olympic bar and 200lbs for 100$ from a guy at work..if it hasn't been bought yet...I slapped him this morning when he told me and didn't speak up last night....:grumble: :noway: :grumble:

@TGDMJ I actually have lost a lot...gone from a 38D to a 36-38 B/C..C's are for pushups...back down to my normal size just not as firm as they once were...

@diane yes squats have always been my strong point too failed for the first time at 180....:smokin:
    @kat yah curling in the squat rack...guess he thinks he is gonna drop it ??? maybe he needs to head over to the curl rack...:bigsmile: oh and Congrats on BW squats

So Workout A for me today..warm enough no hoodie so the bar is cold on my back.

Squats @ 120 again just don't want to push it...might do one more week here as my leg is feeling almost 100%. Tried different stances etc definately prefer a wider one but the close one didn't hurt nearly as much as it normally does....

Squats were 5x5 no problem (felt hard first 2 sets which surprised me with all the food I ate this weekend)

Bench @ 110 (rests at 3:45) 5x5....onto 113.5 (almost at deload weight)

Rows @ 115 (decided to stay here just to make sure I don't stall again, last reps on last couple sets were iffy on form) definately feeling set 4 and 5 in my back where I should be so I know they are doing their job.. 5x5 on those I think it's time to move onto 118.5...my deload weight...

Here is a question on rows...do you all aim for under the girls or on them or on top...I always hit right below...

I do no accessory work atm just chinups when I go to the basement and I remember and in the mood and it's usually just 1.5 cause I haven't got two out yet :laugh: ...might start doing some tricep work on my off days...we will see.

I am very glad it is finally warming up...gonna get my bike worked on or buy a new one and get out on the trails finally..only cardio I really enjoy. It was 16 degrees here today...snow is almost gone...:drinker:
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This isn't much, but I just really wanted to share that I was finally able to do an OHP with the Olympic bar today! I could only do 5 reps, but progress is progress lol. I guess that's my NSV of the day/week :laugh:

That is excellent!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I had a grumptastic workout on Friday I did squats and that was it.

The good news is I felt the need to make up for it and went to town on my squats today. One of my friends worked in with me as the Y only has 2 squat racks. I taped my squats, and he watched them to make sure they were good.

Squats:
    45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 165x5, 225x5, 255x3, 280x3, 300x1 PR and 2014 goal! woo! Well I was planning on 6 months in so now I need a new goal for the rest of the year.

OHP
    45x5, 65x5, 75x5, 85x5, 100 3, 4

Row
    45x5, 65x5, 75x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135 3x5 These felt really weird I think I'm going to drop down to 130 next time. Oh and I aim for my underwire.

Supersets x3
    Assisted pullup x3+
    Leg raise x6

C25k
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Squats:
    45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 165x5, 225x5, 255x3, 280x3, 300x1 PR and 2014 goal! woo! Well I was planning on 6 months in so now I need a new goal for the rest of the year.

Um, wow. That's all I've got. Wow.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My quads hurt soooo bad today I couldn't do any squats at all! This was supposed to be my day two so I'm pretty disappointed I couldn't get it done. I think perhaps practicing with a broom handle at home on proper squat form yesterday didn't help ;)
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options

Squats:

27970-Justin-Verlander-wow-gif-7AGd.gif

tumblr_inline_mwa4bwm2TE1r8ayy5.gif

**sorry for the gif overload, just couldn't pick between them and this PR is uber impressive.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Thanks!

My butt hurts today.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Tree, apparently you need to work on goal setting (or realizing how awesome you actually are). Either one of the two should work.

Ok, today was A day, and I was being a wussy on squats again.

Squats 5,5,4 at 180 (I didn't even try the last rep; I didn't think I had it in me)
    Bench 5,5,4, at 92.5 Roll of shame again. Stupid bench.
    Rows 5,6,6,6 at 90 I forgot I'm going to have to do a weird progression since it's a 15lbs jump to the next weight, so started with 5 then 6.

And my shoulders are still sore from deads. I find it odd that it's hurting my shoulders and not my legs.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    And my shoulders are still sore from deads. I find it odd that it's hurting my shoulders and not my legs.

Me too! I'll feel DL's in my glutes a little bit, but more so in my shoulders and back.

I'm going to throw in some hip thrusts with my Workout B tonight! I've never done weighted ones before - should I just start with the bar or try it with dumbbells first?
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This isn't much, but I just really wanted to share that I was finally able to do an OHP with the Olympic bar today! I could only do 5 reps, but progress is progress lol. I guess that's my NSV of the day/week :laugh:

That´s great!
    Squats:

Damn! I´m speechless, wow!

My day was pretty cool. In the beginning I felt kind of weak, like I couldn´t even hit the weight from last time, but then somehow I managed to increase all my weights! Yay!

Squats:

52,5kg 5x5 (115lbs)

Bench:

32,5kg 5x5 (71lbs)

Barbell Row:

30kg 5x5 (66lbs)

Plus I started Zombies, run! 5k today, yay!
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Squats:

NO KIDDING!!!!! That's incredible. Congrats on hitting your PR and goal!
  • beckty
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Thanks!

My butt hurts today.

No doubt! :laugh:
  • beckty
    Options
    Here is a question on rows...do you all aim for under the girls or on them or on top...I always hit right below...

Yes, I'd like to see some input on this as well. I HATE the rows. Like other's have said, for me, these feel super awkward and I never feel like I am doing them right.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I hit just under the girls on rows, usually. My workout was way less than stellar yesterday. So bad that I'm not even going to post it. I've decided that I need to take a mental break from it and am just going to do cardio this week and pick back up on Monday with a lot less weight and begin again.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

I hit right under them, too.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody!!!

I was down .6 pounds today!!

Here was my workout:
    Squats 5x5 115 lbs
    Ohp 5x5 45 lbs
    Deals 1x5 150 lbs <---- this was hard.

1 mile run at 9:54.

Honestly can't wait for Thursday. :) hope my 2 year old doesn't get sick (he kept me up a lot of last night.)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Squats:

Wow!! Congrats!!!
  • randomtai
    Options
    I worked out today while on vacation. Found a local Retro Fitness near my hotel and my membership is good nationwide.

Squat Day- 95 lbs.. my PR after fixing my form issues.
    Accessory work on legs and back.
    3.1 mile run from zombies afterwards.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Tai - Congrats on the PR!!!!

Well, I have to take a few weeks off of heavy lifting. I've been given the okay to do body work and cardio so I'll focus on those for now.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Tai - Congrats on the PR!!!!

Well, I have to take a few weeks off of heavy lifting. I've been given the okay to do body work and cardio so I'll focus on those for now.

Thanks!

Boooo on being sidelined from lifting. Here's to a speedy recovery!