What's everyone currently playing?

Options

Replies

• DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I finished Shadow of Mordor over the weekend. I have just one achievement left and it's being a butt about letting me get it. Not sure I want to keep "grooming" war chiefs to try to drop level 25 runes much longer.

I was hoping I would play Alien Isolation once I got my oculus but I'm having trouble getting it to play correctly.

Shadow of Mordor was so much fun.

Surprisingly I didn't like Alien Isolation. I thought it would be perfect since I loved Amnesia. Playing it with an Oculus Rift might be amazing though. Hope you can find a way to get it working.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    dandur wrote: »

If I wanted to check out the Borderlands series, what's the best one to start with?

Just start with the first one. BL2 has a couple of characters that continue the story line for BL1. You still may even be able to find some coop partner for BL1 even after all this time.
    Does it suck to play it alone? I have no friends :)

Borderlands does't suck to play alone. It's actually fine if you like playing alone. It's just that if you like playing with others, if you can find a group of people to joke around with and play with it's much more fun. I've played enough BL1 and 2 with friends that it's tough for me to go back.

Thanks for the info :) Well I went and bought Fallout 3 (since I liked New Vegas) so that should tide me over until...tomorrow :)
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    dandur wrote: »

If I wanted to check out the Borderlands series, what's the best one to start with?

Just start with the first one. BL2 has a couple of characters that continue the story line for BL1. You still may even be able to find some coop partner for BL1 even after all this time.
    Does it suck to play it alone? I have no friends :)

Borderlands does't suck to play alone. It's actually fine if you like playing alone. It's just that if you like playing with others, if you can find a group of people to joke around with and play with it's much more fun. I've played enough BL1 and 2 with friends that it's tough for me to go back.

Thanks for the info :) Well I went and bought Fallout 3 (since I liked New Vegas) so that should tide me over until...tomorrow :)

That has enough content to hold you over for weeks! Unless you're playing 30 hours a day or close to it.
    I finished Shadow of Mordor over the weekend. I have just one achievement left and it's being a butt about letting me get it. Not sure I want to keep "grooming" war chiefs to try to drop level 25 runes much longer.

I was hoping I would play Alien Isolation once I got my oculus but I'm having trouble getting it to play correctly.

Shadow of Mordor was so much fun.

Surprisingly I didn't like Alien Isolation. I thought it would be perfect since I loved Amnesia. Playing it with an Oculus Rift might be amazing though. Hope you can find a way to get it working.

Shadow of mordor was super fun. I only wish the difficulty stayed up the whole time. Whether it was because of the powers I was unlocking or just me getting used to the game, at some point things were just always easy to do and if not, I could easily get away from sticky situations.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I've been eyeballs-deep in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Man is this an awesome game! If you haven't got it yet, what are you waiting for? Don't walk...RUN...and go get a copy! Looks absolutely gorgeous on the new-gen consoles and the PC, and even on previous-gen hardware, it doesn't look half-bad (about on par with how DA: Origins and Skyrim looked on them.)

It's probably the most "MMO-y" non-MMO I've played. Full-bodied quest/story system, crafting, meta-games galore, and you are rewarded for exploring! Going to be playing this one for weeks, if not months, to come.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    StarGeezer wrote: »
    I've been eyeballs-deep in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Man is this an awesome game! If you haven't got it yet, what are you waiting for? Don't walk...RUN...and go get a copy! Looks absolutely gorgeous on the new-gen consoles and the PC, and even on previous-gen hardware, it doesn't look half-bad (about on par with how DA: Origins and Skyrim looked on them.)

It's probably the most "MMO-y" non-MMO I've played. Full-bodied quest/story system, crafting, meta-games galore, and you are rewarded for exploring! Going to be playing this one for weeks, if not months, to come.

oh no i'm so jealous. :'( haven't played a dragon age game since 2, even though i picked up origins when ea was giving it away for free (one of the only benefits of keeping origin tbh), but every time the commercial pops on i just want it so badly. hopefully it'll run on my year-old hp once i get paid.

meanwhile, i continue plowing my way through deadly premonition.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    StarGeezer wrote: »

I have my copy reserved, I just haven't picked it up since I won't have play time until NEXT weekend, like after TG. Le Sigh :( I'm glad to hear the rumors of it's awesomeness have not been exaggerated though.

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Woah, Dragon Age. The videos look fantastic. Though I still haven't played the first one!
    I'm a very slow player - I used to play about a dozen things at once and rotate between them. That was a bad idea; I'd forget how to play things and what was going on in between sessions, and it would take me many months to finish anything.

Now I'm down to one single-player game at a time, in addition to various multiplayer things.

I'm counting Guild Wars 2 as my current singleplayer, to finish the main campaign with one of my characters. Been dawdling around with that game for the past two years. I'm on the final stretch. It's been awesome, but I'm itching to move on.

Next will be... Car Mechanic Simulator! I think it looks super cool and I don't know much about cars or mechanicing, but I do like fixing things so maybe I'll take to it.

I'm also determined to learn Smite and focus on that as my new multiplayer. I play a little League of Legends but I'm not crazy about it. I figure Smite is different enough as a MOBA that I'll enjoy it in a different way. Unlike when I started learning DoTA2 and it felt redundant to already knowing LoL.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I tend to toggle what I play; Depending on spare time. My kids play Wizards101 and SWTOR and I will play and help them on their quests. (Although, I stink at the whole PvP and prefer the PvE in a game)
    I tend to play games from Assassin's Creed, F.E.A.R., Thief, Guild Wars, Fallout, LOTR, Star Wars, and Elder Scrolls
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I think I might put in some Destiny time, but Shadow of Mordor should arrive on Friday. I snagged a deal on Amazon last night for Shadow of Mordor +the LOTR extended editions for 55. So for $5 less than the Gamestop by my house, I can get the LOTR extendeds in blu ray.

Yes please.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Just finished Far Cry 4 (PS4). Damn, that was fun! Have unopened GTA V (PS4) still to look forward to.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Shadow of Mordor.... that's not half bad.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    The steam sale got me! I bought a few new games. I've been playing The Long Dark and 7 Days to Die. Both pretty fun.
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    After a 5 year hiatus.... I started WOW again :smiley:
  • KayDeeCat
    KayDeeCat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty focused on WoW since the expansion so that's all I've been really playing.
    Otherwise I've poked my nose in Depth, Second Life, and Torchlight II.

I am going to be streaming myself playing Dragon Age Origins starting next year since I have never played it before and my holiday is going to be a tad too busy to get it in beforehand.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I'm also the victim of the latest Steam sale. Got a couple of gifts (original Borderlands, South Park: Stick of Truth), gave a few gifts (Final Fantasy remakes), and have been hovering feverishly over a few more (Tomb Raider Collection, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series.) Plus, still neck-deep in Dragon Age: Inquisition (50+ hours so far.)

Oops, just checked...I waited too long, sales off. :s
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    After a 5 year hiatus.... I started WOW again :smiley:

SAME. that black friday deal was too much to resist. there goes my three year clean streak.

on top of that, my steam sale haul this time around came out to payday 2, dark souls (finally), goat simulator, the evil within, and gta san andreas to relive my childhood. o:)
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Right now I have actually been going old school with a game called mount and blade warband, and just now discovered the mod community and just how far a lot of them have expanded the gameplay. I bought GTA 5 for ps3 on a sale but my system died while installing updates, probably going to get it for PS4 in a week or two.
  • NinstonBiller
    NinstonBiller Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Warframe And League of Legends.
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    Just had a baby so not playing too much right now, but when I get time I have been playing Advanced Warfare... PS4. I also love anything Elder Scrolls.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I've been dabbling with FIFA 15 recently. Not online against other players. I suck. XD I only play offline.