Post your daily workouts here.

Options

Replies

• Dee9394
    Dee9394 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welll I got in a great walk and Boot Camp/Circuit training yesterday.

May have to add me to the injury list!

Woke up this morning to a rather sore and swollen ankle and I have no idea what I did so today may end up being my rest day.
    I had planned on that being tomorrow so we'll just have to see how it is when i get home tonight. Weird!
    I hope you feel better!
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    [Dee9394 wrote: ]
    Today, I did about 70 minutes on the treadmill and bike. My back is much better, and I couldn't sit any longer. I have decided to only do Turbo Fire and add gym machines 3-5 times a week for a while.
    t's great to hear you are getting a bit better.

My back injury prevents me from running. If I walk on a hard surface without shoes on, the impact radiates right into my lower back....I can walk fairly well but not run. This pushed me to bike riding and that is going good so far.

Back injuries are terrible and I wouldn't wish them on anyone. I really hope you are able to work through yours without much difficulty.

Take care,
    Carl -
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    To any of you carrying niggly injuries take care, quite often these will lead to other injuries such as if you have back pain you are more inclined to walk differently to ease the pain and end up hurting ankle, knee joints etc... It is frustrating when these occur but if you can safely switch to a different excercise which doesn't impact as much such as swimming or cycling while it heals do it, if not you are better resting up and let it heal or you could end up doing more damage.

Nice cardio session in the gym this morning folowed by some weight machines that don't annoy my injured shoulder, I may go for a walk with the dog when I get home after work in the morning though have to admit I am feeling tired at the minute and still another 7 hours to do, had over 23k steps done on my Polar Loop today and around 4,300 cals burnt. Well pleased with that and perhaps why I am feeling so tired at the moment.
  • pmackey49
    pmackey49 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's Friday, I've had a very productive week, I'm taking a long walk today to destress.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to all!

Dee - so glad the back is doing better! Like Carl, I don't run. Im not a runner by nature anyway and since hip surgery - well no matter what they say, an artificial hip just doesnt have much give in it on hard surfaces. Fortunately I can do lots of walking and I'm getting back on my bike.

Smirnoff - you are so right about the nagging injuries. Especially as hard as everyone is working, it's easy to try and push through when you need to give yourself some rest. Speaking of which - if you are that tired, maybe a good call to take it easy? just saying.

I'm happy to report that my ankle is much better this morning. Nothing like going home, putting it up on some pillows with ice and my puppies (dogs help so much dont you know!) , advil and watched my tape delay of the Tour de France. Any major walks are out still but think I might try a light bicycle ride when I get home. We'll see how it is at the end of the day.

Have a great day everyone!
  • aseymour13
    Options
    It's Friday, I've had a very productive week, I'm taking a long walk today to destress.

That sounds like a very good idea!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Smirnoff - you are so right about the nagging injuries. Especially as hard as everyone is working, it's easy to try and push through when you need to give yourself some rest. Speaking of which - if you are that tired, maybe a good call to take it easy? just saying.

Was just work grinding me down, came home this morning and felt great, had a very nice 4 mile walk, nice soak in the bath then bed.
  • Dee9394
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! :flowerforyou: I believe my body was telling me to pick one program or the other. They are both very intense programs. Since I get bored easily, I included T25, which I had already completed, and I think that was a mistake. Anyway, no aches or pains today...other than from the bike seat yesterday! They really need to make those seats wider! :laugh: Tomorrow, I will start up with Turbo Fire again.

Today, about 30 min on treadmill (1st day of C25K) and 30 min on elliptical.
  • heather_dunphy
    heather_dunphy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bike ride went almost 9 miles in 60 minutes. I was going to stop after a half hour I was getting sore but I kept going till I hit one hour. ☺
  • Dee9394
    Options
    Turbo Fire- HIIT 25 + Sculpt 30 Class
  • pmackey49
    Options
    A walk today....
  • aseymour13
    Options
    Smirnoff- I understand the work grind. Glad you were able to get a nice walk in.

I did an easy bike ride yesterday (Dee - lol I so wish they made the seats wider). I was surprised that it was almost 8 miles.

Light circuit training this morning, now icing the ankle, watching Tour de France. Probably gardening later.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    I took today as a rest day..... those are rare for me!
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    I took today as a rest day..... those are rare for me!

Me too, contemplated a walk after work but it was raining and I felt tired so listened to my body and went to bed, this is my last out of 4 12 hour shifts, so gym session in the morning, bed for a few hours, get up and have my weekly weigh-in then chinese take-away tomorrow night, movie night and a vodka or two :drinker: Looking forward to it, I'm easily pleased lol
  • 1013carl
    Options
    I've got yard work today after my rest day!... Getting house painted next week!
  • Dee9394
    Options
    Turbo Fire- Fire 30 + Stretch 10
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me too, contemplated a walk after work but it was raining and I felt tired so listened to my body and went to bed, this is my last out of 4 12 hour shifts, so gym session in the morning, bed for a few hours, get up and have my weekly weigh-in then chinese take-away tomorrow night, movie night and a vodka or two :drinker: Looking forward to it, I'm easily pleased lol
    [/quote]

Smirnoff, nothing wrong with enjoying simple pleasures
  • aseymour13
    Options
    antrobin - Exactly! The simple pleasures can be the best!
    Looks like everyone is getting back at it.

Bike ride yesterday morning. Just over 10 miles. I was pretty pleased with that considering I had to take it easy.

Ankle is still swollen but getting better. don't know that I'll get much walking in but I will get a workout tonight.

Happy Monday!
  • pmackey49
    Options
    Zumba an hour session.
  • Dee9394
    Options
    Turbo Fire- rest day. About 90 minutes on treadmill and elliptical.
This discussion has been closed.