June is Busting Out All Over

Options
seehe
seehe Posts: 946 Member
bc1d008b-47d5-4aa3-a9e9-1bb0912663b4_zps18550517.jpg

Spring has sprung, summer is around the corner, and it seems like a great time for fresh starts. I know what I need to do, but boy have I been standing in my own way of doing it. Time to get out of my own way this month ! As I mentioned previously, my overall goal is consistency whether it be in making healthy food choices, sticking to my calories, exercising, recording in my diary everyday, or whatever!!!

My strength did not come from lifting weights. My strength came from lifting myself up when I was knocked down” – Bob Moore Weightlifting Champion

I hope all you wonderful Hatter gals are feeling refreshed and jazzed for June:smile:

Replies

• jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Happy June - I am hoping to get more time to exercise this month. I was pretty good in May, but I need to step it up a little. especially since my husband I are on this journey together and his pants are falling off - so unfair - men suck.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Susan - GREAT SIGN!!! LOVE IT!! AND SO sadly true for me as well!! :cry:

So I'm giving myself a big SHOVE out of my way LOL..

I'm slightly discouraged because the scale has NOT moved in a long time; although there's no reason it would have based on my performance with food and exercise until the past few weeks. I am loving getting back to walking everyday and the weather has cooperated enough to keep me consistently going so I'm pumped about that... (altho my tootsies hurt a bit this morning cause I did a long walk yesterday... so this morning I simply strolled for an hour and stopped to watch the lake and the ducks and pet a few dogs.. then I treated myself to a pedi and mani ... I HAD to cause my poor little feet were sore right?? I had no choice. lol

I've been eating better FINALLY ... still facing a few challenges with all the dental work cause my beloved raw veggies just aren't on the agenda at this stage.. but I have to find alternate veggies or cook the darn things cause its not an excuse anymore. I WANT to get back to losing weight and hopefully shoving myself out of the way so I can WORK at it will help kick start the loss again - thanks Susan for not only starting the topic but opening with such a great inspirational msg!!!

How was the vacay???????? I think you're back now??? Did the alternate arrangements work out??

Jan.... Amen to MEN SUCK when it comes to losing weight.... the beasties can drop it like there's no tomorrow... so frustrating, specially when you gotta live with em!!!

Just take a deep breath and remind yourself that you're doing this for YOU... changing the way you eat and move permanently so new habits become the norm... and every day that you nourish your body with good healthy delicious food and move the parts in some way, you're succeeding at your goal!!! So pat yourself on the back chickie... and have an IPOM moment! (An IPOM in our group.. is an acronym for an "im Proud of Me" moment.... claim something you did for yourself in some way today that got you closer to your goal - so let's hear it!!

My IPOM - I stopped for a coffee on the way back from the lake and faced down racks of donuts and cinnamon buns without flinching.. and had a yummy healthy tomato and lettuce sandwhich on whole grain for breakfast instead.....and enjoyed every bite!. IPOM!! :drinker:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I shoved myself outta the way so hard I toppled over... :bigsmile: but I saved the pedi from damage LOL!

Coast is clear now from the biggest obstacle so off to get my protein and veggies bought for the day! Back to basics and in a good place! :bigsmile:
  • seehe
    Options
    Yay Snoozie! Sounds like you are off to a great start! I pushed myself out of the way yesterday , too :smile:
    My vacation plan B turned out to be much better than I expected as the resort was just awesome, thanks for asking.

Jan, I hear ya about the men thing! And in my case, I have always lost weight slower than EVERYBODY, male or female, no matter how diligent I am, so I don't compete with anyone else ever! But exercise really does help in a lot of ways, thanks goodness :-)

I have an appointment today with my podiatrist - hopefully he can help with a plan C for my neuropathy pain , otherwise aqua fitness and yoga will be my exercise mainstays during this heat. Oh yes, and there is always that eliptical beast- better get cracking if I am going to try to take that one on lol
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Just take a deep breath and remind yourself that you're doing this for YOU... changing the way you eat and move permanently so new habits become the norm... and every day that you nourish your body with good healthy delicious food and move the parts in some way, you're succeeding at your goal!!! So pat yourself on the back chickie... and have an IPOM moment! (An IPOM in our group.. is an acronym for an "im Proud of Me" moment.... claim something you did for yourself in some way today that got you closer to your goal - so let's hear it!!

My IPOM - I stopped for a coffee on the way back from the lake and faced down racks of donuts and cinnamon buns without flinching.. and had a yummy healthy tomato and lettuce sandwhich on whole grain for breakfast instead.....and enjoyed every bite!. IPOM!!

Snoozie... IPOU.... yes, coffee shops (WAWA and Dunkin) are the enemies... and Hershey is my downfall (just like you and chips)
    Carol:wink::flowerforyou:
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    <<<< favorite fireman / pita...
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I gave up chips Carole... cold turkey :bigsmile:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I like coming here and seeing that sign first thing every morning Susan!:bigsmile:
  • seehe
    Options
    I like coming here and seeing that sign first thing every morning Susan!:bigsmile:

Glad you like it :smile: The message resonated with me sooo much, so thought I would share it , in case it resonated with anyone else, too!

Kinda quiet on the board this month- how's everyone doing??
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've had a rough week. My husbands best friend of 35 yrs passed away from surgical complications. the funeral is this Friday. it will be rough.

other than that I have been busy busy with my kids and 2 jobs as well as my husband and I started our own tea company last year and we sell at farmers markets. our first one is this sunday.
  • seehe
    Options
    Jan- OMG I am sooooo sorry to hear about your husband's best friend. How very tragic :-( My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, and his friend's family.
  • seehe
    Options
    Snoozie- my heart goes out to the 3 Canadian officers who were killed in the line of duty and their families :-(
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Jan - sincere condolences on the passing of your husband's best friend.... often times friends are closer to us than family members so he must be devastated...

Susan - thanks.... seems like this sort of tragedy is happening all over and far too frequently these days :cry:

I'm throwing out a challenge to all the Hatters... for one day of this upcoming weekend, healthy choices only. No crap, no treats, no nothing that doesn't do something good for our bodies..... just one day of totally healthy and good for us eating...

Shouldn't be hard as that what we're supposed to be doing anyway right?? But I still struggle with making a habit out of just enjoying good healthy delicious food, so I'm throwing out the challenge to everyone - ONE DAY. 24 HOURS.

Who's in???
  • seehe
    Options
    Count me in for the challenge !!!! I pick Sunday for my challenge day ( cause right now I'm at La Paloma resort celebrating my tenth anniversary ) . Thanks for the challenge and motivator Snoozie :smile:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Susan!!! Hope you have a lovely time celebrating wink wink nudge nudge lol!!::embarassed:

and YAYYYYYYYYY.... k i'll do Sunday too... (well I'm hoping to do Saturday first lol.... !!)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hey all hatters !!!

I know its been way to. long. I had a little bump of the wagon for a couple of months. Been climbing back on the last couple of weeks and really got on board Monday. So this challenge comes right on time. I am going for both Saturday !!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hey, I almost missed seeing this challenge, thanks, Susan. Count me in !! I just bought fresh green beans, cabbage, squash, zucchini. so that might get me through my day. I'll start Sunday for sure, but I may ease into it this weekend.
    I haven't gained but a couple pounds...but it needs to go somewhere else.....where I can't find it!!

Snoozie, Thanks for the motivation.
    I miss you all, I have been frazzled since vacation, over extended knee swimming ...then over extended my back later on in the week....they just don't make chandeliers like they used too...lol
    But it's all healing well.
    I am excited to get things moving in the right direction!
    Best wishes to us all!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    wooo hoooooo!! lovely to wake up and see there are four of us in.. yippee!!! I'm really looking forward to this.. and to seeing what everyone came up with for their food choices - Gail, you helped me out with a dinner idea with the green beans already!!

I'm heading down to the lake early as I awake anyway and I think this weekend the dragon boat races are on down there, so best to get in and out afore the crowds!! have a fab weekend everyone and ROCK ON with getting back on track and 24 hrs of good stuff into us!!

Gail and Tammy - LOVELY to see you back.. we missed ya !! LMAO @ the chandelier comment Gail - you go girl!!! too funny.. but the back is not... I was one of the people who thot back people were faking it.. til it happened to me!! Then i felt so bad cause i had no idea what they had gone thru.. so you really do have my sympathies girl!!!

heading out and will pick up some greens on the way home..... yay USSSSSSSSSS!:bigsmile:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I've started logging again and have opened my dairy for the challenge - think this mini challenge is going to help reset my mind set and my attitude as well!!! Anddddddddddd still loving the sign Susan!!

:bigsmile:
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    I'm going to choose Saturday. ..Sunday has coffee hour at church. ..easier to avoid dumb choices ..just have to avoid chocolate and other baked goods. .but will have a small serving of chips with my hoagie

Carol