Daily check in

Replies

• Hi Liz! Welcome to the group! You've done so well so far :) Good luck on your strength training - you'll love it

Dana - nice work getting a workout in!

Ashley - glad to hear you're feeling better :) Barbell - so exciting!

Back to tracking today. Doing pretty well - actually I have some extra calories :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Ashley, do your fingers go numb? I used to have this problem, but I know a stretch to help it. I'd get such sore arms as my shoulders were so tight. I passed it on to a friend and it's really helping her too.

Im doing good :) logged my lowest weight ;)

Welcome, Lizie!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Welcome to the group Liz! :)

Dana-- it's great you've found a workout for home! Especially with the kids around, haha

Kiwi-- I haven't experienced any finger numbness yet (hopefully I don't). It's just the back of my right arm (only the right..) that gets really cramped up from holding it up to hold the bar..? I don't know why my other arm is fine, either

Thanks for the well wishes guys! :)
  • IronLizerd
    IronLizerd Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks everyone! I loved strength training. Today I am going to ask the gym monitors to show me around the weight room.
    What are your favorite workouts to do with weights? Or maybe the most effective?
  • Congratulations Kiwi! :drinker:

Ashley - could be you're just a little uneven? I know one of my shoulders is slightly higher than the other so my arms are at different angles even though they're evenly spaced on the bar.

Liz - I've been doing Stronglifts since May and I've seen a ton of improvement. It's pretty straightforward - 5 sets, 5 reps, 5 exercises in an alternating schedule. I'm getting a little bored though, so I'm starting Strong Curves this week, which I've also heard a lot of good things about.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    It's pretty normal to be tighter on one arm than the other, especially your dominant!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2011/ask-the-250-2a.jpg

^ If you look at that, that's your starting position. Then trace your fingertips along the ground above your head and slowly rotate your torso till your on your back and your arms are wide. Then trace your fingertips back along the arc to the original position. You need to keep your knees in exactly this position. Give it a go, might help, might not! pretty nice stretch anyway! :)

I suggest strong lifts too!
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Welcome Liz! Great job on your weight loss so far, and good luck with your new soccer coaching job :)
  • DanaW13
    Whoops, I must have hit reply by accident. I did my weekly weigh in and had a 1 pound gain. I think I have beenk cheating and not tracking carefully enough. I also have my first cold of the season--I need to struggle through and make this weight loss happy before Thanksgiving.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Had indian last night, and chocolate and lots of things :P Not weighing for a couple of days, just to let it settle. Then we'll see where I'm at!
  • Mmm sounds like good eating, Kiwi :)

I made brownies but I hid them in the freezer - hopefully that will keep me away from them.
  • DanaW13
    I went over yesterday because of a pulled pork sandwich I ordered at an apple orchard, so I have some damage to undo!
  • ashleydawndill
    Thanks for the suggestion Kiwi, I'll give that a go!

Missed my weigh-in AGAIN on Friday cause the scale was malfunctioning. So hopefully I'll get that done today.
    Went to a wine tasting event on Saturday which was awesome. Didn't bother tracking cause I knew I'd be way over haha. I need to start prepping meals for the weekend, cause my eating just goes downhill the second Friday night comes along
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Hi everyone :)

I've been really quiet lately and I'm sorry I miss checking up on all of you!!!

I'm going through a breakup with kids so it's not been so much fun. It's not horrible but there is just so much to do.

So i havent been logging, or eating much without wanting to puke .. But i'll get back on it soon!!! I'm relieved that I am taking an out on the relationship and for now it's going really smoothly.. both parties agree :)

Talk to you all soon!!
  • Sorry to hear that Gen, that sucks :(

Called in to work this afternoon so I missed my first day of Strong Curves... also now working tomorrow all day, so I'm trying to decide whether to try and get up early (in the dark! and cold!) to run or do it after 8 hours on my feet. Going to try hard not to skip it... I hate being lazy.
  • DanaW13
    Gen, I'm so sorry, that is hard. I'm glad things are going smoothly, I'm surer getting back to feeling normal will happen gradually.

Ashley, I'm sure the wine tasting was worth it!

I did pretty good yesterday. This afternoon my in laws watch the kids, which is often a time when I indulge. I will not go over today!!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    Oh no, Gen, that's horrible :( Big hugs! Could you try and stick to maintenance for a while?

My Dad has just gone, so Im back on it today (had another PT session too). So hopefully any gain will be gone soon :)
  • DanaW13
    Good day yesterday, I was under for once. No exercise today, so I'm going to need willpower!
  • ashleydawndill
    Sick again, so that's great. My trainer had to go home sick yesterday so we missed our session, but I went in on my own anyway. Mastered the barbell without any pain this time, yay! Also ordered a Polar ft4, but shipping is going to take 3 weeks... gah. Excited to get it though!
  • DanaW13
    Feel better Ashley!

I did go over yesterday, not unexpected with no exercise. I will run today and hopefully be under.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    I haven't checked-in in a while but wanted to say I'm till here and I'm still trying to lose those last 5lbs.
    In the past two months I've been training for two sprint triathlons that I completed (yay me!!).... so focusing on cutting the weight wasn't there. Now I'm all about it. Just 5lbs!!!
    I know I can do it!! Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know they have my support for their journey!