June is Busting Out All Over

Options

Replies

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I didn't wind up walking to the meeting - but I did pick up the pace on my 5k. i am going to squeeze in my extra time somewhere. just haven't figured out where yet

i should add i didn't wind up walking because i had a house full of teenage girl drama going on. anyone wanna buy a teenage girl??? anyone??? please????:flowerforyou:

I'll trade you one 19 year old yound man (favorite pita - pain in the ...) and you can have the hubby too (buy one get one free?) ... jk - love them both and no, don't want any teen age girl drama... have enough fun with my 19 year old son.. his drama and hormones..

Carol
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i have 3 teenagers. a 16 yr old boy a 16yr old girl and a 14yr old girl. the 14 yr old is going to make me crazy. you would think that trying not to kill teenagers would be some sort of calorie burn
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ jmc... it does.. it does burn calories!! if a hot flash counts, then for sure 3 teenagers in one house with you does!!
    just take a deep breath, remind yourself you wouldn't look good in prison stripes, and escape the madness - even if you have to sit in the car for 10 minutes LOL! HANG IN THERE!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well I finally pushed myself to get back on the bike today...I can't figure out why things have to be an all or nothing thing with me. I always feel so good once I do it. I just keep putting it off until next thing I know its time for bed. Then I think oh well tomorrow, then I do the same thing the next day.

It was the same way with the last couple of months of eating, its a all or nothing with it also. I need to find a middle ground for both the eating and the exercise. Finding that middle ground is going to be what leads to being able to maintain once I get to my goal. Something I am going to have to give some thought about.

Making good both good eating and exercise choices today.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Tammy - you hit the nail right on the head with the all or nothing mentality... I agree wholeheartedly the answer to maintening good health for life is balance... I honestly think the years of yo yo dieting up and down and "failing" and getting "Back on the wagon" crap have resulted a lot of us (I think) having that all or nothing mentality as well, and we definitely need to banish it from our thoughts and our thought process! I'm absolutely going to ponder that and perhaps put the msg "it doesn't have to to be all or nothing just do something" on my cellphone wallpaper for a reminder!

huge congrats on another day of great choices and braving the moment to start on the bike again.... well done you!! I also carried into another day of great choices; but I did not eat enough - by messing up my forgotten appt I skipped breakfast and it was past lunch when I got back... thankfully I had cooked up a chicken breast yesterday so I just grabbed one and chewed on it to tide me over til a healthy early dinner. Then I saw the forecast for rain the next few day so I popped out and got in a brisk 20 min walk thru the hood just to make sure I made th challenge lol. Nowhere near as beautiful around here as the lake but the noise and the crowds made me hustle at least :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    By the way.. I see we have a few new members over the past couple of weeks... just wanted to say welcome to all and please feel free to jump in anytime to say hi and let us get to know you a bit (no pressure tho!! we're perfectly ok if you'd rather not too! :bigsmile:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Content with my day - managed to get some movement of the parts In an another day of good food choices :bigsmile:

Tammy hope your sister arrived and you two are happily reconnecting!!

Hows everyone else doing today?
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    HI, I did well today...but I do have a few more eating hours to go, but my mom is coming tomorrow.....so you know the drill.....clean, clean, ugh!... clean.....just to make it presentable. wouldn't want her to think I live like an "oink oink" lol

So that will be my exercise. I am drinking cucumber water to quench my appetite.
    I'm feeling a plan falling into place...
  • Snooozie
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: YAY YOUUUUUUUUUU GAIL! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

and I will be sympathy cleaning with you... I slagged off all my vacation and now have to pay the piper so I can enjoy the last two days before going back to work Saturday :sad: so i'll be scrubbing right along with ya!:drinker:
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Thanks, it makes it better to have company...I'm trying out some new Famous Amos cleaner...I hope it's good for the earth, cause I can't see it being worth it's money...yet! :grumble:
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    I prefer famous amos cookies....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Glad you are both having successfully healthy days Snooozie and Gail!!! I had a pretty good day today - was a little tired cause under ate yesterday but managed to get a little house cleaning done myself as well as yoga. I have one aqua fit class down and hoping to make it to a morning class tomorrow, and if I do then I will have reached my challenge goal for this week :smile:
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    It's 11:30 pm here, house is clean, shower taken, hair washed...now I'm too tired to sleep...6:00am is going to come early...whew~!

Susan, glad you had a good day, I hope tomorrow is better.
    Snoozie, Carol....I know you both had good days.
    I hope everyone else did as well...

Off to dry my hair, then find a heating pad for this back!!
    P.S.
    AS a beginning hoarder...I threw away some stuff!! IPOME!! but I did put a note saying it was still working! hope someone stops and picks it up...lol
    nite , nite
    G
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - HUGE IPOU on the tossing of items - I know that was a major accomplishment girl well done!:bigsmile:

and great job on the cleaning lol... isn't it funny no matter how old we are, when our mothers are around we are always feel we can still get in "trouble" lol!

Susan!! Super job on the extra aqua fit classes - want a wake up call so you can hit the class this morning?? LOL I think it's about 3am your way as I'm typing.... ?? Well done YOU!!

I am meeting my two oldest friends for lunch today - won't have a problem making good choices for lunch as it's an excellent restaurant, but there will be wine!! AND it's my sisters last day of work today, she officially retires next Friday but I will be stopping by her place with a bottle of vino to celebrate her freedom on the way home :drinker: Only two days left of my vacation so it's a lovely way to spend the day, and getting back to eating well and moving has me feeling great and wanting to continue! and planning in advance for the celebration today of two glasses of wine means I can thoroughly enjoy! Woo hoo!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I sent my sister this today to help her thru her last day by reminding her of how to enjoy her retirement and the importance of positive thinking.... but I realized its just as applicable for me - they are pretty good "rules" for me to remember every day too so thought i'd share!

Say Yes More. We fight against what happens to us in life, rather than allowing it to be as it is. We resist it, rather than accepting it. We say “No!” rather than saying “Yes” – or even just “Okay.” By saying “Yes!” more to life, we go with the flow. Things become more enjoyable and positive, less stressful and anxious, and often the situation turns out for the better regardless. “I will say yes to every favor, request, suggestion and invitation. I will swear to say yes where once I would say no.” –Danny Wallace

Learn to Let Go. Remember, letting go doesn’t mean you “forgive” the person at the grocery store, or you “allow” that kind of behavior. It just means that you release the negative emotion inside of you. By releasing negative emotions, you’ll not only enjoy much more freedom in your life – you’ll also become more emotionally stable and less stressed too. “By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try, the world is beyond the winning.” –Lao Tzu

Do Random Acts of Kindness. The more we give, the more we receive. A Random Acts of Kindness or RAK is a small act of kindness that you grant to someone else in the world – for absolutely no reason whatsoever, without expecting anything in return. Just throw a little extra kindness out to the world – and watch how you find greater happiness starting to flood back into your own life. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” -Dalai Lama

Happiness Is Only Ever Now. We spend so much time waiting to be happy in the future, or worrying about the past, that we forget to live in the moment. But here’s the thing: Life is transient. The past has gone. The future is just a dream. The only time that truly exists ever is RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW is the ONLY time you can do or change ANYTHING in your life. And NOW is the only time you have. “Few of us ever live in the present, we are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” -Louis LArmor

Experience, Don’t Hoard! Investing in experiences rather than material goods created greater lasting happiness. It doesn’thave to be big and it doesn’t have to be expensive. And you can always do it on your own, too. By living, and truly experiencing life, we feel more whole, fulfilled and authentic. So, experience – don’t hoard – and you will be happy. “When youre curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.” –Walt Disney

Appreciate Both Sides of the Coin. The truth is that in order for you to experience true happiness in your life, you must experience sadness. Without sadness, we really can’t even understand what happiness is. Just enjoy and embrace all your life adventures. And when seemingly negative things happen, remember that it’s just the duality of life. It’s just the other side of the coin. It’s required. It’s part of the equation. “You don’t know when you’ve hit a peak until you’re coming down. And you don’t know when you’ve hit a trough until you’re climbing out. It’s all good.” –David Brent

Be More Social. Countless studies on the science of happiness have turned up one single characteristic of the happiest and most successful people in society. They have a large social network! Don’t just wait for interesting people to stumble into your life. Keep going and going. Expand your social circle as far as you can. Be the person that walks through town and bumps into a dozen friends. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” -Marcel Proust

Intention Sets Direction. Decide on where you’re going and how it’ll be for you – and it’ll happen. set your intention first. Make it clear that you’re going to have a great time, you’ll meet some fantastic people, and that it’s going to be wonderful. Set your general intention every morning and every night, too. The brighter and more positive, the better. Set your sunny intention – and you will be happy. “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.” –Henry Ford

Enjoy Simple Pleasures. It’s an attitude. The ability to appreciate the happiness, the beauty, the pleasure in the simple things around us. Remember the simple things that you truly enjoy. Then take time out to experience them again. Or even better, turn them into little daily or weekly rituals, filling your life with sunshine. Quite simply, enjoy simple pleasures and rituals – and you will be happy. “Simplicity is the essence of happiness.” -Cedric Bledsoe

Accept What Is. By accepting, welcoming, embracing what is, you clear all of your emotions. Your thoughts gain more clarity. You become happier. You experience more freedom. If you can change things, after accepting them, you’ll have a sharper mind and more energy to do so. Pointless worrying – there’s nothing you can do about it. Shrug and smile about it, that’s life. “Happiness is a function of accepting what is.” –Werner Erhard

Zoom Out and Don’t Sweat. You never, ever know what is around the corner. So, try regularly “zooming out” of your current picture, and realizing the true priorities in your life. If you can, do it every day – particularly when you return home from work. Then kick back your shoes, and enjoy some quality time with family and friends. Life is short. “If you do not raise your eyes you will think that you are the highest point.” -Antonio Porchia

Laugh, Dance, Smile! Surround yourself with happiness – wonderful music, dance classes, evenings with friends. Take time to laugh at the craziness of life! Splash out and enjoy to the max. True happiness, self-development, freedom, comes from inside – and is expressed externally in bright faces, a big smile, and plenty of laughing. Laugh at all of the silly problems you’ve been holding on to, so very well, for so long. “A friendly look, a kindly smile, one good act, and life’s worthwhile.”
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Thanks snoozie... well said:flowerforyou:

Carol
  • seehe
    Options
    Wow Snoozie, what a wonderful gift to your sister, and thanks for sharing such great words of wisdom with us, too :flowerforyou: hope you had a great time with her and also with your two friends :smile:

Progress update on my exercise challenge for this week : I did an aqua fit class Monday at 5:30 and was aiming to do one at 10:00 yesterday. I was up at 8:30, but I have been tired lately, and didn't have the energy for morning cardio ( note to self - make sure to remember to take your vitamins and eat enough calories). So I decided to go to Curves in the evening instead for some cardio , which would meet my "add two cardios " goal, and when I got there , they were starting a Julienne Michael's session SO I decided to challenge myself even more and participate . I tried it once before with a friend and made it half way around the circuit. I am proud to say I made it twice around the circuit yesterday :smile: It was exhausting!!! Time for some aspirin for sure lol.
    imagejpg1_zpsda9a5b7e.jpg
    But, exercise challenge met - yipee!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Woo Hoo Susan!! huge congrats on meeting the challenge, AND exceeding your own goal!!11 :drinker: well done YOU!! lmao @ the cartoon... I felt your exhaustion from it!

Had a lovely day yesterday, and the rain and thunderstorms might clear in a bit to let me get one more lake walk in this morning before heading back to work tomorrow; wah! But had a fabulous time off so can't complain... much!! haaaaaaaaaa!!

Have a great weekend everyone; and if someone has an idea for a mini challenge for next week, pls raise your hand lol!:bigsmile:
  • seehe
    Options
    images_zps6862fbf1.jpg

Would anyone be interested in a hydration goal?
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    images_zps6862fbf1.jpg

Would anyone be interested in a hydration goal?

Already on a 6-9 glasses of water per day....so, should be easy??? How about a non-sweet / non-soda goal too???

Carol