cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Word of advice for the other teams...don't sleep... :bigsmile:

jaws_Large.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Bad timing here....I do core, lift weights and do a track workout on Tuesday and Thursday. We don't count indoor tracks workouts so I planned on a good ride today.
    Well nature finally caught up with us SoCal folks. Wild fires all around me. All the places I usually ride was ablaze with fire. Air quality is dangerous for riding.

Track tomorrow and hoping Friday the air is back to acceptable.

Good news is our house is still standing, some are not so lucky.

Take care. Prayers from the East coast to all our West coast pals!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bad timing here....I do core, lift weights and do a track workout on Tuesday and Thursday. We don't count indoor tracks workouts so I planned on a good ride today.
    Well nature finally caught up with us SoCal folks. Wild fires all around me. All the places I usually ride was ablaze with fire. Air quality is dangerous for riding.

I am so sorry to hear this.... Stay safe... Sending prayers to your end!
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

A fellow San Diegan! I had no idea :) I would offer to go riding with you but you would probably blow my wheels off :D

Glad to hear you're safe, hope you stay that way! So far we've had good luck in East County (except for the heat), and Coronado is pretty much always a nice ride, especially if you like a constant on-shore wind (nice tailwind heading out, nasty headwind coming back in) :)
  • cyclistphil
    cyclistphil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Any chance I can still get in on this as an alternate?
    (http://www.strava.com/athletes/74312 Philip Neis)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    when I get chance, I'll wade through the thread and sort out an "alternates" list - as I'm sure there have been a few people who wanted to be "on the list" just in case. At the moment, I'm on the iPad, and it's not the easiest thing to trawl through big messy threads like this one with, so it may have to wait until I fire the main computer back up tomorrow...
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Need a big effort from Team 2 this weekend to move off last place
    plenty of good riders here to make this happen time to dig in for the Team :happy:
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    plenty of good riders here to make this happen time to dig in for the Team :happy:

So let it be written...so let it be done!

yul_brenner_jpg-magnum.jpg
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I Like It!
    Much more authoritative
    900km behind the lead guys............
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Get to work Team 4. The current difference to Team 1 is nominal and about the mileage I plan to ride in the next few days anyhow. I should be good for 300+ miles next week. Let's see the rest of you post some big numbers too.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    So I tried to copy the log and edit it to add rides on my iPad - that worked poorly. And considering how persnickety TBY gets when you foulup the posting, I'll be posting the weekend ride info with a Monday data dump when I get back to work (it's the only computer that's not a tablet I can access) then. Some things are easier done on a full size machine.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    So I tried to copy the log and edit it to add rides on my iPad - that worked poorly. And considering how persnickety TBY gets when you foulup the posting, I'll be posting the weekend ride info with a Monday data dump when I get back to work (it's the only computer that's not a tablet I can access) then. Some things are easier done on a full size machine.

no worries mate, I'll enter the figures from strava as "provisionals" if I get the chance, until you declare... but it won't be tonight, I'm trifle "cooked" at the moment...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I want to apologize to my team. I spent all morning in a C-Section and didn't get a chance to ride. I'll see what I can do later today but it's not looking good so far. On the plus side, we delivered 11 healthy happy labrador puppies. :drinker: :drinker:
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Here is a random question. What do you consider a "big" km ride?
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options

I dug, I wrote and did.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful to the rest of my team. On a day when I couldn't get in a good ride, they came through in spades! Way to go Team 4!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Here is a random question. What do you consider a "big" km ride?

400k or more. Anything less is kiddie pool stuff.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Think I'd have had to ride up and down the street a couple of extra times - my OCD would have been twitching at 200m short of the round figure...
    14026161467_e05da1cd96.jpg
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My apologies to Team 4... the heat and the wildfires kept me off the bike Thurs and Fri, and out of town activities yesterday. However I'm on a quest to get a massive (for me) ride in today by riding about 33 km to the coast for a hamburger and a shake :D
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    My apologies to Team 4... the heat and the wildfires kept me off the bike Thurs and Fri, and out of town activities yesterday. However I'm on a quest to get a massive (for me) ride in today by riding about 33 km to the coast for a hamburger and a shake :D

now THAT's the kind of ride I wish I'd had today...
This discussion has been closed.