What's everyone currently playing?

Replies

• cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    edited October 2014
    alien: isolation. it's actually way better than i expected! the ambiance is perfect and the alien is as terrifying as it should be, i'm amazed i haven't been getting noise complaints from the neighbors for all my yelling. :s
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    cosmiqrust wrote: »
    alien: isolation. it's actually way better than i expected! the ambiance is perfect and the alien is as terrifying as it should be, i'm amazed i haven't been getting noise complaints from the neighbors for all my yelling. :s

I want to continue playing this so bad but the second I heard people found a way to get it working with oculus I decided to stop playing until mine comes in. I SHOULD be in the next batch shipping out to north America so hopefully I'll be back to it by next week.

I just picked up The Evil Within to hold me over until then.
  • cosmiqrust

I want to continue playing this so bad but the second I heard people found a way to get it working with oculus I decided to stop playing until mine comes in. I SHOULD be in the next batch shipping out to north America so hopefully I'll be back to it by next week.

ooh god, i would not survive isolation with an oculus, that is a nightmare wrapped in a mistake (but the really fun kind of mistake).

the evil within looks great, i've been watching let's plays of it all day. tbh though i'm not really finding it scary? i'm squicked sometimes, but not terrified on the edge of my seat like i expected. kind of a disappointing surprise because i'm a giant baby and usually everything scares me at least a little. maybe i just haven't gotten far enough in the game.

• PowerAJS
    PowerAJS Posts: 25 Member
    Currently plodding through the painful repetitiveness that is the end of Bravely Default. If only I wasn't such a completionist, I'd be all over Super Smash Bros for the 3DS. It's on standby.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Im waiting for the new Civ game to erase all free time I have that isnt used for studying.
  • TheCrawlingChaos

ooh god, i would not survive isolation with an oculus, that is a nightmare wrapped in a mistake (but the really fun kind of mistake).

the evil within looks great, i've been watching let's plays of it all day. tbh though i'm not really finding it scary? i'm squicked sometimes, but not terrified on the edge of my seat like i expected. kind of a disappointing surprise because i'm a giant baby and usually everything scares me at least a little. maybe i just haven't gotten far enough in the game.

I'm only about an hour or so into it so far and I'm finding it mire tedious and annoying that anything. The trial/error stealth stuff is just frustrating. You don't get many ways to deal with enemies in the early game. I'm assured that another hour or so and it gets a lot better so I'm sticking with it.
  • Destiny on Xbox One. Although thinking of getting Evil within over the weekend
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I also got the Evil Within, but the PC version is really buggy currently. I got an hour or so of decent playtime out of it day one, and then the next day, it just kept crashing on me so I'm holding off on trying for a bit. As a side note, like mentioned, I thought it'd be super scary and it's totally not. =( I got a little creeped out initially but that feeling went away quickly as soon as I got past the first chapter. *sigh*
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    WoW and Skyrim, mostly. And sometimes Sims 4 :p
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    When I have time, Destiny. Definitely need to find a group so I can raid though.
  • Been playing the crap out of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. The first DLC for that rolls out next Tuesday (get to play as Jack'sclone! w00t!) Also that Tuesday the Halo: MasterChief Collection hits, so will be hitting that pretty hard. And then one week from then (Nov. 18) Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out, and I will be off the frikkin' radar for weeks with that one! B)

So far, November's been shaping up pretty good.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Finished DA:Origins! I see what people are saying about feeling more connected to the plot since that ending really does bring ALL of your choices together. Good stuff.

Just started "Two Worlds II". It's a little clunky but I'm really still in the tutorial part.

If I wanted to check out the Borderlands series, what's the best one to start with?
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »

If I wanted to check out the Borderlands series, what's the best one to start with?

Just start with the first one. BL2 has a couple of characters that continue the story line for BL1. You still may even be able to find some coop partner for BL1 even after all this time.

• EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    D3: RoS, just hit paragon 300 after a long break.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    I finished Shadow of Mordor over the weekend. I have just one achievement left and it's being a butt about letting me get it. Not sure I want to keep "grooming" war chiefs to try to drop level 25 runes much longer.

I was hoping I would play Alien Isolation once I got my oculus but I'm having trouble getting it to play correctly.

I've also tried to get into the new Borderlands, but it's way less fun without friends. All my friends are still playing BL2.

I think I'm going to jump into Lords of the Fallen next. That and continue with Elite: Dangerous, which is amaxing with an oculus + flight stick.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    dandur wrote: »

Just start with the first one. BL2 has a couple of characters that continue the story line for BL1. You still may even be able to find some coop partner for BL1 even after all this time.
    Does it suck to play it alone? I have no friends :)
  • cosmiqrust
    god i have so many games in my lineup right now. first the halloween steam sale happened, and i picked up a ton of old horror games i've been meaning to play for years but didn't feel like paying full price for:
    • the wolf among us (not started)
    • twin peaks 2 deadly premonition (started, not completed)
    • system shock 2 (started last night and loving)
    • i have no mouth and i must scream (completed, furious about)
    so there's that, and then i picked elder scrolls online back up again. on top of all that i was peer pressured into making a youtube/twitch.tv channel and making let's plays. pretty much making for a very fun and unproductive month. :s
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    I wish I could say wow lol so instead ff14
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    dandur wrote: »

Does it suck to play it alone? I have no friends :)

Borderlands does't suck to play alone. It's actually fine if you like playing alone. It's just that if you like playing with others, if you can find a group of people to joke around with and play with it's much more fun. I've played enough BL1 and 2 with friends that it's tough for me to go back.
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Started playing Civilization 5 for the first time. I like it, a lot, but I've also grown a little weary of Civ games and their addictive "just one more turn" factor. Also, winning somehow feels really disappointing. Not sure why.