2014 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Saw some nice photos already. It's amazing all the places people ride. :smile: :smile:
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I did get a ride in today before we left Bermuda. I won't get another ride in until 5/13/2014 as we will be traveling home until then. My rides are posted to Strava and Garmin if you need data before then. Internet time is expensive on the ship.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Come on Fourth Team!!! I'm not seeing a lot of entries on the rides log. :smile: :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    okay - as I may have hinted earlier - I've been working on a logging/recording spreadsheet in google sheets.

I've not finished adding bits to it, and there may be the occasional glitch in the odd formula (as you'll appreciate when you see the size of the damned thing), but it's about safe now to release it "into the wild"...

so - if you've a machine that can cope with Google Documents applications in the browser, have a look at this link...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qoBU3Om2ZzFmPSacvUlwW5n5cG3_mF2JYPWGwnbRyuU/edit?usp=sharing

You should see a "read only" version of the document, so don't try adding your rides to the thing onscreen or anything silly like that.

a couple of features you may like - aside from the main "team view" display in the "Summary" tab where everyones rides are amalgamated, added into team scored by the day and totalled by rider and team - there are a couple of other tabs...

The "Leaderboard" tab is an automatically updated analysis of the GC, Sprint and KoM tables.

The "Distance by Team" tab hides a graphical representation of the distances ridden by each team, and compared to the overall distance of the actual race... it's a bit of a work in progress at the moment, as I'm missing the key to the different lines. (the Pink line, naturally enough is the Actual Race Distance)

If anyone spots any problems, drop me a PM and explain what's going wrong.

Cheers.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Looks great to me fella :wink:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Spread sheet worked beautifully. :wink:

Wish the rest of my team would add some miles. :laugh:
  • kerrylikesbikes
    kerrylikesbikes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Come on Fourth Team!!! I'm not seeing a lot of entries on the rides log. :smile: :smile:

Aaargh...I feel terrible. Could not ride Friday OR Saturday (my mom is here for mothers day weekend). I will be out riding tomorrow for sure...and will try to make up for my slow start next week!
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My sincere apologies Team 2. Unexpected family duties required me to stay off the bike this Friday and Saturday. I should be single, lonely and ready to ride for the remainder of the challenge. I expect to have to get wet as we have a 10 day forecast of rain looking me in the face.
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Look again.
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Apologies to team 1. I have been a proper fair weather rider this weekend. I chickened out on Friday going to work, couldn't face putting wet kit on. Yesterday I had a 21st Birthday party, although it was in an Italian Restaurant, and today has been the recovery.

Once again apologies.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Apologies to team 1. I have been a proper fair weather rider this weekend. I chickened out on Friday going to work, couldn't face putting wet kit on. Yesterday I had a 21st Birthday party, although it was in an Italian Restaurant, and today has been the recovery.

Once again apologies.

S'alright; you're playing the Domestique role 'til you put the hard miles in & catch up though :wink: :laugh:
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Look again.

Nice riding Stu! I hauled my bike all about yesterday hoping for a break in the weather to no avail! I don't do thunderstorms... Not even for the Giro...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Way to go Team 4! You guys came through in spades! Stu - You are an animal! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Team 2 Announcement, we are getting our arses kicked, just thought I would put it out there.

Hope you all have a good rest day.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Team 2 Announcement, we are getting our arses kicked, just thought I would put it out there.

Hope you all have a good rest day.

They are just trying to lull us into complacency before kicking it in gear and kicking our butts. :laugh: :laugh:
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    TBY, on the Google Doc logging sheet, what are the little blue numbers?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    TBY, on the Google Doc logging sheet, what are the little blue numbers?

On the GC Competition they're assistance for the Metrically challenged (distance in miles)

On the KoM Competition they're average Ascent/Km figures - an indication of how hilly the persons riding has been.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I'll be posting the rest of yesterdays updates to the spreadsheet over the course of this morning.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    On the GC Competition they're assistance for the Metrically challenged (distance in miles)

On the KoM Competition they're average Ascent/Km figures - an indication of how hilly the persons riding has been.

Ah, cool... I should've spotted that :blushing:
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'll be posting the rest of yesterdays updates to the spreadsheet over the course of this morning.

TBY, where is the updated spreadsheet located ??
This discussion has been closed.